The frink thread for ‘Mad Men’ US television drama series

cornelius blaze

Boychild mustn't tremble!
Full of good looking and well dressed men and women.

but my photobucket account is acting funky again...so help me post pictures people!:blushing:

Re: The Frink thread for ‘Mad Men’ The American television drama series.

Mad-Men-tv-90.jpg

Never actually seen the show, but I've only heard good things.

Best show on TV at the moment. And no I haven't "Lost" my mind.

Joan Holloway (Christine Hendricks) is the sexiest woman on "Mad Men" for a number of reasons. She's phenomenal. She occupies her own tier in the "Mad Men" universe.

But Betty (January Jones)...

betty_517x307.jpg

...has more potential. Oh yes. Fast forward to, oh, 1964 or thereabouts and we can better answer this gravely important question. :rolleyes:

mad-men_l.jpg

And for the dark horse of the lot, another question mark who could turn out to be an exclamation point:

Rachel Mencken (Maggie Siff)

rachel_lg.jpg

Best show on TV at the moment. And no I haven't "Lost" my mind.

And for the dark horse of the lot, another question mark who could turn out to be an exclamation point:

Rachel Mencken (Maggie Siff)

I do agree. You think they'll bring back Mrs. Katz (nee Mencken)? (It was Katz, wasn't it?)

I do agree. You think they'll bring back Mrs. Katz (nee Mencken)? (It was Katz, wasn't it?)

Could go either way. I'm thinking they won't, actually. There seems to be some big new direction the Don Draper story is going in, and I doubt it's going to include Rachael. I'm not sure, though. One thing I love about "Mad Men" is that I never know what to expect. Hard series to read.

Midge, the Greenwich Village chick, is done, though. She's out. Pretty sure about that. I think the question'll be how they develop Betty's character. I can just about see a future for Don and Betty if I squint hard enough. Following a visit from about six or seven more wrecking balls that oughtta be swinging through their home any minute now...it'll take some twists before it's done, of that I'm sure. :)

And who knows? Maybe Don and Peggy are destined for each other. I could see that, too.

The summer can't arrive fast enough!

I can't imagine what Betty's going to do with her "little problem." We will know right away, though, because don't they jump ahead about two years with each season? I watched all existing episodes over about four days, so I never had to wait.

I am rather interested in Betty's evolution, even though I find her type of beauty bland. Joan is more my type.

Yes, Midge is gone.

Don and Peggy? That could be interesting, but it's kind of obvious, isn't it?

Could go either way. I'm thinking they won't, actually. There seems to be some big new direction the Don Draper story is going in, and I doubt it's going to include Rachael. I'm not sure, though. One thing I love about "Mad Men" is that I never know what to expect. Hard series to read.

Midge, the Greenwich Village chick, is done, though. She's out. Pretty sure about that. I think the question'll be how they develop Betty's character. I can just about see a future for Don and Betty if I squint hard enough. Following a visit from about six or seven more wrecking balls that oughtta be swinging through their home any minute now...it'll take some twists before it's done, of that I'm sure. :)

And who knows? Maybe Don and Peggy are destined for each other. I could see that, too.

The summer can't arrive fast enough!

I can't imagine what Betty's going to do with her "little problem." We will know right away, though, because don't they jump ahead about two years with each season? I watched all existing episodes over about four days, so I never had to wait.

I am rather interested in Betty's evolution, even though I find her type of beauty bland. Joan is more my type.

Yes, Midge is gone.

Don and Peggy? That could be interesting, but it's kind of obvious, isn't it?

I think it's more obvious that they become friends and equals. Lovers would be something not as expected, in my opinion. I suspect "Mad Men" will end with them as good friends, sharing a special understanding. They'll fill their f*** quota elsewhere. :)

Agree that Betty's beauty is bland, but that's precisely what makes her a wild card. What is going to emerge from that head of hers? The writers have just scratched the surface of what she's capable of doing. Joan-- who I agree is by far the sexiest (and probably smartest, too, behind Peggy)-- is more or less who she's gonna be. With Betty you don't know what's lurking down beneath those placid expressions. January Jones deserves an Emmy for the way her wrist swivels when she smokes a cigarette (see kitchen photo, above).

What about the other guys? Any of them frinky?

What about the other guys? Any of them frinky?

I was so sad when they gave the TV scripts to Joan, then hired a guy instead. And she just took it. And then that fiancee of hers... she was supposed to quit the agency when she married, but I think they'll have her back, they couldn't have the show without her. I think she's going to go hard, she's so warm and has so much love and so much to offer and there is no outlet for it.

The show can't empower all these women, because it wasn't like that back then. I think Peggy will be the only one who wins, at obviously enormous cost. Peggy and Don as a couple would be entirely too 21st century.

The guys... uh. Sterling was a nice piece of candy. Harry Crane is kind of nice to look at, if bland. Campbell reminds me so much of a guy I worked with at my Glengarry Glen Ross job. Not attractive at all!

There's something very Twin Peaks about Helen Bishop (divorced neighbor.) Maybe something will happen with her?

The show can't empower all these women, because it wasn't like that back then. I think Peggy will be the only one who wins, at obviously enormous cost. Peggy and Don as a couple would be entirely too 21st century.

21st century, but maybe that's where the show is headed?

What about the pipe-smoking guy who published the short story? Didn't see that one coming.

Sterling was indeed a nice piece of candy. Believable as the predatory older man.

Campbell...you know, it was a hard day in my life when I realized that the character I most resembled on the show was probably Pete Campbell. Not that he's like me now, mind you. Rather, that's probably what I would've been like in 1960. Like Betty, I think he's a shadow of what he'll become. A lot of potential. If I were writing for "Mad Men" I'd be more excited about him and Betty than Don or Peggy.

There's something very Twin Peaks about Helen Bishop (divorced neighbor.) Maybe something will happen with her?

Too true! I love her chats with Betty.

Damn, all this talk of "Mad Men" makes me want to pour a glass of scotch and light twelve cigarettes at once. :rolleyes:

I've yet to miss an episode. I love it.

So where are the frinky pics of Jon Hamm?? I LOVE THIS SHOW! I can't wait until it is back on for another season! Did anyone catch him on 30 Rock when he played Liz Lemon's neighbor/love interest?

So where are the frinky pics of Jon Hamm?? I LOVE THIS SHOW! I can't wait until it is back on for another season! Did anyone catch him on 30 Rock when he played Liz Lemon's neighbor/love interest?

of course, i love that she broke up with him because he would not leave his "pretty person bubble" :D

yes, hilarious. :lbf:

Too Much Writting On A Frink Thread = EPIC FAIL! :rolleyes:

Also, more guys and less women plz... it is afterall Mad Men :thumb:

Thanks for reviving this thread, Corny. I read that shooting for Season 3 began this week, and it will air beginning in August. :D

A few weeks ago I had to rummage through many, many boxes of old books. I found this:

mADMAN.jpg

Makes me wonder if Matthew Weiner has ever seen it.

I love Mad Men so much.

Back
Top Bottom