Pixies

Damn Straight. There have not been many albums better than Doolittle. They're all good (Surfer Rosa a close second). Oh yes.

Peter

Damn Straight. There have not been many albums better than Doolittle. They're all good (Surfer Rosa a close second). Oh yes.

Peter

Yeah Doolittle is class.

love em, have seen em live and think Frank Black is a true hero :)
also, who doesnt adore a female bass player like
51kimdeal.jpg

Kim Deal :)

Oh yes.

A great great band

I used to be a massive nirvana fan, thinking they were the be-all and end-all of grunge.
Then I found the Pixies. Haven't touched a Nirvana album since.

I love 'The Happening' especially the end refrain
'I was driving doing nothing on the shores of great salt lake,
when they put it on the air I put it in the hammer lane.....' :guitar:

I love 'The Happening' especially the end refrain
'I was driving doing nothing on the shores of great salt lake,
when they put it on the air I put it in the hammer lane.....' :guitar:

This is such a great song. That bit you've singled out: <3

Prepare to have your eardrums and retinas (retinae?) scarred for life, as we have...

No - I'm being unfair. He does a surprisingly good job.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Fan here! love the band. one of the greatest gigs ive been to was the pixies at manchester 2005. shame they won't do another tour together...:(

Seen them on one of their 4 sold-out shows at the Susquehanna (formerly Tweeter Center) in Camden, NJ a few years ago. It rocked.

I love their realism in their style not only through themselves but, through their music.

Velouria is my favorite track.

I really recommend watching loudQuietloud- a documentary about the pixies latest reforming.

Man that band had issues!

Wish I could have seen them live :(

First year they I went to Leeds festival they played. But I didn't go the day they were on.

Doolittle - Second best album of 1989.:cool:

They are an easy band to love even if you just skim over them, but when you listen properly, they're easily obsessed over.

Back
Top Bottom