Dublin - Vicar Street (July 29, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / Irish Blood, English Heart / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / First Of The Gang To Die / Speedway / Scandinavia / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Know It's Over / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / Black Cloud / People Are The Same Everywhere / Satellite Of Love / Alma Matters / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat is Murder // There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

set list provided by Patrick

Vicar Street review by Tony Clayton-Lea - Irish Times. Link from Dara.
Short review by Eamon Sweeney - Irish Independent. Link from BlueKoyote

Last edited:
The Gig was Amazing - And to all those who watched Eastenders and sold their tickets - IT HAD NO EFFECT ON ANYTHING LAST NIGHT, NOR TONIGHT!

Morrissey, is in the best form i have seen in a long time - Vocal, Energy and still hates people quiet passionately, which is always Great to hear!

The Venue was packed to the rafters and on talking to some touts in the que, they said that it was impossible for to get spare tickets because they were such an asset - This tour is going great for Morrissey and his EXCEPTIONAL band!

He even played "Your the one for me fatty" - I can only wonder why?? (Considering for such a small island, statistics show that our percentage rates have soared since 2008 with reagards of eating dead animal doused in Chemicals!

Thank you Morrissey - You are a Godlike Genius, only More God than Like!

Hope whoever, was at the gig, enjoyed it as much as i did! Viva - Morrissey (And Welcome Home!) x

Not-so-cuddly Chris Wilde has been saying on Facebook that he is planning on thumping Hugh Clark over his "behaviour" on the queues on tour.

When is this punch up going to happen because I desperatly want to see that fight.

No doubt Hugh deserves the punches (we all know all about his behaviour on tour with young girls over the years)

PS Chris – you are not “hated for loving”, as you say, you're basically just tolerated for existing.
That he hits on on them(the girls) or what do you mean?

That Kristeen Young's vagina has never done him any good?

That's pretty forward...did he mean it, like - shame, her vagina has never done him any good,
and wants it to ??!! Sounds like a come on.

im so glad i wasnt there either
his setlist is beyond boring
guess only julia gets worked up about it but then again she isnte paying to hear the same shit night after night just has a right to dismiss those paying for tix if she doesnt like the look of them

who on gods earth likes the look of her?

summat drstically wrong with his entourage

i hope the lines he stole from the rich and the poor and the very poor will ring true one day
rob the poor bastards payin to get julia and her mates in free than ban those that pay

youre a f***in disgrace morrissey

and yes u should have an handbag

handbag from liverpool
The set-list is pretty dire, isn't it? Speedway and I Know It's Over, I'd've liked to have heard, but as for the rest? No, ta, seen & heard it all before ... performed by better musicians.

Re: Article: Dublin - Vicar Street (July 29, 2011) post-showafricana xerity

i would like to say that boring intro he plays just reflects his disregard for fans

we need something meaty like
peter greens man of the world
frees my brother jake
led zep kashmir

get off the handbag mate its so f***in borin

lol irene
the music he plays is dull beyond belief

not a load ofr poofy lookin fellas singin shite
Black cloud in exchange for shoplifters....belting[i/QUOTE]

im so glad i wasnt there either
his setlist is beyond boring
guess only julia gets worked up about it but then again she isnte paying to hear the same shit night after night just has a right to dismiss those paying for tix if she doesnt like the look of them

U2 Blog mentioned on Twitter last night that Morrissey had just said that it was Julia's 501st concert. I took my calculator out and if you think that the average concert lasted 70-75 minutes, she spent about 24 days in Morrissey's presence during the past 28 years, if she did not meet him otherwise. This is not much if you compare it with a 3-4 weeks holidays with somebody. 500 is also less than half the audience at any single concert. I had expected her to have been to more concerts given that people said that she did not miss any for years and the attention that she receives.

That Kristeen Young's vagina has never done him any good?

That's pretty forward...did he mean it, like - shame, her vagina has never done him any good,
and wants it to ??!! Sounds like a come on.

I took it to mean that he was referring to, er, his own vagina. He was glancing down at his crotch. It was an odd moment.

ive seen ho3w these devious bastards work
julia appears a few hours before
weighs up the crowd, forgiven the fact of course they have paid for all her priviliges
gives everyone a once over

who the f*** she is we are still waiting to hear

but nonetheless if u are hated u are certainly hated

david maybe u didnt suck up to st julia enough

im just buying tix and if they dont let me in by her say so ill sue the bitch

and beware

handbags in liverpool
speaks to all the in crowd mates

speaks tio
He played Fatty at alot of the gigs this tour, an he's not from Dublin.

The concert last night makes me despise Morrissey fans. The front row is full of arses especially the grey haired Scottish bloke with a balding spot the size of a murray mint on the back of his petulant head. Full of hate and a bloated sense of importance. I see the same people over again and I feel sorry for you.
Mob mentality.
They hold all the worst aspects of Morrissey, the pomp, preciousness, cruelty and bad personal hygiene with out any of his good qualities. Quoting Morrissey does not make you clever liking the same things as him does not make you him. Last ever Morrissey gig, shall stick to listening to his albums.
Setlist was shit except for OB and IKIO. Black cloud was the worst song off his last album. Underwhelmed in every sense of the word. Why do fans insist on some sort of hierarchy? Honestly never been so disgusted in my life. He should ban alcohol at his concerts you are disgusting drunks. He looked bored all night.

Not really; they were mediocre and Tobias is better than Whyte as a guitarist by a country mike. Morrissey controls what he releases and dross line Tormentors mistune laid squarely at his door.

I completely disagree. Alain plays with much more delicacy and finesse than the incredibly heavy-handed, essentially mono-toned, power chord crazy, "throw it at the wall and see if it sticks", Jesse Tobias.

Alain's playing suits Moz way better than Jesse.

3 pages of nothing, barely a word on the gig instead amaturish critics who actually know nothing about anything, musical or otherwise jabbering on, have you not left the iron on? Go away, please, if he doesnt mean anything to you anymore then why are you here? is you life THAT empty.

The gig was great, the venue was small and cramped but in a very good way. everyone was into it and good vibes were flowing both ways, Moz was chatty between tracks and joked about the royals.

ultimatly the band have a heavy sound but it seems to suit the older Moz, he hasnt mellowed.

The new tracks were great, I for 1 am looking forward to the next serving of a Moz album.

Viva Moz

You're absolutely right. This page tends to get worse day by day. It's truly disappointing

Did anyone go?
What was it like?
What was moz like between songs,much banter or quiet?

It was truly amazing. [Disclaimer: I came from San Francisco, Calif. to see this show.]
Venue is small-ish, the size of Irving Plaza or Webster Hall in NYC - very intimate. I am not a 'mosh pit' sort usually at shows but was able to find a spot stage right about five rows back. Yes Julia was there too (#501).

Mozzer was in fine form, telling jokes inspired by Kristeen Young, our opener, and while not incredibly animated you could tell he identified with the mainly young, Irish crowd. I met four or five lovely people afters (thx, Mark) and managed to continue at Grand Social, where I saw Boz and others from the band.

he is one of the most boring twats ive ever listened to
i wanted to kill myself with paul weller

irene

iranted to kill myself with paul weller

irene
I completely disagree. Alain plays with much more delicacy and finesse than the incredibly heavy-handed, essentially mono-toned, power chord crazy, "throw it at the wall and see if it sticks", Jesse Tobias.

Alain's playing suits Moz way better than Jesse.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom