Do rappers like Morrissey?

Still Iller

GO PREDS!!
This one does!

Hello,
I've been reading So-Low for years, but finally have something to contribute. Some of you may enjoy the song Nina, sing me to sleep by my group, the Billy Goats. It's an ode to Nina of Girl In A Coma and the title is an (obvious) nod to the Smiths' song, Asleep.

Here's a link to us performing it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1y4v2_SWDE

Or you can hear it here:
http://www.myspace.com/ilovethebillygoats

Enjoy.
Or don't.

-ILLER

Last edited:
hilarious! you got some skillz!

I'm sure Andre 3000 from Outkast likes him!

yeah i read on several occasions how he likes there is a light and also that (the music of) hey ya was inspired by the smiths(love that vid!)

and i love that song of course!

edit4th dec:
The Smiths, "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me"
Andre: I personally wish I would have written that Smiths' song "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me." Genius song. This girl named Hannah in Atlanta turned me on to them. 'Cause I was telling her that I loved the Hives and the Buzzcocks and she said, "Hey, you need to check these guys out." [On the song] it's this dude and he says, "Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me/ No hope, no harm, just another false alarm." So it's like he had a relationship and then he woke up and he was like, "Damn, it was just a dream."
in a smiths annniversary mag made by q andre 300 also nominated there is a light as his fave song ever

Dre: "A friend of mine was looking a my CD collection and was like, 'Hey if you like these people you'd better check out The Smiths.' So I checked them out and found a lot of songs that I love. It's all about his [Morrissey's] performance on the records, it's almost like he wasn't a singer at all, I guess he was a poet and did a melody on top of a band playing music. It's funny to me, but it's great that he sings like that. Like he has a book of poems and he goes in and just pulls out a poem and puts it on top of the music because he does the same melodies over and over, I think that's cool. My favourite Smiths record? William something ['William, It Was Really Nothing' - Smiths Ed]."

hey ya was acc to outkast beside the smiths also influenced by the buzzcocks and the ramones
[/B]

Last edited:

werd :cool:

quiz.jpg

yeah i rreadion several occasions how he likes there is a light and also tha (the music of) hey ya was inspired by the smiths(love that vid!)

REALLY? I LOVE that song!!! *dances* That's one of those songs that if you're not shaking your botty, you must be dead.

Just got an image of Snoop Dogg kicking back in his crib. With a fatty hanging from one hand, head back, eyes closed, mouth upturned into a dreamily rapturous smile, listening to Get Off The Stage...

Just got an image of Snoop Dogg kicking back in his crib. With a fatty hanging from one hand, head back, eyes closed, mouth upturned into a dreamily rapturous smile, listening to Get Off The Stage...

I remember back in... 2004? Just before Moz did a week on the Craig Killborn show, Craig had Snoop Dog on and asked him if he knew who Morrissey was and Snoops reply was something like "Oh yeah, he's sharp!"
:thumb:

I remember back in... 2004? Just before Moz did a week on the Craig Killborn show, Craig had Snoop Dog on and asked him if he knew who Morrissey was and Snoops reply was something like "Oh yeah, he's sharp!"
:thumb:

yeah, but it seemed to me that Snoop didn't know who Moz was but didn't want to admit it.

PE acknowledges that the song Louder Than a Bomb was inspired by the album Louder Than Bombs... http://www.morrissey-solo.com/news/1998/72.shtml

yeah, but it seemed to me that Snoop didn't know who Moz was but didn't want to admit it.

Yeah, that's totally possible. But then why wouldn't he just say "I dunno, I listen to rap, yo!" I mean, why would he run the risk of saying he likes something that he might find out he's strongly against? It's not a live show and it could have been edited out or whatever if he just said "dunno".

Back
Top Bottom