Turning Japanese

No Place Like Rome

Heard this song for the very first time yesterday and it's all over my head!
Anyone else like it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else like it?

You registered on a Morrissey forum to wish us happy St Patrick's Day and to tell us about this song? I'm sure there's better to come...

Peter

Bahaha.

We sang it for our school assembly when I was in 6th grade. Years later I found out that the song is actually about jerking off. Nice.

Neat! I just heard this Band and song, and feel the same way!

I wonder if it would be a big hit now,if it were re-released.
With a change of image of course.
It is quite a tune,maybe the lyrics might want up dating.
I wanna hold your ??????answers on a postcard.:D:D

You registered on a Morrissey forum to wish us happy St Patrick's Day and to tell us about this song? I'm sure there's better to come...

Peter
Thanks - a nice warm friendly welcome:rolleyes:
I have been coming on here for a few weeks, just watching what goes on and thought I'd wish Morrissey and Marr a happy St Paddies Day as my first post.

Bahaha.

We sang it for our school assembly when I was in 6th grade. Years later I found out that the song is actually about jerking off. Nice.
:eek::eek:

you just heard this yesterday? did you grow up Amish?
I apologise for not knowing every single song released in the history of the world. Do you?:crazy:

Anyone else like it?

Love this song. Wouldn't get away with it these days of course. It's supposedly about the face you make when ejaculating i.e. a bit slitty eyed. Not that my eyes do, of course:)

Was at my friends house and he had it on a compliation CD.

What compilation was this? I love that song, used to be obsessed with it! Had it on this compilation called Punk 'n' Wave, used to be my mothers.:o

Love this song. Wouldn't get away with it these days of course. It's supposedly about the face you make when ejaculating i.e. a bit slitty eyed. Not that my eyes do, of course:)

It's a nice theory, but an urban myth, and in fact totally untrue. I have an inteview with Dave Fenton somewhere where he explicitly denies it - you'll have to take my word for that until I can find it. In the meantime, have a look at Wikipedia.

Peter

It's a nice theory, but an urban myth, and in fact totally untrue. I have an inteview with Dave Fenton somewhere where he explicitly denies it - you'll have to take my word for that until I can find it. In the meantime, have a look at Wikipedia.

Peter

What?! This cannot be! I am now one piece of pub trivia down thanks to you.

Tell you what, let's just keep it between us, we'll let the urban myth prevail and i can still enlighten my friends about this song when it "comes" on the jukebox.

What?! This cannot be! I am now one piece of pub trivia down thanks to you.

Tell you what, let's just keep it between us, we'll let the urban myth prevail and i can still enlighten my friends about this song when it "comes" on the jukebox.

I can just imagine the following scene in the pub:

Question 8, Which 1979 song title was taken from the look on a man's face when ejeculating, in a way that makes him look Oriental?:laughing:

Jukebox Jury

Tags
ep is daft
Back
Top Bottom