What are all of Morrissey's Re issues?

Ive_Ruined_It_All_UK

Exiled from UK to N.C.
Aside from the upcoming Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted, the only other reissue I know of, off hand, is Viva Hate (in 1997).

Have there been any other re issues of his studio albums (lets include Bona Drag)?

Also, If there havent been, just wondering why he chose to re issue Southpaw and Maladjusted rather than some of the earlier ones.

Cheers.

Meat Is Murder and Strangways was re-issued again in 08 on the WEA label.
I was searching the best buy site and it had those as 08 release import.
I ordered them and they are the England import. I don't know if they are any different from the others. MIM has lots of pictures.

They've all been re-issued with the exception of YATQ and Ringleader.

I was thinking in terms of reissues with signigicant changes to the original release. E.g. bonus tracks, B-sides added, more documentation added, remastered etc.

Are the re-issues you mention simply new pressings on a different label but exact same material?

Cheers.

I was thinking in terms of reissues with signigicant changes to the original release. E.g. bonus tracks, B-sides added, more documentation added, remastered etc.

Are the re-issues you mention simply new pressings on a different label but exact same material?

Cheers.

Yes. Same tracks, alternative label = re-issue.

I saw someone on the General Discussion list bemoan the fact that Kill Uncle had been alotted a new serial number in Canada or somewhere, with the stereotypical (and inappropriate) "reissue, repackage".

A re-issue in the most relative sense is when an album has added tracks, new artowrk, or is remastered. The Kill Uncle with the different serial number was not released as such to get people to buy it again.

Calling something a "reissue" is to infer that it is intended to be repurchased by those who already own a previous edition, because it has been given added value. This is what "Paint A Vulgar Picture" is loosely referring to.

Just because it has been given a new serial number, or has come out in a "nice price" value point does not mean it's a "reissue". Between black and white there lies a huge palette of greys.

I saw someone on the General Discussion list bemoan the fact that Kill Uncle had been alotted a new serial number in Canada or ...
Calling something a "reissue" is to infer that it is intended to be repurchased by those who already own a previous edition, because it has been given added value. This is what "Paint A Vulgar Picture" is loosely referring to.

QUOTE]

Exactly, this has been my experience. I haven't bought many CDs lately so went on Amazon to complete my Moz collection and had a hard time finding out which were really re-issues when the date of realease and Audio CD date are different (interestingly, UK site doesnt have the original release date details only an Audio CD date).

Although re-release may in simple terms be likened to a books 2nd or 3rd printing, in CD terms Ive found it comes to mean "released with more items over and above the original".

Maybe re-printing should be used in cases of "no extra stuff added". E.g. the original Maladusted is no longer available; maybe a re-printing of the original as well as the re-issue (with more goodies) is in order?

Back
Top Bottom