Alexa Chung wears The Smiths

rifke posted the photo in the Musical sweaters - £160 - including The Smiths thread:

39094_alexa-chung-2-vogue-27jun16-getty_b_426x639.jpg

How To Wear Vinyl Trousers - British Vogue
Alexa pairs her trusty vinyl trousers with Hunter boots and a slogan knit; a match made in Glastonbury heaven.

Last edited:
Isn't it strange. Are we supposed to feel validated when a celebrity mentions The Smiths or wears a t-shirt?

I think the real question here is:

1. Mimosa
2. Screwdriver
3. Plain OJ

Depends on the time of day I guess. :)

Ok, so?? She likes The Smiths just like everybody else here. It's interesting to know some famous people enjoy The Smiths/Morrissey, but its not exactly "news".

Isn't it strange. Are we supposed to feel validated when a celebrity mentions The Smiths or wears a t-shirt?

Well all Morrissey is celeb these days . Plus this woman has more about her that. Most thick Americans , who think they "Get" the smiths .
I'd rather she wear my top than 1000 crass indie kids

Last edited by a moderator:
she's a dream. and im glad she likes the smiths and all but the really important thing here is that i finally have an answer to my long stressed over question of whether or not only 50+ people can wear barbour jackets (i assume that's what it is)

I've wanted this jumper for ages, but it's sold out :(

Undernourished person who was on the TV about seven years ago wears t-shirt with the name of a band from the 80s on it. Dunno about anybody else, but I feel validated.

Undernourished person who was on the TV about seven years ago wears t-shirt with the name of a band from the 80s on it. Dunno about anybody else, but I feel validated.

Some girls are thinner than others. Live with that, because that doesn't mean malnutrition. Just genetics.

Some girls are thinner than others. Live with that, because that doesn't mean malnutrition. Just genetics.
which normally i would agree with, except that she is quite skeletal, whereas she didnt used to be. even karl lagerfeld, for whom one would think no one could ever be thin enough, asked her why she was so thin. in her own words:
‘I met Karl Lagerfield and he asked: “Why are you so thin?”
‘”Becuause I’m stressed” I said. He said: “What have you got to be stressed about? You’re an ‘It’ girl.” To which I replied: “remaining It.”’

which is basically the same as saying remaining "it" is more important than being healthy (both physically and emotionally). i dont blame her though. it's a trap. and she does look fantastic, malnourished or not.

which normally i would agree with, except that she is quite skeletal, whereas she didnt used to be. even karl lagerfeld, for whom one would think no one could ever be thin enough, asked her why she was so thin. in her own words:
‘I met Karl Lagerfield and he asked: “Why are you so thin?”
‘”Becuause I’m stressed” I said. He said: “What have you got to be stressed about? You’re an ‘It’ girl.” To which I replied: “remaining It.”’

which is basically the same as saying remaining "it" is more important than being healthy (both physically and emotionally). i dont blame her though. it's a trap. and she does look fantastic, malnourished or not.

I know what you mean, but sometimes you can't manage your body weight as easily as you would like to do. Stress and other conditions, without being serious illness, can make some people lose a lot of weight. It's not easy to avoid stressful situations in life, like a love loss, pressures at work, family matters, etc. I know it's not healthy, in the same way it's unhealthy when people gain weight overeating by the same stressful situations or other health conditions. What I find extremely unfair is that there is much more social tolerance towards people who gain weight unwillingly than for people who lose it in the same way. It's generally considered a serious discrimination making comments about obesity and weight gain, but most people blame a thin person for losing weight, they even insult them on their face for it, including recriminations, when they ignore what's happening into the mind, the spirit and the body of that person.
That bitch Karl Lagerfeld should use a mirror before making comments about other people.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm supposed to know who she is or is it just because she's cute?

I know what you mean, but sometimes you can't manage your body weight as easily as you would like to do. Stress and other conditions, without being serious illness, can make some people lose a lot of weight. It's not easy to avoid stressful situations in life, like a love loss, pressures at work, family matters, etc. I know it's not healthy, in the same way it's unhealthy when people gain weight overeating by the same stressful situations or other health conditions. What I find extremely unfair is that there is much more social tolerance towards people who gain weight unwillingly than for people who lose it in the same way. It's generally considered a serious discrimination making comments about obesity and weight gain, but most people blame a thin person for losing weight, they even insult them on their face for it, including recriminations, when they ignore what's hapening in the mind, the spirit and the body of that person.
That bitch Karl Lagerfeld should use a mirror before making comments about other people.
i think this is because being thin is socially sanctioned in a way that fat is not. being thin, even too thin, can still be desirable. note that people make positive comments about weight loss too, but not about weight gain. it's not because weight gain is socially acceptable. it's because it's too terrible to mention. weight loss doesnt make people uncomfortable or inspire pity in the same way that weight gain makes people uncomfortable and inspires pity. always, i think, the comments about weight loss are tinged with a little envy. i guess people think if the thin person doesnt like it they can just eat, and lucky them. whereas of course it's not that easy for a lot of people. alexa chung, however, i rather think enjoys being bone thin, and im sure that, karl lagerfeld aside, she has received her share of encouragement from the fashion industry for it.

and actually i took alexa's comment to mean not that the weight was just naturally dropping off of her from stress, but that she wasnt eating due to stress (she admitted too that she "forgets to eat"). how is that different from an anorexic who doesnt eat or "forgets to eat" because he/she is too "stressed" about gaining weight? and to get back to the post about her being undernourished, if youre not eating because you're stressed, and this has been going on for a long time, there's a good chance you're undernourished. but, on the other hand, fat people can be malnourished too if all they eat is junk.

also: that bitch karl lagerfeld :lbf: haha, i like karl though. and though he can def be a bitch, i think he meant it in a friendly/concerned way toward alexa.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom