all things punk/hardcore

shawnxvx

funemployment!
i know there are a handful of kids that are from this scene that come on here, so instead of getting other threads (*ahem*philly tour post) off the topic at hand, i figure this will work.

i'll start the thread with this flyer. my roommate was in the promise and when they toured europe someone made this flyer.
3324635368_3ec05b700a.jpg

When was a young little thing,maybe junior high school or so,I was a skater and would go to all the local hardcore shows.I think I saw TREE and Sam Black Church a million times.Well, last year I got to enjoy a night of heavy drink and a lot of laughs with the singer of TREE.It was a great night.

A distant cousin was in Deep Wound.

I back this thread.

Kids are shy as hell at Morrissey shows. I was trying to converse to a kid with a sweet Gorilla Biscuits shirt in Atlanta, and this cat give me a :confused: face. WTF ?!

We is from the same community's.

If you see some Mexican kid w/ og Bad Brain shirts at any Morrissey shows Shawn , say what's up big dawg. I'll treat with the veggie dogs.

I am and always have been a noise fan. Originally stuff like Siege, Repulsion, Napalm Death, Sore Throat, Extreme Noise Terror, Intense Degree - latterly Mortician, Nile, and still Napalm Death. Through them I got to hear about other bands such as Cryptic Slaughter, Wehrmacht (& Spazztic Blurr), Agnostic Front and Hirax who are still going strong. Personally I was in a few bands, most notably Beer Beast who appeared on the famous 1 in 12 compilations. I still love noisy stuff, but I like many other types too - this is just one of them.

Peter

Yep, I'm a punk kid. :)

Husker Du, Crass, Radical Dance Faction, Inner Terrestrials, Citizen Fish, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Adolescents, Minutemen, Conflict, Oi Polloi, Active Slaughter, Antischism, P.A.I.N., and then a lot of new obscure hardcore and crust.

US Hardcore was all I listened to from about the ages of 13 to 19 but I've somewhat lost track of the scene. I actually quite miss going to the shows; Indie and even Morrissey gigs can't really compete with the agression of a good HC show. I was a bit young to have seen Bold, Gorilla Biscuits, Chain of Strength et al, but some of the 2nd generation sXe bands like Ensign w. Reach The Sky, Snapcase, Vision of Disorder, xChampionx, Vision, earth Crisis, Strife...man those were the days.

Stampin' Ground...A local band that I must have seen a dozen times around that time, who did ok for themselves:

Last edited by a moderator:
...i was more suprized/pleased to see 'hull and ringside' on the flyer...!!!!!
Sure it will also rise a wry smile for Mozmal and other fellow Hull-ites thats view the forum!

Love old punk and oi. Even a bit of early hardcore, but hate anything to do with straight edge. Sorry if there's any of you here, but...:rolleyes:

In high school there was a big hardcore scene in my town. Bands like Dysphoria and XIII PFP (horncore) were the best. So many other bands came through our town and we really had some great shows back then.

I got into more hardcore as I got older, the bigger bands like Poison the Well, FATA, and Shai Hulud. But then other bands as time when on like MPB, Bloodlined Calligraphy, Sworn Enemy, and Shattered Realm. Good stuff. Still gets me going.

Also I really enjoyed The Wage of Sin. A great all female hardcore band featuring Rachel from MPB.

I back this thread.

Kids are shy as hell at Morrissey shows. I was trying to converse to a kid with a sweet Gorilla Biscuits shirt in Atlanta, and this cat give me a :confused: face. WTF ?!

We is from the same community's.

If you see some Mexican kid w/ og Bad Brain shirts at any Morrissey shows Shawn , say what's up big dawg. I'll treat with the veggie dogs.
haha i am most def one of those shy kids at moz shows...but if i see ya, i'll holla!

Love old punk and oi. Even a bit of early hardcore, but hate anything to do with straight edge. Sorry if there's any of you here, but...:rolleyes:
i've been sxe since i was 13, but i hate most sxe kids too! hah

i do like some oi!

wow. i didnt think anyone would mention this band. so good!

Yes! Sadly I was never able to see them live before they broke up. :(

Last New Years I met a guy who is very good friends with Rachel and actually toured with the Wage of Sin as their tech/merch guy/band bitch. He said it was so nice to tour with girls b/c the van didn't stink like dirty boy bo. hahahaha.

Yep, I'm a punk kid. :)

Husker Du, Crass, Radical Dance Faction, Inner Terrestrials, Citizen Fish, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Adolescents, Minutemen, Conflict, Oi Polloi, Active Slaughter, Antischism, P.A.I.N., and then a lot of new obscure hardcore and crust.

ah.... me loves me some Crass :love:

Yes! Sadly I was never able to see them live before they broke up. :(

Last New Years I met a guy who is very good friends with Rachel and actually toured with the Wage of Sin as their tech/merch guy/band bitch. He said it was so nice to tour with girls b/c the van didn't stink like dirty boy bo. hahahaha.

i wish i got to see them more than once.

so did you smoke and drink and do drugs before the age of 13?
i had a sip of sake and a sip of beer prob around the age of 12...gross and gross. hah

13 is when i found out about sxe/vegetarianism and decided to associate myself with those things.

I got into more hardcore as I got older, the bigger bands like Poison the Well, FATA, and Shai Hulud. But then other bands as time when on like MPB, Bloodlined Calligraphy, Sworn Enemy, and Shattered Realm. Good stuff. Still gets me going.

I think this was about the point when I kind of lost interest. Bands like Atreyu, Thursday, Sworn Enemy and most of the Victory Records lineup seemed to switch from actual hardcore to this kind of 80's metal thing with hardcore bits. Though it's possible my taste had just changed and I couldn't appreciate it anymore. :confused:

I think this was about the point when I kind of lost interest. Bands like Atreyu, Thursday, Sworn Enemy and most of the Victory Records lineup seemed to switch from actual hardcore to this kind of 80's metal thing with hardcore bits. Though it's possible my taste had just changed and I couldn't appreciate it anymore. :confused:

no, those bands are really bad...haha

I don't consider Atreyu hardcore. I never liked them anyway. And I certainly don't consider Thursday to be hardcore. I did like them a lot years ago though. I feel very out of touch with hardcore today. I do want to listen to some Alexisonfire though simply b/c Dallas Green is in the band. Are they even hardcore? haha

Back
Top Bottom