Did you see Morrissey 25 at the cinema?

That so-called 'Superfan' David Lewin is so arrogant!!! My friend said he was bragging on Facebook as usual with the following couple of examples(too many bragging posts to list them all!) :

David Lewin shared a link.
24 August.
Well, it's nearly here and I'm sure the burning question on quite literally no one's lips is, "Will Dave be in the film?" I personally don't think we'll make it into the film but if we do I'd just like to say, bearing in mind that Hollywood mega-stardom could be just around the corner, it has been nice knowing you people

David Lewin
Best Supporting Actor in a queue award for me!
3 days ago via mobile · Like · 7 (Got to laugh at this one as he hasn't experience what real queuing for a Morrissey gig is like time after time in the freezing cold/boiling heat etc..)

Toyed with the idea of going for weeks but ultimately decided against it. I like the idea of going to the cinema to see a concert but didn't fancy sitting in an empty cinema on a bank holiday.

I know the diehards on here won't like this but the last few concerts I've been to have been underwhelming and I wasn't holding out much hope for this film. I had the pleasure of seeing him perform at his peak and seeing him now makes me feel a bit sad if I'm honest.

I had a feeling things like the fan's comments wouldn't translate so well after the fact, but that night? It all made sense in a way that's impossible to explain. Have to wait til Thursday to see it. I thought about taking a friend but I'm thinking about going by myself, might be more enjoyable. I can't imagine a packed house where I'm seeing it, it's a private Christian College town, not exactly the Morrissey set, though they have a cool record shop.

Are you talking about Claremont and Rhino Records?

Last edited:
Just had to write you a quick 'congratulations' for your latest post. Albeit a small work of hate and dilution by your standards, you managed as always to:
1) Be the foremost expert in all things Morrissey.
2) Give yourself a slap on the back for being so awesome.
3) Use the word 'cult' at least twice no matter how short or long(winded) your post is.
& most importantly...
4) Give us all a great big laugh with your utter and complete dedication to nonsense. I don't know how you do it!
Keep 'em comin!

You really want him to keep em coming? I tend to lose interest in Brummies posts after the first two sentences as they tend to lean towards the bazaar and redundant.

People on twitter seem to have liked it. This is funny:

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy BBs posts and consider his opinionated and lets face it, sometimes factual posts refreshing, long winded (just scan them) but enjoying all the same.
Anyhow, back on track, a staggering 6 people (including me) turned up at the Hull Odeon to see '25', however, I enjoyed it, excellent sound quality, which you will miss on the dvd/br. some cringy, 'you saved me' etc etc mic moments, but well worth the money I thought.

Curzon Soho (London) screening had well attendance and the biggest surprise was Boz and Lyn also turned up! :)

I thought it'd be shown in the smallest auditorium, but I was wrong.

It was screened at the biggest one and around 100 people enjoyed watching it.

At the box office they gave a sheet of paper for treasure hunt.

Nice to see Julie Hamil and Amy Lame as well.

Bonus was finally found out where the mysterious clip came from - a drama called Department S.

Just under 20 here in Bolton, and I really enjoyed it he was on form, the set was good, band played well, audience a bit lame I thought American shows would be a bit manic but no mosh pits in sight.

Just under 20 here in Bolton, and I really enjoyed it he was on form, the set was good, band played well, audience a bit lame I thought American shows would be a bit manic but no mosh pits in sight.

Who goes to a Morrissey concert to mosh?

Anyone know if it's still on anywhere in London today by any chance?

Couldn't make it last night.

Thank goodness, hopefully you can go to Greenwich Picturehouse screening on Tuesday 24th September. :)

http://www.morrissey25live.com/

PS. good to know that Saturday 24th screening at Hackney Picturehouse was sold out!
Because of the success Greenwich Picturehouse screening has been added.

Last edited:
Cool.

Hope you enjoy the film. Or sit there gritting your teeth and basking in your superior nature. Whatever works for you.

Thanks for sharing your hope, but it's misplaced. I'll see it on DVD. I changed my mind and went out with friends for dinner instad. When I see it, I won't grit my teeth, just LOL at the "thanks for being alive/you saved my children's lives" and see if the band sound as pedestrian as I remember them last time I saw a show. That will work for me. Thank you for caring.

Regards.

- - - Updated - - -

Just had to write you a quick 'congratulations' for your latest post. Albeit a small work of hate and dilution by your standards, you managed as always to:
1) Be the foremost expert in all things Morrissey.
2) Give yourself a slap on the back for being so awesome.
3) Use the word 'cult' at least twice no matter how short or long(winded) your post is.
& most importantly...
4) Give us all a great big laugh with your utter and complete dedication to nonsense. I don't know how you do it!
Keep 'em comin!

Thank you for that feedback. I hope you continue to find value in my contributions.

regards.

Last edited:
You really want him to keep em coming? I tend to lose interest in Brummies posts after the first two sentences as they tend to lean towards the bazaar and redundant.

I assume you mean 'bizarre'? Please don't even bother with the first two sentences, just put me on 'Ignore' and return to your delusionality. If you don't know how to do that, I'm sure one of the helpful moderators will assist you. Enjoy your journey through Morrissey's hilarious late-career period.

regards.

I assume you mean 'bizarre'? Please don't even bother with the first two sentences, just put me on 'Ignore' and return to your delusionality. If you don't know how to do that, I'm sure one of the helpful moderators will assist you. Enjoy your journey through Morrissey's hilarious late-career period.

regards.

So you agree?

So you agree?

How could I agree with your drivel? How could anyone even parse your inanities? Please refrain from this attention seeking behaviour. You clearly have challenging issues and difficult to meet needs. Unfortunaltey, I always get casualties like you who repeatedly communicate nonsense to me in the wan hope that by doing so, some of my incandescence will light up their dismal world.

regards.

Who goes to a Morrissey concert to mosh?

People who like his music but cannot contain their disturbing emotions during a concert. These people are usually known as 'fans'. They are quite funny to watch but often are intoxicated and sometimes fall flat on their faces and get trampled to death in the mayhem. If the thought of 'mosh' situations disturbs you, ensure you book a seat in the circle rather than the stalls. I trust this reply will be helpful to you.

regards.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom