Can anyone help with a Spanish translation?

A orija para el toro

I know para el toro is for the bull but what does the first part mean? I tried online translations but orija keeps coming back as orija... Is it a name?

It's spelled wrong, it's "la oreja para el toro". The ear for the bull, I think it's what they say when the bull attacks the torero.

You're welcome. :) I wish ThisCharmingGirl was here so that we could ask her...

I think you're right EP. It must be oreja cause orija is not a spanish word.
But the sentence doesn't make sense anyway. It will have to be 'La oreja para el torero' cause when the bullfighter kills the toro he takes the ear of the toro as a prize. Where did you find that sentence Vodoo? Can you give more details?

BTW, do you like bullfighting? I hate it :barf:

But the sentence doesn't make sense anyway. It will have to be 'La oreja para el torero' cause when the bullfighter kills the toro he takes the ear of the toro as a prize. Where did you find that sentence Vodoo? Can you give more details?

Noooo! The reason I ask is an idea for a tattoo. Its an old one from the 50s in a book of tattoos and it shows a bull sticking his horn in the matador - yay! That was the sentence in the scroll and I was curious... I guess he just had it spelt wrong cos he didnt have the good people of solo to ask back in those days!

I think it does make sense, it's a wordplay, suggesting that it was the bull that killed the bullfighter. So the bull took the ear.

Back
Top Bottom