Michael Jackson speculation thread

Flax

Michael Jackson to make 'announcement' in London

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Michael Jackson may soon return to the stage, at least for a "special announcement."

The pop star has scheduled a news conference Thursday at London's O2 arena, the same venue where Prince sold out 21 nights in 2006, according to London's Outside Organisation.

Although the short statement announcing Jackson's news conference did not reveal any details, Britain's Sky News reported Wednesday that the 50-year-old King of Pop has agreed to a series of summer concerts at the O2.

Rumors have circulated for years about a possible Jackson concert comeback, just as speculation has abounded about his physical and financial health.

Jackson's reclusive lifestyle -- and a photo last year of him being pushed in a wheelchair -- created a fertile ground for health rumors.

When a London tabloid reported in in December that Jackson was battling a potentially fatal disease that required a life-saving lung transplant, his publicist responded that he was "in fine health" and that the story was "a total fabrication."

Jackson's recent financial troubles in the past year have included the near-foreclosure of his Neverland Ranch in California, which he later sold.

What do you think he's gonna talk about?

If he's giving the press conference at the O2 I'd think it's gonna be about some gigs there.
But then with Jacko I suppose you never know :p.

Just keep telling yourself that technical players lack feeling.

So, is nobody else excited about Michael Jackson's upcoming return?

Well, I certainly am. To the point that I'm willing to spend £75 on the ticket. Although I very much agree is an insult to the loyal fans who have supported him all these years, but I just can't miss out on what is looking like it will be his last show ever.

When the name Michael Jackson is mentioned, people seem to completely forget what a talented and amazing singer and entertainer he is, and somehow most people only manage to remember the stupidness from the last decade or so. But I remember growing up in the late '80s/early '90s when MJ was the biggest star on the planet. More than that, I still have all of the solo albums and a Jackson 5/Jacksons “best of”, and I still play them every once in a while. While I'm not much of a fan of everything from Dangerous onwards (although they all had their strong points), absolutely nobody can deny the brilliance of Off the Wall, Thriller and, to a lesser extent, Bad, as well as nearly everything from the J5. The prospect of seeing Michael Jackson singing Thriller, Smooth Criminal, Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough and Billie Jean live is worth the £75 alone. My only worry is that he'll end up lip-syncing. With everything that's been going on with him in the last few years, I really wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, but I'm hoping that he'll prove all the naysayers wrong and deliver the performance of his life.

So, is anybody else excited? Surely I can't be the only person on this forum who's a fan of the undisputed “King of Pop”, right?

Re: So, is nobody else excited about Michael Jackson's upcoming return?

Well, I certainly am. To the point that I'm willing to spend £75 on the ticket. Although I very much agree is an insult to the loyal fans who have supported him all these years, but I just can't miss out on what is looking like it will be his last show ever.

When the name Michael Jackson is mentioned, people seem to completely forget what a talented and amazing singer and entertainer he is, and somehow most people only manage to remember the stupidness from the last decade or so. But I remember growing up in the late '80s/early '90s when MJ was the biggest star on the planet. More than that, I still have all of the solo albums and a Jackson 5/Jacksons “best of”, and I still play them every once in a while. While I'm not much of a fan of everything from Dangerous onwards (although they all had their strong points), absolutely nobody can deny the brilliance of Off the Wall, Thriller and, to a lesser extent, Bad, as well as nearly everything from the J5. The prospect of seeing Michael Jackson singing Thriller, Smooth Criminal, Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough and Billie Jean live is worth the £75 alone. My only worry is that he'll end up lip-syncing. With everything that's been going on with him in the last few years, I really wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, but I'm hoping that he'll prove all the naysayers wrong and deliver the performance of his life.

So, is anybody else excited? Surely I can't be the only person on this forum who's a fan of the undisputed “King of Pop”, right?

no. I saw him in I think 94 and I loved it, but even then he was failing. I get he needs to do this for money but I reckon its going to be utter crap.
I have no time for him at all now. He disgusts me.

The ONLY Michael Jackson I like.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/opguPNjs2yw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/opguPNjs2yw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I might. Blame it on the boogie, if you will.

If he's touring for the cash, who cares? He's been vilified by the public, courtesy of the media, so if the man can make a few bob and make his fans happy at the same time, no-one is getting hurt. He made some really cracking songs for 20 odd years.

Better than living out the rest of his life in financial misery. It's not like he's whoring himself a la Madonna. Who, by the way, should just fek off.

Back
Top Bottom