Pashernate member
Red, hot and blue...

"Passions Just Like Mine" (link below)
> 'official releases'
>> 'collectors appendix'
>>> 'Morrissey'
>>>> 'Bona Drag' [original edition]

Or take the shortcut

For more info on this series, please read this.

thanks,
Stephane

I have a 20" x 20" counter-top promo stand that was used in record stores in the UK (or, at least, it was bought from someone who worked in a record store who said that's what it was). The image sounds similar to the 'UK Flat' described in PJLM but there is no release info on the back, just a fold-away stand
Manchester-20111119-00024.jpg Manchester-20111119-00025.jpg

I also used to have a subway poster for this release - long since lost I'm afraid - it had the album art work and release date on it in the centre of the poster and all around it in the black back ground was white text about Morrissey and the singles on the album - from memory it mentioned his date of birth and the fact that he used to wear a hearing aid in tribute to Johnny Ray.

Dave

PAMELA LOVE IS AN ARTIST, JEWELRY DESIGNER AND DRUMMER LIVING AND WORKING IN NEW YORK. SHE STARTED HER LINE IN 2006 AFTER WORKING AS AN ASSISTANT TO PAINTER FRANCESCO CEMENTE. FEATURED HERE IS THE CURRENT SPRING 2011 COLLECTION, WHICH IS ALWAYS SUPPLMENTED BY THE PERMANENT CLASSIC COLLECTION. PAMELA'S SIGNATURE PIECES TEND TO INCLUDE ELEMENTS OF NATURE LIKE BIRD CRANIUMS AND EAGLE CLAWS, AND ARE HANDCARVED AND CAST IN PRECIOUS METALS. PAMELA IS INSPIRED BY RELIGIOUS IMAGERY, THE FILMS OF ALEJANDRO JODOROWSKY, NEIL YOUNG AND TRADITIONAL AFRICAN AND SOUTH AMERICAN JEWELRY. EVERY PIECE IS HAND MADE IN NEW YORK.

funny photos

I have a 20" x 20" counter-top promo stand that was used in record stores in the UK (or, at least, it was bought from someone who worked in a record store who said that's what it was). The image sounds similar to the 'UK Flat' described in PJLM but there is no release info on the back, just a fold-away stand
View attachment 12428 View attachment 12429

I also used to have a subway poster for this release - long since lost I'm afraid - it had the album art work and release date on it in the centre of the poster and all around it in the black back ground was white text about Morrissey and the singles on the album - from memory it mentioned his date of birth and the fact that he used to wear a hearing aid in tribute to Johnny Ray.

Dave

I think it was used in record stores.
I worked for two years at book stores and we had lost of counter-top posters to promote books and albums...

Last edited:

Dave

Sorry to quote myself... but this poster has just popped up on ebay - the first time I think I have seen it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MORRISSEY...usic_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item35b94af680
Bona Drag Poster.JPG

I've always assumed it to be official, but then I've just read some of the text it says that "Stephen" Patrick Morrissey was born... so, maybe not?

Dave

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I labored for 2 years at book shops and that we had lost of counter-top posters to advertise books and albums...

I think that poster was made by HMV to promote the album.

I additionally once had a subway poster with this release - lengthy since lost I am afraid - it had the album artwork and release date onto it within the center from the poster and all sorts of around it within the black background was whitened text about Morrissey and also the singles around the album - from memory it pointed out his birth date cheap he accustomed to put on a assistive hearing device in tribute to Johnny Ray.

Back
Top Bottom