Vic Reeves/ Jim Moir

T

Tingle

Hey, just found on the ‘Who’s who in the world of Morrissey’ section, that, apparently Vic Reeves, AKA Jim Moir appeared on ‘That’s Entertainment’. But the sleeve of the record I have (Sing your life) says simply “With thanks to JIM MOIR”. Now what other evidence do we have that Moz tolerated Vic Reeves? I believed Morrissey hated the ‘Morrissey, consumer monkey” thing that Vic & Bob did. What was going on? Was Morrissey fibbing in those interviews?

Or is it simply another Jim Moir?

Hello Tingle,

In the back of my Librarian's mind where I remember most things written down in print, I can remember Morrissey saying somewhere - most likely the NME that he liked Vic Reeves humour and that it's was the kind of humour that should be locked away in a tin or in the attic of a Victorian House. Something along those lines. I'm bound to have the clipping in a scrapbook at home, mind you the bedrooms a bit messy at the moment and I'll have to have a good hunt for it.

LOF

VIC REEVES SUNG PANIC AND SHEILA TAKE A BOW A THE START OF 'VIC REEVES BIG NIGHT OUT'
MORRISSEY THE CONSUMER MONKEY WAS HILARIOUS!
VIC AND BOB WERE FROM TESSIDE AND THATS WHY THEYRE FUNNY

Re: Spring-Heeled Jim

I remember somebody at the time commenting that Spring-Heeled Jim was a veiled comment on Vic/Jim...

Back
Top Bottom