Dissaponted there's no new material on this tour

Tbevie

Girl afraid
I was really hoping Moz would have premiered a couple of new songs on this American tour. Didn't Moz say in an interview at the end of last year that they were hoping to be back in the studio in Febuary this year. I don't know If that was just wishful thinking or if he was in talks with a label and for whatever reason it didn't happen. But they obviously have an album worth of new material. I think I remember 14 new tracks being mentioned by Moz at some point.

I understand him not wanting to play anything new during the Uk and Europian dates earlier this year with WPINOYB still being quite fresh but I think most fans have heard these songs live now. And surely if the new material is of a high standered then putting a couple of track out there will only help with label interest.

Re: Dissaponted there's no new material on this tour.

I was really hoping Moz would have premiered a couple of new songs on this American tour. Didn't Moz say in an interview at the end of last year that they were hoping to be back in the studio in Febuary this year. I don't know If that was just wishful thinking or if he was in talks with a label and for whatever reason it didn't happen. But they obviously have an album worth of new material. I think I remember 14 new tracks being mentioned by Moz at some point.

I understand him not wanting to play anything new during the Uk and Europian dates earlier this year with WPINOYB still being quite fresh but I think most fans have heard these songs live now. And surely if the new material is of a high standered then putting a couple of track out there will only help with label interest.

Perhaps he wants to keep all his new work under wraps for now Tbevie ?

Think we all now morrissey by now and he likes to keep us waiting!!!

In fact the wait is almost the best part of it ! specially when were all there waiting for him to appear on stage live in concert , and we all smile at each other and say hes coming - its nearly time!!! :)
I cant wait for the new album, but supose we will have 2 , we have no choice !
Really looking forward to his new book novel 2 ! :)

If I'm right, it took until 2011 for any new material to be played live/broadcast after Years of Refusal in 2009. I can understand him not wanting risk looking like a 'Love to Love' plea in the back of a newspaper by playing new songs not even a year after 'World Peace...' was released. Still, I'm really quite desperate to hear something - I can't wait to hear the way in which the band will have progressed since they've looked so tight during recent tours, and I can't wait to see in which direction Moz's lyrics turn.

It is strange. Morrissey would have some of these songs for years. I remember hearing Scandinavia when I saw him in San Antonio 3 or so years ago. He usually at least plays some songs once.

If he really does have those 14 songs ready to go, it would be interesting to know what he's thinking and how he approaches this strategically. On the one hand, debuting some new songs on tour might stoke that label interest as you say, but on the other, maybe there's a good reason not to. Like maybe he doesn't want to dilute the potential impact and interest whatever record company would get out of releasing an album of unheard stuff. Maybe if it's already out there, the record company is less interested because people have less of a reason to wonder about it or buy it. Or maybe he's worried that if the songs aren't appealing, they'll make nobody want to sign him. So maybe if he instead keeps them under wraps and gets the deal inked first, he can then present them fait accompli. Not sure how all that works.

If the songs stem primarily from the last couple of years they won't be happy or jolly songs lyrically apart from one song Moz always throws in to lighten the mood (KMAL).

Perhaps he wants to keep all his new work under wraps for now Tbevie ?

Think we all now morrissey by now and he likes to keep us waiting!!!

In fact the wait is almost the best part of it ! specially when were all there waiting for him to appear on stage live in concert , and we all smile at each other and say hes coming - its nearly time!!! :)
I cant wait for the new album, but supose we will have 2 , we have no choice !
Really looking forward to his new book novel 2 ! :)

Part of me agrees with you. I remember when ROTT was released. All 12 tracks where fresh and although it's not one of my favourite Moz albums it was definitely one of the most exciting releases. But the impatient part of me is desperate to hear some new stuff. I love WPINOYB and I'm looking forward to seeing if the band are going to continue in this new musical direction.

Last edited:

Part of me agrees with you. I remember when ROTT was released. All 12 tracks where fresh and although it's not one of my favourite Moz albums it was definitely one of the most exciting releases. But the impatient part of me is desperate to hear some new stuff. I love WPINOYB and I'm looking forward to seeing if the band are going to continue in this new musical direction.

me too. im rally curious if the flamenco will stay somewhat. i desperately want it to anyway. i dont think him playing anything live will attract label interest. labels know his music is great and relatively popular but rather its his relationship with the label that i think will put people off if anything

labels know his music is great and relatively popular but rather its his relationship with the label that i think will put people off if anything

But that's where you're wrong.
Labels know his music is hit and miss. Occasionally he and his composers write brilliant, catchy songs, but most of the time they don't. With brilliant songs (which are selected as singles) his albums can potentially sell half a million in the UK. Without this, they won't even sell 50,000. His sales and song quality are all over the place, so labels are understandably super-cautious to sign him without knowing exactly how good his latest batch of songs are.

Yea I can see what you mean

But they reckon - all good things come 2 those who wait and Patience is a virtue!

Unfortunatly this doesnt really help us in many ways!

But what I do when I buy morrisseys latest CD album is I dont actually listen 2 all the tracks in one go, I just listen 2 the first 6 songs over and over again and then I listen 2 the remaining tracks one per week!
This way I have some of his latest music 2 really look forward 2 and his album lasts me months before Ive listened 2 it all !!!!!

I allways do this , I do it with KristeenYoungs lastest CDs 2!
Awww the vocals simply breathtaking!!!! Gorgeous!! :)

But that's where you're wrong.
Labels know his music is hit and miss. Occasionally he and his composers write brilliant, catchy songs, but most of the time they don't. With brilliant songs (which are selected as singles) his albums can potentially sell half a million in the UK. Without this, they won't even sell 50,000. His sales and song quality are all over the place, so labels are understandably super-cautious to sign him without knowing exactly how good his latest batch of songs are.

But 2 pick up on the points rasied by other members of he forum, Im not really sure morrissey has any real problems or issues being signed up by a record lable, they all KNOW he has a massive loyal fan base, it wouldent realy matter what he sings - It will alwways sell!

But as luck happens - he allways puts out fantastic music anyways!!!! :)

But they reckon - all good things come 2 those who wait and Patience is a virtue!

But what I do when I buy morrisseys latest CD album is I dont actually listen 2 all the tracks in one go, I just listen 2 the first 6 songs over and over again and then I listen 2 the remaining tracks one per week!
This way I have some of his latest music 2 really look forward 2 and his album lasts me months before Ive listened 2 it all !!!!!

But 2 pick up on the points rasied by other members of he forum, Im not really sure morrissey has any real problems or issues being signed up by a record lable, they all KNOW he has a massive loyal fan base, it wouldent realy matter what he sings - It will alwways sell!

Are you going to the Hull show?

best
GOBB

Any chance we see proper studio recordings of Action, People are the Same, and Kid's a Looker? Maybe he recorded these songs during the World Peace sessions and they never bothered to release them? We did see Scandanvia and Art-Hounds emerge from the World Peace recordings, so it was a bit strange seeing those three songs omitted, knowing that Moz had toured them quite heavily the past couple years.

The five new songs debuted in 2002 made it onto the Quarry sessions, the same can be said for the 2007 tour regarding Refusal. It looks like I'm Playing Easy to Get and Noise is the Best Revenge join the above 3 in the sad fact that they never received proper studio album treatment, as of yet.

Last edited:

The idea that Morrissey has a massive loyal fan-base is simply a myth.
If he had such a thing, why would half a million people buy You Are The Quarry, but just 30,000 buy World Peace? His sales are all over the place, and always have been.
Hundreds of thousands bought Viva Hate, a fraction bought Kill Uncle.
There is a consistently (fairly) large number of people who'll go to the live shows but most have little interest in his recent songs.

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance we see proper studio recordings of Action, People are the Same, and Kid's a Looker? Maybe he recorded these songs during the World Peace sessions and they never bothered to release them? We did see Scandanvia and Art-Hounds emerge from the World Peace recordings, so it was a bit strange seeing those three songs omitted, knowing that Moz had toured them quite heavily the past couple years.

The five new songs debuted in 2002 made it onto the Quarry sessions, the same can be said for the 2007 tour regarding Refusal. It looks like I'm Playing Easy to Get and Noise is the Best Revenge join the above 3 in the sad fact that they never received proper studio album treatment, as of yet.

Out of the 250 or so songs that Morrissey has ever co-written, People Are The Same and The Kids A Looker were voted the second worst, and the very worst.
Amazing to think that they came from the same session. A pair of absolute stinkers. Not recording them properly was a wise decision, although it's baffling that he still plays People every now and then, especially when the World Peace songs are so much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance we see proper studio recordings of Action, People are the Same, and Kid's a Looker? Maybe he recorded these songs during the World Peace sessions and they never bothered to release them? We did see Scandanvia and Art-Hounds emerge from the World Peace recordings, so it was a bit strange seeing those three songs omitted, knowing that Moz had toured them quite heavily the past couple years. .

Out of the 250 or so songs that Morrissey has ever co-written, People Are The Same and The Kids A Looker were voted the second worst, and the very worst.
Amazing to think that they came from the same session. A pair of absolute stinkers. Not recording them properly was a wise decision, although it's baffling that he still plays People every now and then, especially when the World Peace songs are so much better.

Last edited:

I really admire your willpower MIDNITE. When it comes to Moz albums I have none. I always plan to wait until the release date but I always cave the moment I see the word leaked on here. No other Artist has that affect on me. But no matter when or where I hear a Morrissey album for the first time, those seconds just before, the excitement and anticipation. It's like being a child again on Christmas morning. Hopefully we've got a few more Christmas mornings to look forward to. :)

Back
Top Bottom