BBC Horrible Histories (UK Kid's TV) Song - Charles Dickens in the style of The Smiths

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2014 (read-only)' started by ASLEF shrugged, May 31, 2013.

By ASLEF shrugged on May 31, 2013 at 6:01 PM
  1. ASLEF shrugged

ASLEF shrugged New Member

Home Page:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
    1. Kewpie
      Kewpie
      Last edited: May 29, 2013
    2. StevenM
      StevenM
      Morrissey spoof on BBC Horrible Histories

This is a delightful moment from the CBBC show Horrible Histories that fans of Morrissey, Dickens and literature will I'm sure enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrrAQ2Sz4BU
      Last edited: May 29, 2013
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
    4. mozmal
      mozmal
      Re: Morrissey spoof on BBC Horrible Histories

Very nice, thanks for the link.
    5. Peterb
      Peterb

Horrible Histories is an excellent program. V. Funny indeed dispite being made for CBBC!
    6. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer

(What's the first C stand for and why don't you like them?)
    7. Peterb
      Peterb

Hi Crystal, CBBC is a dedicated BBC channel for older kids. The C is for 'childrens'.
      I do like it, I'm just being a little snobbish about programs made for children.
      Ofcourse there is no reason why childrens TV should be any worse than adult telly.
    8. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer

Thanks for the answer. In America our kids channel is called Nickelodeon. I think some of the shows are way more clever than adult shows. :D
    9. carnal artist
      carnal artist
    10. Bluebirds
      Bluebirds

I think its terrible that with the advent of digital TV childrens television programming has been shunt off to the nether regions of digital TV land. Back "in 1954" when I was a kid and it were all fields and bomb sites it was accepted that kids watched kids shows on BBC1 between 3.30 and 5.30pm. (Occasionally flicking over to ITV if a decent cartooon was on)

No wonder Britain is f***ed and the youth of today have no hope; when they're at school they can no longer talk about yesterday's Grange Hill or the new Chorlton & The Wheelies. No common ground. And the advent of no stickyback plastic is indirectly responsible for gang postcode warfare and the rise of radical extremism.

It was all so much easier when there 3 (or 4) channels.
      Last edited: May 30, 2013
    11. King Leer
      King Leer

Just saw the video through Twitter. Excellent!
      Singing and music playing is up to par. It draws mainly on Heaven Knows and Sheila -- what else is in the mix?
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous

This Charming Man for the bass line.
    13. HandThatRocksTheCradle
      HandThatRocksTheCradle

I'm hearing a smidgen of "The Charming Man" sprinkled in there. This is BRILLIANT!! Well done! I might have paid attention in History class if it were presented like this!
    14. DAVIE
      DAVIE

Made me cringe!
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Re: Article: BBC Horrible Histories (UK Kid's TV) Song - Charles Dickens in the style

This perhaps the most British thing I've ever seen.
    16. Librarian On Fire
      Librarian On Fire
      That's really enjoyable. I liked viewing it. Morrissey's a fan of Dickens so perhaps he'll approve!
    17. realitybites
      realitybites
      Re: Article: BBC Horrible Histories (UK Kid's TV) Song - Charles Dickens in the style

Pretty impressive.
    18. Luke Action McClure
    19. celibate
      celibate
      if its' for a children programme, than a new generation will seek for Dickens,
      and the music, so again a terrific 3-4 minute video with music from the Smiths, and Dickens singing it,
      all a sign of England's culture...and that made for a cildren's channel, good education IMHO:thumb:

the producers should get an award for this.