Baseball Post Season 2007: Official Thread

Buzzetta

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!
I am guessing we should post the baseball talk here for the next couple of weeks instead of hijacking everyone else's threads.

Anyway as I said before I am burdened with rooting for Boston. I want no part of the Angels. I am hoping however for a five game series to wear down their bullpens.

So now Boston is a game up on LAAoA in the five game series. I say Boston in five

Yankees over Indians in four

I agree with SNS22 (I think it was you that said it) that the AL Champ will beat whoever wins the NL.

As a realistic Cubs fan, I'm keeping my expectations low. Surprise me, boys!

Everyone loves a scapegoat :D
untitled.jpg

As a realistic Cubs fan, I'm keeping my expectations low. Surprise me, boys!

Everyone loves a scapegoat :D
untitled.jpg

Heard that he eventually had to move out of Illinois... any truth to that?

I'm not sure. I thought I heard he moved out of state. He was offered asylum in Florida but declined it. Who knows where he is now. Hey, I would have reached for the ball too. To think how my life would have changed. No thanks! The loss was a comedy of errors really, he bore the brunt. Enough already -- PLAY BALL!

Colorado 4 - Phillies 2
Interesting for the Mets if the Phillies draw blanks in the first round and come up short to go home early. Daily News reported today that Randolph is safe for next year btw.

I am guessing we should post the baseball talk here for the next couple of weeks instead of hijacking everyone else's threads.

Anyway as I said before I am burdened with rooting for Boston. I want no part of the Angels. I am hoping however for a five game series to wear down their bullpens.

So now Boston is a game up on LAAoA in the five game series. I say Boston in five

I agree with SNS22 (I think it was you that said it) that the AL Champ will beat whoever wins the NL.

What's funny is we always pick the AL champ, cause they're the most dominant and yet since 2001...since the dethroning of the Mighty Yankees...

The Diamondbacks, The Marlins, and The Cardinals all have won World Series over what many people thought were better AL Teams...2 of them were the Yankees of course, who always collapse under pressure...

If the Angels get good pitching, they have a chance of pulling it out...

Indians will Sweep The Yankees....I see shades Of Sandy Alomar Jr coming back to haunt Mariano Rivera....

Heard that he eventually had to move out of Illinois... any truth to that?

You can't blame Bartman....

Following this incident, the Marlins scored eight unanswered runs: [3]

* Castillo, given new life, drew a walk. Ball four was a wild pitch from Cubs starter Mark Prior, which allowed Pierre to advance to third base.
* Ivan Rodriguez singled to drive in the first run of the inning, making the score 3-1.
* Miguel Cabrera hit a ground ball to Alex S. Gonzalez, who booted the ball. Had Gonzalez fielded the ball properly, the Cubs could have ended the half-inning with a double play.
* Derrek Lee doubled, tying the score and chasing Prior from the game. Relief pitcher Kyle Farnsworth issued an intentional walk, but then gave up a sacrifice fly to give Florida a 4-3 lead. Another intentional walk loaded the bases, followed by a bases-clearing double from Mike Mordecai which made the score 7-3. Pierre singled to put Florida ahead 8-3. Finally Luis Castillo, whose foul popup initiated the controversy, popped out to second to end the inning. In total, the Marlins had sent twelve batters to the plate and scored eight runs. Florida won the game 8-3.
* The next night, Florida overcame Kerry Wood and a 5-3 deficit to win 9-6, and won the pennant.
* The Marlins would go on to win the 2003 World Series, beating the New York Yankees four games to two.

Just Like Donnie Moore blamed himself (and killed himself) for The Angels blowing The 1986 Playoffs....It's stupid...

Moore blew Game FIVE....The Angels then choked twice in a row....

The Angels are and will always be from ANAHEIM....It's such a disprespect to the city of Anaheim that the Angels call themselves "Los Angeles"...now had they chosen to REMAIN the LA Angels when they moved to Anaheim (Instead of changing the name to CALIFORNIA)...well, that would be different..

Just my two cents

My Predictions

Indians over Yankees
Redsoxs over Angels
Phillies over Rockies
Dbacks over Cubbies

Indians over Redsoxs
Phillies over Dbacks

Indians over Phillies

What about you guys?

so lets talk about morrissey. or something unrelated to baseball since you baseball freaks hijacked other threads!!! :D

Rockies! Rockies! Rockies!

Colorado%20rockies%20Primary_Logo.jpg

Rockies over Phillies
DBacks over Fightin' Bartmans

Injuns over Empire
Bosox over California Los Angeles Anaheim Los Angeles Angels of Orange County

Rockies over Dbacks in 6
Bosox over Injuns in 5

And your WS champions....
Colorado Rockies over Bosox in 6 games!

Brad Hawpe will by MVP.:D

Rockies over Phillies
DBacks over Fightin' Bartmans

Injuns over Empire
Bosox over California Los Angeles Anaheim Los Angeles Angels of Orange County

Rockies over Dbacks in 6
Bosox over Injuns in 5

And your WS champions....
Colorado Rockies over Bosox in 6 games!

Brad Hawpe will by MVP.:D

Rockies seem to have quite a momentum going at the moment...reminds me of the Red Sox in 2004...

But I seriously, don't think they have the pitching to go the distance..

Rockies seem to have quite a momentum going at the moment...reminds me of the Red Sox in 2004...

Yeah, that's a big concern. But I don't think that, top to bottom, their pitching is that much worse than the rest of the NL, really. They are very young and inexperienced.

The Cubs don't have a fourth starter, the Phils are starting 76 year old Jamie Moyer in game 3 which the Rockies should take, and they did take the season series 10-8 over AZ should they meet.

If I were AZ, I wouldn't have so much faith in guys like Livan Hernandez and Micah Owings.:o

Yes they do :D

Matt Herges
hergesmatt2.jpg

(Do you guys know how hard it is to find a decent picture of this guy in a Rockies uniform? I was unsuccessful. :D )

Now if they could steal my boy Glavine from the Mets, all would be right in my little baseball world. :p

Yes they do :D

Matt Herges
hergesmatt2.jpg

(Do you guys know how hard it is to find a decent picture of this guy in a Rockies uniform? I was unsuccessful. :D )

Now if they could steal my boy Glavine from the Mets, all would be right in my little baseball world. :p

Matt Herges led the NL in Winning Percentage back in 2000... 11-3 in 59 games

I'm always been a fan of his because of course, he came from LA....

Indians are just crushing the Yankees now...

Yankees are going down quickly again

As a Yankees fan F-CC....... Sabathia

As a baseball fan... he is pitching a brilliant game. The Posada strikeout was huge as Jorge has demonstrated that he can be a gamechanger this year. The popout to end the inning was the nail in the Yanks coffin tonight. Wang was not on. Not his fault but he was outpitched and outhit. The guy is allowed to have a bad game once in awhile. Unfortunately it was tonight.

New posting...

On a side note I am enjoying the announcing team of Gwynn Brenly and Chip Caray. I did not know who it was but they are decent enough that I looked them up.

I do not know how you feel out there but I cannot stand Joe Buck or Joe Morgan.

As a Yankees fan F-CC....... Sabathia

As a baseball fan... he is pitching a brilliant game. The Posada strikeout was huge as Jorge has demonstrated that he can be a gamechanger this year. The popout to end the inning was the nail in the Yanks coffin tonight. Wang was not on. Not his fault but he was outpitched and outhit. The guy is allowed to have a bad game once in awhile. Unfortunately it was tonight.

Personally, I think Guidry could have pitched a better game tonight than Wang....

Guidry pitched what I still consider to be one of the greatest world series games of all time (that I witnessed, at least)...and still came out on the losing end 2-1, due to back to back Homers in the 7th inning...

Then Gossage came in and went headhunting...

But LA Still won the Series....

They said that they clocked Guidry in batting practice and he can still throw in the mid 80's.

Back
Top Bottom