Article: Morrissey tour in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile in June/July; Morrissey decline

June and July - true-to-you.net

30 March 2013

June and July

Morrissey is scheduled to play shows in seven cities in Mexico in June, rounding-off at the National Auditorium in Mexico City. Morrissey will also appear on two national television shows. The dates in Mexico will be followed by concerts in Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile. Details will be announced shortly.
Morrissey has declined to take part in two upcoming British television documentaries on the Smiths.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey tour in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile in June/July

No! No! No!
Dear Morrissey, please, please, please do not announce any UK dates you tour-whore, we've f***ing heard all the songs before no matter how much Buzz Borer and Jessica Toby-Jug bastardize them through the sausage machine ! Please think of our ears and let us remember the good old days and how the songs should sound. I'm not saying go and reform The Smiths ! Just accept your age/health and shut up ! Yes shut it don't sing and don't speak anymore.
Or you could always write some new songs (Decent ones though)

On behalf of the UK

Please do not return to the US with your shitty set list and 80 minutes shows. There are much better performers who will entertain you for at least twice as long. And lastly jesse T should never be allowed to distroy another Smith's song in public.

Re: Article: Morrissey tour in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile in June/July

You tell em CrystalGeezer! I was thinking the same thing. God forbid that Bowie drag KY around! THAT would be the end of the world. She doesn't tour on her own because noone will foot the bill for her! AND noone really wants to see her or listen to her.

Meh. I bet you a dollar he buys her nurture me pity schtick one more time and takes her to Samerica. :rolleyes: Hopefully not though, she needs to move on and do her own thing and try to be less miserable. It's all very boring.

This Librarian Makes sense,he's certainly not sick.

So you believe that Morrissey wasn't sick? So the reason for the troubles of the last year were what?

Do enlighten us?

You people astonish me

He doesn't live there, so no. I think his current hoping from country to country sees him not have to pay residential tax. I truly think that is why he went to Mexico to recuperate as he would have been in the US for so many days, therefore having to pay residential tax. The tax laws of each country are different, but I'm sure Morrissey's accountant knows the way the system works.

Morrissey is undoubtedly a tax exile from the UK. However he spent less time in the US sick than he would have done had he played, so your theory is incorrect.

Unfortunately assorted dimwits will be taken in by it

Please do not return to the US with your shitty set list and 80 minutes shows. There are much better performers who will entertain you for at least twice as long. And lastly jesse T should never be allowed to distroy another Smith's song in public.

The ashes are all around you now Steven, your performances are short n shit n lies, and now there is gossip of where you do or do not pay tax.
The working class of England will not like it if you've done a Jimmy Carr.

After all too many years of hanging on, I must finally concede defeat to the haters. Their brilliantly-worded, undeniably accurate criticisms of Morrissey and his career downfall have brought my fandom to its knees. It's a rare feat that internet-based hate can actually change the hearts and minds of readers, but this time it's worked. If you're keeping score you can add "one person swayed" to your list of achievements. Thank you for helping me see Morrissey's true colours -- it wouldn't have been possible without you.

After all too many years of hanging on, I must finally concede defeat to the haters. Their brilliantly-worded, undeniably accurate criticisms of Morrissey and his career downfall have brought my fandom to its knees. It's a rare feat that internet-based hate can actually change the hearts and minds of readers, but this time it's worked. If you're keeping score you can add "one person swayed" to your list of achievements. Thank you for helping me see Morrissey's true colours -- it wouldn't have been possible without you.

Your welcome King Leer just glad we helped you out.

Yeah! I know i dont want to sound bad but the reason why is in mexico People pay more money to see him and as you can see he'll also appear on tv MORE MONEY! I've waiting for him almost a year for nothing he postponed us twice and finally he cancelled us :(

He's going to perform ' To take is the reason I live' on South American TV

I see the tacky badge but what the F ---! Wheres the extra track ?
I will not buy these re-issues Morrissey you greedy git

Make that "two people swayed." I've finally seen the error of my ways, and I will cling no longer. Morrissey's heartless decision to tour South America is the final straw.

I'm going back to Nick Cave.

There are one or two here who would hate him regardless, but most who are called haters are actually pointing out the glaring inconsistencies of some of his recent statements and the simple idiocies in others. I've seen the ups and downs in his career. When he was criminally attacked by that piece of shit Steven Wells and the NME for draping himself in a Union Flag at Madstock and singing The National Front Disco. I remember when he was accused of flirting with right wing imagery by Siouxsie Sioux. The same Siouxsie Sioux who spent much of the mid to late seventies sucking off the Sex Pistols while dressed as a f***ing Nazi. That one.

There was a time when he could make a serious point in a witty and understated manner yet skewer his target completely. These days he seems so full of bile and vitriol he too often misses out both the facts and the point. I know I keep returning to it but the Norway thing was so bloody awful it should not be forgotten. It is one of the most hateful and insensitive things I have ever heard, and I've read Mein Kampf.

Most normal people have views they realise that perhaps they should not share in polite company. Morrissey no longer seems to have the ability to keep his own counsel, and his Oscar Wilde with tourettes act would be tiresome even if he was producing great material. Which he isn't.

Last edited:

Make that "two people swayed." I've finally seen the error of my ways, and I will cling no longer. Morrissey's heartless decision to tour South America is the final straw.

I'm going back to Nick Cave.

Morrissey could learn a lot from the way Nick Cave manages his career. Cave releases an album, goes on a sell out tour for six months, goes home with his dosh, writes another album, works on a side project or two, rinse and repeat. The result is he is widely admired and critically lauded.

The idea Morrissey is incapable of that is not borne out by history. Mind you, Cave does have the advantage of having a truly stunning group of talented musicians to bounce off.

There are one or two here who would hate him regardless, but most who are called haters are actually pointing out the glaring inconsistencies of some of his recent statements and the simple idiocies in others. I've seen the ups and downs in his career. When he was criminally attacked by that piece of shit Steven Wells and the NME for draping himself in a Union Flag at Madstock and singing The National Front Disco. I remember when he was accused of flirting with right wing imagery by Siouxsie Sioux. The same Siouxsie Sioux who spent much of the mid to late seventies sucking off the Sex Pistols while dressed as a f***ing Nazi. That one.

There was a time when he could make a serious point in a witty and understated manner yet skewer his target completely. These days he seems so full of bile and vitriol he too often misses out both the facts and the point. I know I keep returning to it but the Norway thing was so bloody awful it should not be forgotten. It is one of the most hateful and insensitive things I have ever heard, and I've read Meine Kampf.

Most normal people have views they realise that perhaps they should not share in polite company. Morrissey no longer seems to have the ability to keep his own counsel, and his Oscar Wilde with tourettes act would be tiresome even if he was producing great material. Which he isn't.

Totaly agree the Norway comments where sick just like him

I posted some months back that the Norway mention was the only time in Morrissey's entire career I thought "That's too much..." And he openly apologised for it (rare for him). Nothing else has given me pause. Even though "sub-species" could've been worded more carefully, I knew what he meant.

There was a time when he could make a serious point in a witty and understated manner yet skewer his target completely. These days he seems so full of bile and vitriol he too often misses out both the facts and the point. I know I keep returning to it but the Norway thing was so bloody awful it should not be forgotten. It is one of the most hateful and insensitive things I have ever heard, and I've read Mein Kampf.

I posted some months back that the Norway mention was the only time in Morrissey's entire career I thought "That's too much..." And he openly apologised for it (rare for him). Nothing else has given me pause. Even though "sub-species" could've been worded more carefully, I knew what he meant.

I think he got away with the Chinese sub-species comment partly because there has been a Chinese scientific theory many decades old which states that very thing as a fact.

Norway was the last straw for me too, closely followed by the Queen in Ireland thing.

I am really surprised that people are as angry about this as they are! I guess that I gave Morrissey the benefit of the doubt that he didn't reschedule the missed US dates for a good reason. As I posted before there may have been logistical, financial and insurance reasons that the tour could not go on at this time. I am also assuming (of course I don't know) that he will come to US soon.

I think the real failing here was that this announcement of Mexico and South America dates was released without a proper explanation. There should have been a press release or statement from Morrissey stating that he regrets not being able to make up missed US dates at this time,etc........ He has a publicist, someone in his camp should have done a better job advising him. Morrissey himself really should have known that announcing his plans to tour South America with no mention of US would anger people. He should offer an explanation and reassure the fans that he will make up the dates when possible.

Don't hate Morrissey over this:) He'll be lighting up the stage in a city near you soon enough, you know you'll go and all will be right with the world again:thumb:

I made a symbolic breakthrough last night. I'm transferring all my hermetic androgyne studies and theories from Morrissey to James Taylor. It's all very clear now. God bless you and your travels to South America, Morrissey. Buenos Dias.

Morrissey could learn a lot from the way Nick Cave manages his career. Cave releases an album, goes on a sell out tour for six months, goes home with his dosh, writes another album, works on a side project or two, rinse and repeat. The result is he is widely admired and critically lauded.

The idea Morrissey is incapable of that is not borne out by history. Mind you, Cave does have the advantage of having a truly stunning group of talented musicians to bounce off.

I happen to agree with you Mr. Barleycorn (on quite a few things). Your input here isn't at all mindless, but it is a bit savage. Morrissey's Norway comments were beyond the pale and a painful career low: at least he had the good sense to apologize.

I discovered Nick Cave at the same time that I discovered The Smiths (in the early '80s): Morrissey and Nick were two of the sharpest knives in the Post-Punk drawer. Yes, the quality of Nick Cave's musical output has been fairly high over the last 30 years and he's had the good sense (and mental fortitude) to collaborate with talented, sophisticated, top-notch musicians. It has always been my feeling that Nick Cave is much higher-functioning than Morrissey in that regard; I never doubted that Nick would have a long life as a creative force. Morrissey, on the other hand, always seemed a bit hapless, his people skills not being up to the job of organizing and managing a band of equal players. Yes, Morrissey should take a page from Nick Cave's book and find creative, sophisticated musicians to collaborate with. His current band cooks live, but they won't push him or take him anywhere new.

An interesting note: I saw Nick Cave live the other night - the show was just fantastic. Nick prowled the stage like his old self; he looked great and he sounded even better. He's still got a sharp, clever tongue and (unlike Morrissey) he was able to dispatch a heckler in the middle of a song with some wicked, improvised lyrics. The new material sounded impressive and the current incarnation of the Bad Seeds (sans Nick Harvey ad Blixa Bargeld, sadly) were a musical force to be reckoned with. The crowd was on its feet the whole time, and afterwards there were tears in the wide-eyes of kids who weren't even born when Nick first began singing his ballads of murder and despair. I came away thinking "the old boy's still got it!"

Then I decided to check out what people were saying online. What did I discover? Bitter "original" fans who said that the show was awful, that Nick has sold out, that he's lost it because he's married to a model and his kids have a nanny. That he's just in it for the cash. His old fans know for a fact that Nick hasn't done anything of interest in the last decade, that he's a shadow of his former self, and that he's a sad, washed-up old has-been who should just leave the stage with what little dignity he has left. In short, Nick Cave's online fanbase is almost as bitter and disappointed as Morrissey's. Almost.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom