Album sequencing (please don't give me crap about the spelling)

Mclenarr

was just listening to your arsenal and noticed that YTOFMF and S,YSD follow on from each other and i thought that that's not very good track sequencing ...the most frivlous song Moz has written, undoubtedly (against some stiff competition) and the most serious, possibly(against some stiff competition).

It reminds me a bit of TQID when F,MS was followed by IKIO and VIAT was followed by TIALTNGO!

Anyone else think any other albums song sequence was messy?

was just listening to your arsenal and noticed that YTOFMF and S,YSD follow on from each other and i thought that that's not very good track sequencing ...the most frivlous song Moz has written, undoubtedly (against some stiff competition) and the most serious, possibly(against some stiff competition).

It reminds me a bit of TQID when F,MS was followed by IKIO and VIAT was followed by TIALTNGO!

I agree with you on Your Arsenal, it doesn't feel like an album to me, the tracks are either in the wrong order or don't fit. It feels more like a compilation to me. I don't dig it as an album, perhaps as a record with some very good songs on it... if you know what I mean?

Although, I really like the track sequence on The Queen Is Dead. I think it works well, there is contrast...

I agree with you on Your Arsenal, it doesn't feel like an album to me, the tracks are either in the wrong order or don't fit. It feels more like a compilation to me. I don't dig it as an album, perhaps as a record with some very good songs on it... if you know what I mean?

Although, I really like the track sequence on The Queen Is Dead. I think it works well, there is contrast...

It' just that 1-2 punch that i think is out of place

I can't understand the high ranking this album get's everytime people are compairing the favourite moz-albums.. I don't find the lyrics or music very captivating. The presence of the mighty Seasick and the last three, emotionally packed songs save whatever there is to save.

I can't understand the high ranking this album get's everytime people are compairing the favourite moz-albums.. I don't find the lyrics or music very captivating. The presence of the mighty Seasick and the last three, emotionally packed songs save whatever there is to save.

National Front Disco? WE'LL LET YOU KNOW!?!? :eek:

I can't see how album sequencing matters that much. If an album is good and it has good songs, then it doesn't matter what order they're in to me. Concert order of songs does as its a live experience, and 3 slow songs in a row just wouldn't work.

I think the track sequencing of Your Arsenal is absolutely perfect. In terms of those ten songs, it is one of the few times he has got an album order absolutely right! Fatty into Seasick (like Frankly, Mr. Shankly before I Know it's Over) works so well precisely because of the massive contrast between them. :)

I like that "rollercoaster" feel that QiD and Your Arsenal have. I think it's just as valid an arranagement as the smoother, one-leads-into-another arrangement of something like Vauxhall.

I was listening to QiD the other day and realised how glad I was to have Vicar in a Tutu, because to have Cemetry Gates, then Bigmouth, then Boy with the Thorn, THEN There Is a Light would have been an overwhelming amount of genius! Vicar gives you a bit of a respite. ;)

I think the track sequencing of Your Arsenal is absolutely perfect. In terms of those ten songs, it is one of the few times he has got an album order absolutely right! Fatty into Seasick (like Frankly, Mr. Shankly before I Know it's Over) works so well precisely because of the massive contrast between them. :)

Oh yeah, FMS and IKIO is like that! I think it works with your e.g but for some reason not on YA. Might be 'cause of the averageness of Fatty! wheras FMS is irrisistable.

I always thought the Beatles should have put Yellow sub just before TMK!! For that contrast!

Tags
ban kids
Back
Top Bottom