What is the easiest Smith song to play?

What format? CD? MP3? Just hit play. Just kidding.

I think "Headmaster's Ritual" is in Open G tuning and just requires some simple barre chords/strumming/chord positions.

There is a light that never goes out is pretty easy too. Capo at the 4th and then just open chords and F.

there is a light..so simple..it was one of my first songs i've learnt to play on guitar before i changed to the bass (right opinion:p)..

please please please let me get what I want, was the easiest for me.

there is a light..so simple..it was one of my first songs i've learnt to play on guitar before i changed to the bass (right opinion:p)..

Just thought I'd say I second this switching to bass idea - i've done the same :p
But yeah as for smiths songs I'd say hand in glove is pretty easy really and handsome devil is ok.

There is a light that never goes out is pretty easy too. Capo at the 4th and then just open chords and F.

Or play the F as Fmaj7 and then there are no barre chords at all in the whole song.

Using simple busker chords, you can play Ask and I Won't Share You with G, Am, C and D, which I think is as easy as it gets with Smiths songs. Although Ask has an Em hidden in the bridge. But that's easy too.

Peter

I agree with Please Please Please and There is A Light.

Still Ill can be played rather simply. And I Want the One I Can't Have is not very difficult either.

All can be played with basic chords.

Using simple busker chords, you can play Ask and I Won't Share You with G, Am, C and D, which I think is as easy as it gets with Smiths songs. Although Ask has an Em hidden in the bridge. But that's easy too.

Peter

You probably cant go wrong with those, esp Ask on memory.

Panic, only been at it a little while and found it quite simple its more or less G, Em, G, Em, C, D ...i think

I'm just starting out on guitar, got my first electric today :blushing:

What songs would you guys recommend trying, maybe some moz solo songs too...Merci

I agree with Please Please Please and There is A Light.

Still Ill can be played rather simply. And I Want the One I Can't Have is not very difficult either.

All can be played with basic chords.

To not play the lead riff to Still Ill would really do the song injustice.

I'm just starting out on guitar, got my first electric today :blushing:

What songs would you guys recommend trying, maybe some moz solo songs too...Merci

Check out smithsonguitar.blogspot.com for some videos on how to play certain songs. You will have to poke around to find songs that have easy parts to play. Much of the videos here are pretty advanced but still great to check out.

Also check youtube and search on a song you like and add in the word cover or lesson to the search box.

Morrissey songs are much more chord based than Smiths song but there are a lot of barre chords so if you aren't comfortable with those you might find them harder to learn that you were expecting.

For an easy song to learn, "I Know Very Well How I Got My Name".

Back
Top Bottom