About "& what's a suedehead, anyway ...?"

Cudweed

Guess most of you knows the song Suedehead. I was wondering what "suedehead" means; what it refers to. Is it slang of some sort? I have a guess, though ... but erh, I won't tell you ;) Cudweed

I thought it was partly in reference to the Richard Allen book 'Suedehead', & suedhead being an early sort of skinhead? (1970's)

I don't know what relevance the title has to the song though!

Well, that's also one of my problems regarding this song, but maybe because I tend to combine the promo video & the lyric. - And as you all may know there's no skinheads in Fairmount, Indiana, according to this video :rolleyes: But anyway, my guess was that the word "suedehead" was another expression for a skinhead.
I'll try to take a peek at this link above, & see what I'll find find out ... Cheers! Cudweed

Cudweed, have you ever scroll down this thread?

You'll find some earlier threads which relate to the subject.
I also would like to suggest you to use search function on top right if you have some questions about The Smiths/Morrissey's lyrics and other things bugging you before you post a thread. ;)

I've always referred to myself and others as Suedeheads. But in the nicest possible way. 'My fellow suedehead' meaning only -my fellow Morrissey lover. I believe it was Comtesse who coined us Mozzanites, so I've been using that 'pc' term more now :)

I've always referred to myself and others as Suedeheads. But in the nicest possible way. 'My fellow suedehead' meaning only -my fellow Morrissey lover. I believe it was Comtesse who coined us Mozzanites, so I've been using that 'pc' term more now :)

"Mozzanite" sounds a bit like we're some new type of fake diamond. Or it's a new drug... a very interesting one!

"Mozzanite" sounds a bit like we're some new type of fake diamond. Or it's a new drug... a very interesting one!

Ha! We all 'shine on as crazy diamonds' in the rough :)
The term kinda reminds me of those rocks and minerals we learned about in Earth Science: pyrite, celestite, amazonite, etc. Well, us Morrissey fans do ROCK.
BTW, can you believe the actual name of my Earth Science textbook was Crusty Problems. :D it was even funny back when...

Back
Top Bottom