Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce interviews in The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anybody post something on the Internet and then post again, twice more, in the hope that it would seem that other people were responding to their initial post and agreeing with them. The Internet is a strange place.

Why would anybody post something on the Internet and then post again, twice more, in the hope that it would seem that other people were responding to their initial post and agreeing with them. The Internet is a strange place.
I don't know. But as far as I am concerned Andy Rourke is a dishonest, rude, parasite who has dragged Morrissey's good name through dirt and completely bastardised the legacy of The Smiths. It makes me feel sick.

I don't know. But as far as I am concerned Andy Rourke is a dishonest, rude, parasite who has dragged Morrissey's good name through dirt and completely bastardised the legacy of The Smiths. It makes me feel sick.

Perhaps so, but that's because you're stupid.

Well it's on the discography on his site and as these albums play a large part of this discography seems fair enough.
Look on the main page you will see an advert for "The Smiths" box set:
http://www.andyrourke.com

I hate the fact that after all these years Andy Rourke still makes money out of The Smiths. When Andy Rourke DJ's they call him "Andy Rourke of The Smiths". Morrissey can't stand him and Rourke has said some pretty nasty stuff about Moz over the years. I can't stand Andy Rourke, he makes me sick.

"Don't be trained."
Not quite sure what you mean by that. I used to to feel sorry for Andy Rourke, like a lot of people do. I used to even defend him. But I lost all respect for him when I saw him in person. Andy Rourke has caused a great deal of pain and unhappiness to many people. Morrissey is just one of those people. I'm on Morrissey's side! If you aren't a hipster in Rourke's scene in New York or a cool celeb, then he doesn't want to know you, it's all very shallow and immature stuff.

Not quite sure what you mean by that. I used to to feel sorry for Andy Rourke, like a lot of people do. I used to even defend him. But I lost all respect for him when I saw him in person. Andy Rourke has caused a great deal of pain and unhappiness to many people. Morrissey is just one of those people. I'm on Morrissey's side! If you aren't a hipster in Rourke's scene in New York or a cool celeb, then he doesn't want to know you, it's all very shallow and immature stuff.

I was quoting Morrissey, circa 1983/'84; you should follow his advice.

You "lost all respect" for Andy Rourke only because you think Morrissey doesn't like him. Try thinking for yourself, you clueless f***ing dolt.

I was quoting Morrissey, circa 1983/'84; you should follow his advice.

You "lost all respect" for Andy Rourke only because you think Morrissey doesn't like him. Try thinking for yourself, you clueless f***ing dolt.
I dislike Andy Rourke not just because Morrissey doesn't like him, but that is part of it of course. I also dislike Rourke because I met him and he was stuck-up and very rude. I think Andy Rourke is trying to look and act Liam Gallagher in the 1990s, which is a mistake. I've always found false people hard to deal with. This is a Morrissey site not an Andy Rourke site.

Smiths parasite Andy Rourke is promoting "The Smiths" box set and other Smiths albums on his new website. I guess he must be getting paid for this:
http://andyrourke.com/discography/
I had a look at Rourke's discography. The Adult Net, Badly Drawn Boy and Ian Brown are not there. This can't be Rourke's full discography. The band 'Freebass' have the Monarch butterfly on their album covers. The Monarch butterfly is to do with "MK Ultra", mind control, Monarch children and child abuse. This is weird stuff.

Johnny Marr worked with Billy Bragg. I think Andy Rourke did too.

I once saw Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke in a band called 'SpecteR Band' with Jason Specter, or something like that. They were terrible. Complete shite.

It was at a Smiths/Moz night called 'This night has opened my eyes' in NYC in May, 2001. Same year as 9/11 happened in New York.

This band did a set, although why the organisers invited them in the first place is beyond me. It would be really difficult to find a group of people who were more ANTI-Moz!!
The singer also came out with a snide between-song comment, aimed directly at the crowd. He said, " What's this we've been hearing about your mate then?"
By ' your mate' he obviously meant Mozzer. It went over the heads of the Americans who probably didn't pick up on it. But I heard it , and looked on as Rourke and Joyce sniggered and grinned like the morons they are.

Anyway, the DJ's came back on and it turned out to be a britpop night with a Smiths/Moz leaning. I would say about half the records played were Smiths/Moz.

The band stood around the rest of the night like superstars, smugness oozing out of every pore. They nearly put me off my beer. Nearly, but not quite.
Joyce even found his way onto the dancefloor, twirling about to a Blur song ('Country House' I think). A sickening bunch of chancers.

I once saw Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke in a band called 'SpecteR Band' with Jason Specter, or something like that. They were terrible. Complete shite.

It was at a Smiths/Moz night called 'This night has opened my eyes' in NYC in May, 2001. Same year as 9/11 happened in New York.

This band did a set, although why the organisers invited them in the first place is beyond me. It would be really difficult to find a group of people who were more ANTI-Moz!!
The singer also came out with a snide between-song comment, aimed directly at the crowd. He said, " What's this we've been hearing about your mate then?"
By ' your mate' he obviously meant Mozzer. It went over the heads of the Americans who probably didn't pick up on it. But I heard it , and looked on as Rourke and Joyce sniggered and grinned like the morons they are.

Anyway, the DJ's came back on and it turned out to be a Britpop night with a Smiths/Moz leaning. I would say about half the records played were Smiths/Moz.

The band stood around the rest of the night like superstars, smugness oozing out of every pore. They nearly put me off my beer. Nearly, but not quite.
Joyce even found his way onto the dancefloor, twirling about to a Blur song ('Country House' I think). A sickening bunch of chancers.
Here is a link to a You Tube video the band 'SpecteR' @ Don Hill's in New York to prove how shite it was:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdZB-YVKdNI

A stuck-up person is a person who thinks they're better than everyone else, except within their 'clique of friends'. Most often a stuck-up person is also really fake, they are also extremely conceited and can be arrogant.
This sadly is exactly what Andy Rourke is like, he is only nice around his 'clique of friends'. Andy Rourke is also immature as he acts like a teenager. Sadly some of his friends are exactly like him or worse.

A stuck-up person is a person who thinks they're better than everyone else, except within their 'clique of friends'. Most often a stuck-up person is also really fake, they are also extremely conceited and can be arrogant.
This sadly is exactly what Andy Rourke is like, he is only nice around his 'clique of friends'. Andy Rourke is also immature as he acts like a teenager. Sadly some of his friends are exactly like him or worse.

You write badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom