Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce interviews in The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the real genius of the guitar arranging was John Porter early on and Stephen Street a bit later.

The Magic comes from the combination of all of the players in the context of the culture at the time. Same with Stone Roses....or early Oasis

troll

You f*****s don't have mad skills like that. Brain dead conformists, miserable gits of the NME. Isn't it? And curse the banter from the fans, "fans" for all they've ever said,to you,yes you.Maladjusted. Forgive me for my absences. Didn't plan it. Sense the truth in these words. I Love Morrissey.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know...this gets me thinking. Why is Moz such a jerk? He treats former band mates like garbage - unless he can use them. He treats fans poorly - little to no appreciation (oh except for his rediculous notes on TTY), the industry that feeds him has had its hand bit so many times...former idols trashed - Bowie comes to mind.
This is a man in need of help...he gets it via his music, but really if he was the guy who sat in the cube next to you - you would cringe and avoid him. I wish that he had hung up the gloves after Vauxhall. Then reformed the smiths for 1 or 2 records. But you know what, more then that, I am just glad I did not spend a penny on his last 2 records. Utter garbage.

Well... you can confirm that Morrissey did not pay what was considered reasonable. That is a fact. But then Morrissey thinks the judge is the devil. But you would woundn't you if you had to sell you Jag to pay Joyce. Who wants to sell the Jag - LEATHER seats and all?

You misunderstood me: I was saying that Morrissey isn't one of the, "greatest recording artists ever." Aside from that, it should suffice to say that Morrissey (and Marr) treated Rourke, Joyce and Gannon very poorly. At least Marr coughed-up in the end. Morrissey, on the other hand, is a tool.

But you know what, more then that, I am just glad I did not spend a penny on his last 2 records.

Confession of an illegal downloader...

Oh please tell me why (I bet you can't).

Because the greatest recording artists ever are/were far better than Morrissey at doing the songs. They have done better songs and aren't dicks.

Because the greatest recording artists ever are/were far better than Morrissey at doing the songs. They have done better songs and aren't dicks.
Sorry Anonymous, I don't want to start a slanging match. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion but all you have done is restated it. That's fine. I think he's a great artist.

Sorry Anonymous, I don't want to start a slanging match. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion but all you have done is restated it. That's fine. I think he's a great artist.

C'mon, Morrissey isn't even one of the greatest pop-stars (let alone, 'artists') ever. He can't even draw.

"But I think we realised it was gilding the lily a bit"...LMAO! Is that an English expression or just something he said. Funny as hell.

You f*****s don't have mad skills like that. Brain dead conformists, miserable gits of the NME. Isn't it? And curse the banter from the fans, "fans" for all they've ever said,to you,yes you.Maladjusted. Forgive me for my absences. Didn't plan it. Sense the truth in these words. I Love Morrissey.

Very good. You've been missed

just to say that the interview printed bears no relation to the one that was actually recorded!

Damian (Mike's manager)

www.mikejoyce.com

LOL
Wow that must be a difficult job. Mike's manager!!! Considering his only "job" is living off The Smith's legacy. He hasn't worked a real job since, excluding some random DJ-ing and isolated fill-in at some weddings and debutante balls.
Might as well be the manager of a corpse.

[...]... , yet he sued them in court for being underpaid.[...]

And won. And that's the point. He proved his claim to a standard high enough to convince a court. I don't know Mike Joyce, but I do know I'd sue if I thought I was owed that significant sum too, and so would you. I think I am right in saying he is still owed money by one of the litigants. Who would like to hazard a guess at which one? Answers on a postcard to...

Time to get your head out if the party sized crisp packet and realise that Morrissey has repaid the sticky fingered Big Ears what was deemed. Years ago.

I thank you.

Yes, both Joyce and Rourke really kicked on after those days.
Proves without a doubt they were the talented players.

LOL
Wow that must be a difficult job. Mike's manager!!! Considering his only "job" is living off The Smith's legacy. He hasn't worked a real job since, excluding some random DJ-ing and isolated fill-in at some weddings and debutante balls.
Might as well be the manager of a corpse.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooolz

Yes, both Joyce and Rourke really kicked on after those days.
Proves without a doubt they were the talented players.

Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman haven't enjoyed great music careers outside the Stones (Wyman having left many years back) and yet were intrinsic to the success of the band, and Marr's career has hardly been a glittering success story since August 1987 either, has he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom