Adrian Chiles' Morrissey meltdown

The second video is hilarious. How did Morrissey stand those people?

Just like he did with all the other.
Hey, only joking, maybe he learned a lot about dealing with those people.
Thanks a lot for the links! :thumb:

how did that guy ever get on television? he seems like a massive tool.

i cant help it though, i kinda feel bad for marty the science guy. he's so enthusiastic with his little science tidbits that he wants to share and here is morrissey looking like "can i go home now?" he should've just done the foot thing for harmless, good natured marty. (i have to admit though i do love when he says at 4:05 "you're the one laughing" :D)

how did that guy ever get on television? he seems like a massive tool.

i cant help it though, i kinda feel bad for marty the science guy. he's so enthusiastic with his little science tidbits that he wants to share and here is morrissey looking like "can i go home now?" he should've just done the foot thing for harmless, good natured marty. (i have to admit though i do love when he says at 4:05 "you're the one laughing" :D)

Maybe Morrrissey thought he was being mocked. First, the topic of unemployment, when everybody knows he was unemployed during his youth. Then, the historical architecture thing, when they showed the place where he grew and the horrible building that replaced it. Both things must have hurted his feelings. At last, the crazy science man who talked about things so stupid that he couldn't avoid to laugh of his own words. Come on, I would have escaped from there. What a torture for a sensitive soul to endure those people. The woman laughing of I don't know what and the man who seemed offended by the mere presence of Morrissey. AND that man remembers that show now, when he should be hiding his own shameful moments after all these years. Some British people are weird.

Maybe Morrrissey thought he was being mocked. First, the topic of unemployment, when everybody knows he was unemployed during his youth. Then, the historical architecture thing, when they showed the place where he grew and the horrible building that replaced it. Both things must have hurted his feelings. At last, the crazy science man who talked about things so stupid that he couldn't avoid to laugh of his own words. Come on, I would have escaped from there. What a torture for a sensitive soul to endure those people. The woman laughing of I don't know what and the man who seemed offended by the mere presence of Morrissey. AND that man remembers that show now, when he should be hiding his own shameful moments after all these years. Some British people are weird.
hmm that's a good point, it never occurred to me that the topics might be sensitive to him. it must have been annoying having to sit there through the unemployment bit listening to everyone else's opinions on it when he probably has his own strong opinions about it. it's kinda weird how they had him sit through the whole show-- not like an american talk show or morning show where they'll just do a segment with the star, rather than have the star unwittingly sit through all kinds of rubbish. i think the science guy was okay though. i mean he was a bit cheesey, but he was just being himself. i think it was kind of unfair how, because morrissey seemed to think the scienceguy bit was lame, the hosts were acting like it was too. i dont think it's a nice position to put scienceguy in.

and yeah, the guy was a total dolt in the beginning of the show, and here he's making it in retrospect sound like morrissey was just being difficult (i guess he thought it would amuse people to hear a story about morrissey being difficult, or something). i mean, morrissey was very polite "it's not morrissey, it's dwyer". how many times does he need to say it? and in the end the troglodyte STILL didnt get it right....oy.

hmm that's a good point, it never occurred to me that the topics might be sensitive to him. it must have been annoying having to sit there through the unemployment bit listening to everyone else's opinions on it when he probably has his own strong opinions about it. it's kinda weird how they had him sit through the whole show-- not like an american talk show or morning show where they'll just do a segment with the star, rather than have the star unwittingly sit through all kinds of rubbish. i think the science guy was okay though. i mean he was a bit cheesey, but he was just being himself. i think it was kind of unfair how, because morrissey seemed to think the scienceguy bit was lame, the hosts were acting like it was too. i dont think it's a nice position to put scienceguy in.

Maybe because the science guy seemed a comedian playing the part of a scientist and talked about non scientific matters in a non scientific way. That was lame.

Maybe because the science guy seemed a comedian playing the part of a scientist and talked about non scientific matters in a non scientific way. That was lame.
well i dont know, i mean, he means well, scienceguy. and i just think people who mean well deserve some patience, no matter how tedious they might be and no matter how big of a star they're sitting next to. i imagine the producers knew scienceguy's schtick before they invited him on the show (could be that he's a regular on the show?). as for christine bleakley, though, i think, for the most part, she couldnt have been lovelier.

and yeah, the guy was a total dolt in the beginning of the show, and here he's making it in retrospect sound like morrissey was just being difficult (i guess he thought it would amuse people to hear a story about morrissey being difficult, or something). i mean, morrissey was very polite "it's not morrissey, it's dwyer". how many times does he need to say it? and in the end the troglodyte STILL didnt get it right....oy.

Morrissey loves cheesy.

He didn't seem to learn any empathy during his poorer years. During that interview he has zero sympathy for people out of work. Easy for a millionaire to feel that way but I'm sure a lot of those millions come from fans who are barely making ends meet. His insensitivity towards the human race is staggeringly selfish.

6b60a619441f8dd64aa8df65ab2a4824e8a3f6c6.jpg

Some credit to Moz - in his noticeable effort to push YOR he ended up on prime time evening UK television. Not a huge regular occurrence!
Unfortunately, The One Show is not really the best example of a show that mixes news and guests. There are often 'cringe' moments with the presenters having jovial banter with guests to segue in to a harrowing world event story. I believe I saw a story on female genital mutilation sandwiched between celebrities and a brass band once (seriously).
The 'sofa guest' is often, throughout the show, asked to comment on the issues they fill the show with. I think he dealt with it well - the production crew are clearly laughing and enjoying him being droll in the studio.
I don't think the issue was with Moz - more the quality of the programme itself. Think local newspaper as opposed to broadsheet and that's it in a nutshell.
Regards,
FWD

Last edited:

I know Moz is sensitive but do you really think he was bothered and felt being mocked as if he would care?

It was a boring non-event compared to other TV interviews.
These people are not really interested in him and didn't ask anything relevant, not even about his new album YOR.
Boring. :sleeping:

He was there to get some attention for it and he was invited because he is a celebrity.
He knew it was just like that and he was just playing along as he didn't expect anything.
He has had some experience how to deal with it and I couldn't see he felt uncomfortable in any way.

Laughed when he said people can do something artistic rather than being obsessed about a job, so to diminish the importance of that dark cloud of unemployment that makes everybody depressed.

I know people might think it is easy to say so for him but at least he offered another opinion and possibility. :clap:

The reason Morrissey does very few live interviews is because he's not in control. He cannot control the output. Which is why his interviews are via e-mail and vetted, or copy-written and vetted. Morrissey likes to control everything. In live interviews he cannot.

At about 3 mins 40 in the first video a woman who appears to be being filmed at a Morrissey concert says "If I hadn't gotten into Morrissey, I don't think I'd be here today". Tickled me, anyway.

I know Moz is sensitive but do you really think he was bothered and felt being mocked as if he would care?

It was a boring non-event compared to other TV interviews.
These people are not really interested in him and didn't ask anything relevant, not even about his new album YOR.
Boring. :sleeping:

He was there to get some attention for it and he was invited because he is a celebrity.
He knew it was just like that and he was just playing along as he didn't expect anything.
He has had some experience how to deal with it and I couldn't see he felt uncomfortable in any way.

Laughed when he said people can do something artistic rather than being obsessed about a job, so to diminish the importance of that dark cloud of unemployment that makes everybody depressed.

I know people might think it is easy to say so for him but at least he offered another opinion and possibility. :clap:

Agree. His words about unemployment were the more hopeful of the show, and his career is an example of the existence of alternative ways to be productive and succesful without having a normal job. He said he actually didn't want a job. And that can be said of a lot of unemployed and employed people, because we are all different beings with different talents and tastes who are socially compelled to have a job to pay taxes, be quiet and don't disturb. If you are tired, you can't produce social change, you only want to rest.
Anyway, I do think he must have felt bad in old times when he was rejected in some jobs interviews. I wouldn't have touched that topic neither the destruction of his former home, where he nested nice family memories.

He didn't seem to learn any empathy during his poorer years. During that interview he has zero sympathy for people out of work. Easy for a millionaire to feel that way but I'm sure a lot of those millions come from fans who are barely making ends meet. His insensitivity towards the human race is staggeringly selfish.

Those fans are happy to go to his concerts and willingly pay that money. A lot of billions come forcedly from people who barely make ends meet and go to pay for corrupt politicians, arms to invade and bomb countries, making intelligence on common people, mercenary public forces, monarchy privileges, useless or lazy officials, perverts who touch people at airports, etc.

Shitsucker Biebs rated my comment off topic. What a mentally deficient skid mark he must be. I wonder does he dress up as his mama and try to recreate his own accidental conception?

Those two hosts were completely weird and if you don't know how to handle all guests, don't be a host.

He was no different here but Craig played with it, best interview ever.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom