imelda-may.jpg

2ext276.jpg

LMK-00398140085.jpg

ImeldaMay-01-big.jpg

52663_2.jpg

imelda_may_001.jpg

going to see the lovely imelda, tonight, I am:guitar:

Hi Guys,

I cant take the Love Tattoo CD of the stereo its brilliant, any sugestions of similar CD to keep the vibe going ?????????????

Cheers

Graham

Hi Guys,

I cant take the Love Tattoo CD of the stereo its brilliant, any sugestions of similar CD to keep the vibe going ?????????????

Cheers

Graham

Very good!:) Well done on finding Imelda May! You couldn't really go wrong with some Darrel Higham, who also happens to be her husband!:p If you find anything by him, try that. If not, Polecats or The Stray Cats or some old rockabilly/skiffle. Gene Vincent perhaps? Actually, she was very influenced by Billie Holiday (as you can hear in the music and see from her dress/hair sense on the cover of No Turning Back which she released under her maiden name, Imelda Clabby.... yuck, I know!:p), so her too... the jazzy stuff, if you're in a good mood, but her bluesy stuff is wonderful!:D

Meteor awards tomorrow!:D I hope everyone voted for Imelda May!

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Graham

hi, used to listen to joe turner, kind of swing/rockabilly, gene vincent, jonny burnnet, 50's american jive kinda music, loads of bands still around, must get imelda's cd sounds grt, love boom boom!!

did you get to meet her then neverplayed???

ive been here, lurking,watching and taking notes!! glad you got to meet her. bit late but happy paddys day for yestday!

ive been here, lurking,watching and taking notes!! glad you got to meet her. bit late but happy paddys day for yestday!

Ah, good!;) Yes, I have a picture somewhere... might put it up someday.

Ah, good!;) Yes, I have a picture somewhere... might put it up someday.

'somewhere' bet its in pride of place!! get it posted!!

im kind of in limbo at mo, waiting for may moz gig, loving refusal, need new single. usa gigs lookin good. going to a rockabilly alldayer in few weeks time, should be fun, see some old faces im sure!!? xxx

'somewhere' bet its in pride of place!! get it posted!!

im kind of in limbo at mo, waiting for may moz gig, loving refusal, need new single. usa gigs lookin good. going to a rockabilly alldayer in few weeks time, should be fun, see some old faces im sure!!? xxx

Haha, no, no, on my phone somewhere, taken on the phone!:p I'll post it!

Oh, good, tell us how that goes!:D

Tags
imelda may
Back
Top Bottom