Would you still like Morrissey if he was a paedophile?

Maverick

Maverick
I would like to start by saying this is a real debate, ok - not a salacious controversy seeking thread.

Imagine if Morrissey was revealed to be a Paedo (Gary Glitter style) - could you still listen to his music? I actually know an older guy who was a big GG fan - he even had a Tattoo of Gary's face on his arm. He worshipped him in the 1970's, but when it was revealed he was a paedo, he got rid of all his records and even had the tat removed (courtesy of the NHS, due to the nature of the tattoo and the anxiety it was causing him).

Music is music. For instance, why was milli vanilli's grammy taken away when they were only slightly less involved than your typical britney spears or boy band. People loved the music, then when they found out it wasn't them singing, they hated it? Same with people who hated Nirvana after kurt's death. It's silly. . . Nothing could make me hate Morrissey as a person, and certainly nothing would make me hate his music.
________
ios games

Last edited:
i know this thread has been done before.

do people really think about this alot???

I haven't been on here that long. It wasn't something i thought about before, but the conversation i had with the aforementioned bloke i know got me thinking. I don't think i could listen to his music anymore - i'd be too ashamed. I don't have any Mozzer tattoo's, but i may draw the line at getting rid of all his music - i just couldn't do it. I'd probably just box it all up and stick it in the attic.

Mind you, the racist allegations didn't bother me.

Music is music. For instance, why was milli vanilli's grammy taken away when they were only slightly less involved than your typical britney spears or boy band. People loved the music, then when they found out it wasn't them singing, they hated it? Same with people who hated Nirvana after kurt's death. It's silly. . . Nothing could make me hate Morrissey as a person, and certainly nothing would make me hate his music.

I agree with you on both the Milli Vanilli & Nirvana points (although i don't think MV deserved the Grammy anymore, i can't see why people stopped liking them).

But as for nothing could make you hate him as a person - what, not even if he had raped & abused dozens of children, Glitter-style?

dont you think this thread is scraping the barrell a bit...trying to find out how perverse your moz devotion is.....leave it out.

kellz.jpg

oh no you didn't!

No, because I would see his lyrics in a whole new light.
Right off the top of my head..This Charming Man..eek

The answer would be a resounding "no"

However I would have no problem selling off my CDs and Singles instead of throwing them out.

Tags
morrissey pedophile
Back
Top Bottom