Auckland (Dec. 15), Melbourne (Dec. 19), Sydney (Dec. 22) confirmed - true-to-you.net

Confirmed - true-to-you.net
6 September 2012

Of the six NZ/Australian shows, the following are confirmed:

Saturday 15 December AUCKLAND Vector Arena (NZ)
Wednesday 19 December MELBOURNE Festival Hall (Aust)
Saturday 22 December SYDNEY Opera House (Aust)

Three additional dates are to be announced.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Auckland (Dec. 15), Melbourne (Dec. 19), Sydney (Dec. 22) confirmed - tr

I echo the feelings of another forum poster.
Brisbane show would be excellent, the Tivoli would be the perfect venue.
Why should Sydney and Melbourne get all the good tours?

Re: Article: Auckland (Dec. 15), Melbourne (Dec. 19), Sydney (Dec. 22) confirmed - tr

I won't be able to totally relax until I actually see him walk out on stage, we all remember 1991 (although I was only 7 at the time, I was still on my way to that gig before the radio broadcast in the car on the way there!) :p

Me too! When I heard it on the car radio, I cried, and I was 19!

I'm starting to get a bit angry about this tour

Did the organisers of this tour realise that flights interstate are 200%-300% the usual cost because it's so close to Xmas!?
I just checked.
If it was mid Dec or mid Jan it wouldn't be so bad.

I'm going to be shattered if there is no Brisbane show :(

Be happy! I'm ecstatic. Flights are fine - $200 return from Melbourne to Sydney (at good times) on Qantas. They can't drag the whole tour on with weeks of gaps just to cover everyone's issues and diaries. He's been touring most of the year, so I'm grateful he's pushing it out so late in Dec.
If the next announcements don't suit, pick where and when is best and make a big trip of it. I went to Istanbul last month and the whole experience was mind blowing. One of the best things I ever did. My feet didn't touch the ground for a week.

I am confused ? Why is it ok to go to New Zealand (Saturday 15 December AUCKLAND Vector Arena (NZ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE HOME OF LAMB SLAUGHTER?????????????
Yet he won't go to Canada because of the seal clubbing!!!!!!!!!

To me this says Canada please KILL the seals in the same manner that New Zealand KILL the lambs and I will be happy to put you on the tour !!!!!!!

Canada get your act together and start KILLING those seals in a more New Zealand fashion and I'm sure he will be more than happy to put you on the tour

Someone told me the 4 Australian shows will be

Brisbane
Melbourne
Adelaide
Sydney

I am confused ? Why is it ok to go to New Zealand (Saturday 15 December AUCKLAND Vector Arena (NZ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE HOME OF LAMB SLAUGHTER?????????????
Yet he won't go to Canada because of the seal clubbing!!!!!!!!!

To me this says Canada please KILL the seals in the same manner that New Zealand KILL the lambs and I will be happy to put you on the tour !!!!!!!

Canada get your act together and start KILLING those seals in a more New Zealand fashion and I'm sure he will be more than happy to put you on the tour

:rolleyes:

Morrissey Australian Tour 2012

18th Dec Tivoli Theartre (Brisbane)
19th Dec Festival Hall (Melbourne)
20th Dec Thebarton Theartre (Adelaide)
22nd Dec Opera House (Sydney)

Hope second NZ date is Wellington. Hope Mozza is not taken ill like last time I saw him.

Re: the jamb slaughter post - not sure if it's a troll or the poster is just really dull. By your logic, Morrissey would only play shows in vegetarian countries. Sure, NZ kills a lot of lambs, but isn't the USA the land of beef slaughter. Don't they have bullfighting in Morrissey's beloved Mexico?

Morrissey's refusal to play Canada was not his smartest move. Doesn't mean he shouldn't play New Zeajand though.

I'm so happy for you guys in Australia and NZ!! :)

This is pretty exciting for New Zealand audiences, who haven't had a visit since the Kill Uncle tour of 1991 - 21 years is a long time. I note that Saturday 15th December is the same night as the Devo/Simple Minds/The Church show in Auckland, which kinda cuts into the people-in-their-late-thirties/early-forties-recapturing-their-youth demographic. (Personally, I have no interest in seeing Simple Minds, but am a big Church fan, so was considering that show ... until now, obviously.)

Librarian on Fire - guess I'll see you there?

Indeed. Just need to get my ticket in my hot little hand before I can relax.

Give it time, but I think it would be nice to organise an after gig drink somewhere. Meet ups and all that. Not before the gig as I'll be camped outside Vector. Is 2pm to early?

Great news, I traveled from Sydney to Japan to see him in April, worth every cent ! best show I've seen, really! will be at Opera House show for sure :)

"Slam in the lamb !!!!" Nice one Morrissey "A gig for no reason and a gig for NO reason is MURDER!!!!!"

Its really laughable ! Ha hahahah haha hah Ho ho ho ho Ha hahahah !!!!!!!

Its all smellin a bit veggie/prostitute to me.

Canada there is hope veggie standards seem to be slipping.

"Slam in the lamb !!!!" Nice one Morrissey "A gig for no reason and a gig for NO reason is MURDER!!!!!"

Its really laughable ! Ha hahahah haha hah Ho ho ho ho Ha hahahah !!!!!!!

Its all smellin a bit veggie/prostitute to me.

Canada there is hope veggie standards seem to be slipping.

I pity you. No doubt this will be wasted on someone as blunt as yourself, however, I'm prepared to try.

NZ is the biggest exporter of lamb but only have 4% of the world's sheep population. The majority of sheep are being slaughtered elsewhere.

I pity you. No doubt this will be wasted on someone as blunt as yourself, however, I'm prepared to try.

NZ is the biggest exporter of lamb but only have 4% of the world's sheep population. The majority of sheep are being slaughtered elsewhere.

"As blunt as myself eh!!!!!" New Zealand lamb is advertised on my TV !!!!Spill the beans please! Has it all been a LIE!!!!!! Who is behind all these lies connecting New Zealand with LAMB/SLAUGHTER???????

I wonder what ticket prices will be like esp. for SOH. $100? $85? I would tend to doubt that Moz would be playing falls. The man does have a soul, doesn't he? Or is he the grinch in drag? Oh wait, thats Boz.

Last edited:

Oh, I will definitely be at the Tivoli gig, great choice of venue. (The same venue was rumoured for the last tour that didn't end up happening)

Morrissey Australian Tour 2012

18th Dec Tivoli Theartre (Brisbane)
19th Dec Festival Hall (Melbourne)
20th Dec Thebarton Theartre (Adelaide)
22nd Dec Opera House (Sydney)

Parkway Drive playing Thebarton 20th Dec

Tempted to go to Sydney and Melbourne.

Hmmm ... I will still be feeling an awful lot calmer once this is announced somewhere more "official" than True-to-You. Somewhere with the name of a promoter, details of ticket sales, etc. I wonder who Morrissey would get for support for the Auckland show? Would be a dream gig for a bunch of local indie bands

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom