Anyone heard of the "Go Betweens's"?

B

Brutalful

I saw The Go Betweens tonight...bored the @#!!!e out of me...to tired tonight for an accoustic guitar jam.....but they said "This is a new song" and the crowd cheered...and...then they covered a Catatonia song. I didnt get it.

Hi Brutalful

I know the Go-Betweens. They come from Australia (my home). I think REM took them on tour. They are much loved by the critics here but have never really connected with a huge number of fans.

> I saw The Go Betweens tonight...bored the @#!!! e out of¿ me...to tired tonight for an accoustic guitar jam.....but they¿ said "This is a new song" and the crowd¿ cheered...and...then they covered a Catatonia song. I didnt get¿ it.

I know of the Go Betweens. One of their members, Grant McLennan, did a side project with Steve Kilbey of The Church called Jack Frost, which is actually pretty good. The second album, Snow Job, is definitely worth checking out.

yeah

The Go-Betweens guy (Forster) was interviewed on the local campus radio station a few days ago. He's a very good talker. The interviewer played GB stuff and solo stuff and I liked the solo stuff better. GB sounds a bit bland. Too many oboes. A lot of people idolize them, though.¿ I saw The Go Betweens tonight...bored the @#!!! e out of¿ me...to tired tonight for an accoustic guitar jam.....but they¿ said "This is a new song" and the crowd¿ cheered...and...then they covered a Catatonia song. I didnt get¿ it.

Back
Top Bottom