Ambitious Outsiders - The truth be told!

minimoz

Ambitious Outsiders? Solo Morrissey? Viva Morrissey.... 3 Names in as many days??.. I became a fan of this tribute band when they were under the name of Ambitious Outsiders... Now I see from myspace that 3 members of the band have left, the name has changed and the singer has made several accusations of former band members being disruptive and bad musicians one of whom replied to a blog in their defence and was quickly deleted!... I went to see the band gig several times and always found the guys to be approachable and friendly and willing to have a beer and a chat with us ordinary folk.. The band were musicaly very good which made up for a short, barely passable singer who in my own experience after getting to know the band was rude, arrogant and thought he was better than he was or is ever going to be.... Good luck to those musicians that have left and its a shame that you will not be playing together again as you were outstanding... to the singer also good luck...cos boy are you going to need it!! I wont be attending any future gigs!!

Last edited:
Re: Ambitious Outsiders/Solo Morrissey/Viva Morrissey???!!! The truth be told!

I have no idea about the rights and wrongs here but the fact that this is mini-moz's first post arouses an air of suspicion.

On what grounds my friend? I really feel strongly that from what I observed and in defense of the continual bad mouthing on Myspace the band deserves to be recognised for what they once were... a great bunch of musicians who sadly will not be performing together again! That perhaps both sides of the story should be allowed and not just the rantings of 1 person?

would be a real shame if they've split. they were flipping great. a name change would be a good idea tho. most people with a casual interest in Moz/Smith have never heard of the song Ambitious Outsiders.

:lbf::lbf::lbf:

would be a real shame if they've split. they were flipping great. a name change would be a good idea tho. most people with a casual interest in Moz/Smith have never heard of the song Ambitious Outsiders.

Yep, that was the reason for the name change - apparently people weren't getting the Moz angle clearly enough. Last I heard they were after a new drummer and bassist, but there were no plans to split up.

Lol...Ladies??!!! .. Well im mourning the passing of a great band as they stood as AO... They havent split just changed the name but im sure it'll be a while before they actualy get out and gig as they are now short another member...the bass player I believe... just gets my goat that the former members all get a kicking when as a bunch of people playing fantastic music they were one of the best tributes and just cant see them ever being that good again!

drama_queen-968.gif

Back
Top Bottom