Straight edging - What is that all about?

blue jag

Banned
No drink, drugs or fags.That's about all I know about it.Do they have fun? What do they do - crowd surf at Des O'Connor concerts?

No drink, drugs or fags.That's about all I know about it.Do they have fun? What do they do - crowd surf at Des O'Connor concerts?

I don't drink, take drugs or smoke, but it's because I have liver problems and I'm asthmatic (and think smoking is nasty), not because I'm Straight Edge. Though I did stand next to Ian MacKaye at a Kristeen Young concert once, so I got to breathe in some real Straight Edge air. :)

I don't drink, take drugs or smoke, but it's because I have liver problems and I'm asthmatic (and think smoking is nasty), not because I'm Straight Edge. Though I did stand next to Ian MacKaye at a Kristeen Young concert once, so I got to breathe in some real Straight Edge air. :)

Think how well they must all feel on New Years Day!

ian does like some real bad music doesn't he...;)

I'm straight edge and for me there are several reasons, some being political and some being personal.

The political are because I feel like the alcohol industries and the like are here to make us passive. I don't want to support industries that really could care less about us and are only here to exploit us and dumb us down. The people in power are rather fond of people who are too f***ed up and passive to actually do anything that could possible threaten the status quo. I feel I have more potential to accomplish things I want to accomplish somber than if I were too drunk to stand up or incapable of even speaking.

The personal is because I have a high level of addiction in my family and would rather not be a part of it. I want to be in control of my actions and I want to feel my emotions at all times. I want a clear mind. And it's just never been of interest to me.

I'm not here to judge anyone who isn't. As long as you aren't negatively effecting someone who doesn't want to be effected, then it's your thing.

I'm straight edge and for me there are several reasons, some being political and some being personal.

The political are because I feel like the alcohol industries and the like are here to make us passive. I don't want to support industries that really could care less about us and are only here to exploit us and dumb us down. The people in power are rather fond of people who are too f***ed up and passive to actually do anything that could possible threaten the status quo. I feel I have more potential to accomplish things I want to accomplish somber than if I were too drunk to stand up or incapable of even speaking.

The personal is because I have a high level of addiction in my family and would rather not be a part of it. I want to be in control of my actions and I want to feel my emotions at all times. I want a clear mind. And it's just never been of interest to me.

I'm not here to judge anyone who isn't. As long as you aren't negatively effecting someone who doesn't want to be effected, then it's your thing.

Cool! :thumb::thumb::):)

Moonshine?

Thanks! And to answer your other questions about fun. We're actually all a pretty somber group. We aren't allowed to laugh more than a few times a day. If we do, we must give ourselves a good flogging. Eye contact is almost always forbidden. When we go to shows, we're only allowed to stand around with our arms crossed and look angry. Crowd surfing is permitted only when there are No Crowd Surfing signs on the wall. But you have to make sure not to enjoy yourself when you do it...

Tags
ian macgaye
Back
Top Bottom