the cocteau twins are goth,mr proper is a lame poser

R

REGAN is regan

you stupid person you say the cocteau twins are not goth thats the funniest thing i have ever herd,because now everyone who reads this will know what a lame little poser you are .its rather funny mr proper trys to be my friend ,he tells me you really amaze me then i laugh at his impy reply and he thinks he knows about goth music what a laugh,you know just because you spend 50 hours at a time on this site and have no life at all doesnt make you cool ,really id love to sharpen my boot as i blunt your eye.oh whats your fav song off the garland album proper or have you even herd of the cocteau twins,this comeing from a guy who say the cure have no talent oh but wait you must think the cure arent goth either ..........why do i waste my time with you big loser ,i just hope some one will read this and know proper is properley a poser who knows nothing of goth music ,p.s this isnt a wrestling chat room so spare us with your wwf gab i mean must i vomit all that much enough,die proper die,

> you stupid person you say the cocteau twins are not goth thats the
> funniest thing i have ever herd,because now everyone who reads this will
> know what a lame little poser you are .its rather funny mr proper trys to
> be my friend ,he tells me you really amaze me then i laugh at his impy
> reply and he thinks he knows about goth music what a laugh,you know just
> because you spend 50 hours at a time on this site and have no life at all
> doesnt make you cool ,really id love to sharpen my boot as i blunt your
> eye.oh whats your fav song off the garland album proper or have you even
> herd of the cocteau twins,this comeing from a guy who say the cure have no
> talent oh but wait you must think the cure arent goth either ..........why
> do i waste my time with you big loser ,i just hope some one will read this
> and know proper is properley a poser who knows nothing of goth music ,p.s
> this isnt a wrestling chat room so spare us with your wwf gab i mean must
> i vomit all that much enough,die proper die,

The Cocteau Twins are a good band, that's the only label I'm interested in.

I love Cocteau Twins...

.but they're absolutely definitely NOT goth band... maybe they could've unfortunately been labelled this at the start of their career, but definitely not after Treasure. In fact, they embraced the dance culture more and more toward the end, as Elizabeth has continued to (her never-released solo single 'Underwater' is 10 minutes of pure trance-techno heaven).

And I'm sure the band themselves would be horrified to be given such a dated, 80's tag. Are there REALLY still goths around in the year 2001?

Saw Elizabeth Fraser at the Massive Attack party here in Bristol on Saturday night, looking positively healthy and glowing, all short spikey hair and vest top - very trim and toned, laughing and joking with Damon Albarn and Massive Attack.

> The Cocteau Twins are a good band, that's the only label I'm interested
> in.

Tis time to dig out the legendary 'Snow' single

with that excellent cover of 'Frosty the Snowman'

> .but they're absolutely definitely NOT goth band... maybe they could've
> unfortunately been labelled this at the start of their career, but
> definitely not after Treasure. In fact, they embraced the dance culture
> more and more toward the end, as Elizabeth has continued to (her
> never-released solo single 'Underwater' is 10 minutes of pure
> trance-techno heaven).

> And I'm sure the band themselves would be horrified to be given such a
> dated, 80's tag. Are there REALLY still goths around in the year 2001?

> Saw Elizabeth Fraser at the Massive Attack party here in Bristol on
> Saturday night, looking positively healthy and glowing, all short spikey
> hair and vest top - very trim and toned, laughing and joking with Damon
> Albarn and Massive Attack.

Re: I love Cocteau Twins...

> .but they're absolutely definitely NOT goth band... maybe they could've
> unfortunately been labelled this at the start of their career, but
> definitely not after Treasure. In fact, they embraced the dance culture
> more and more toward the end, as Elizabeth has continued to (her
> never-released solo single 'Underwater' is 10 minutes of pure
> trance-techno heaven).

> And I'm sure the band themselves would be horrified to be given such a
> dated, 80's tag. Are there REALLY still goths around in the year 2001?

> Saw Elizabeth Fraser at the Massive Attack party here in Bristol on
> Saturday night, looking positively healthy and glowing, all short spikey
> hair and vest top - very trim and toned, laughing and joking with Damon
> Albarn and Massive Attack.
-------------------------are there really any goths you say ,and their not a goth band you say ,a 80s tag you say,i disagree with all 3 but thats the truth

Reagn,you have no clue do you? first off,I am not your friend,will never be your friend,so shut the hoolie ho up about that. Second off,ask ANY person who's really into "goth" music about the cocteau twins,they are not "goth". The Cure are ok,Nothing more. I never said they didn't have talent,I said they were just ok. They are not "goth" as you claim,even the people who visit this board know the cure are not "goth" that's like saying depeche mode,peter murphy,morrissey,and the psychedelic furs are "goth " too. They are not. So again,shut your pie hole snapper head. As for me being a "poser"? again,I am only a "poser" when I pose for those XXX pictures with your mom. Why wouldn't I? her stuff is mmm mmm delish. her butt is too tight though,makes me slip out too early. I do like her lips around my dolphin though,that's a treat in itself,just makes me cream my pants just thinking about it.

By the way,wasn't that discussion like a week or two ago? live in the now phuckstain. Don't re-hash things from the past. I don't talk about your mom and those baboons,so don't bring up things in the past. get a clue jack.off,it's this week,not two weeks ago.

Actually phuckknob,I really like the songs Blind dumb deaf and the hollow men. I think they are good. as for their newer stuff, I like the songs: feet like fins and seekers who are lovers off their album Otherness that was released around 1994-95? I am not too familiar with alot of their stuff,but they are not "goth" as you claim. I think they are a decent band. No Depeche mode,psychedelic furs,siouxie and the banshees, mozzer or the smiths,but they are ok. For the last time,The cure are ok,nothing more. Galore was absolutley horrible and should have never been released. the song "sorry wrong number" was and still is atrocious. Just my take.

What about a band like the plimsouls,the charlatans uk,bad religion,the pixies? those bands are great. I loved bauhaus,though I am familiar with alot of their stuff as well,I think peter murphy is very misunderstood. DEEP was his best album ever. the song(s) cut you up and marlene dietrich are great. you should check them out.

Regan, from reading your posts I guess you're pretty new to all this 'goth' stuff.

Check out Alien Sex Fiend, Sisters of Mercy, The Sisterhood, early Bauhaus, Sex Gang Children, Fields of the Nephilim, early Gene Loves Jezebel.

I agree, the first few Cocteaus albums were labelled 'goth' - but then they discovered Harold Budd, ambient and electronica. There's no way anything they released after Treasure could be labelled 'goth'. The band themselves would be mortified.....

> Damn it Mrs. Proper,

> Shut the hell up.

Re: I love Cocteau Twins...

> -------------------------are there really any goths you say ,and their not
> a goth band you say ,a 80s tag you say,i disagree with all 3 but thats the
> truth

Some people will say they are Goths in the same way some people think punk still exists (always cracks me up that one). Not many of these 'goths' have heard of Siouxsie & The Banshees, and most can be seen talking merrily and exchanging hugs and pleasantries, erm not the way that said person is suppose to act.

Back
Top Bottom