Weird things people say to you about Moz.

I feel competitive with American fans usually, but I get on with most British Moz fans I meet though.
It just annoys me that she likes Moz because, I hate her, she'd never heard of the Moz before me and it's annoying when people treat something you love as just another trend. She's one of those who's only heard the Smiths, early Moz (Viva Hate etc), and You Are the Quarry on wards.
WOMEN!
dude, brother, i can safely say i know better, than most here, exactly what you mean
it took years for me to go from hating my exwife for trying to steal moz from me to only annoyed and now i really dont care
so you are halfway there :guitar:
now, back on task
this one is from early 2008:
my uncle said to me:
"You really still listen to that guy? He's my age you know..."

dude, brother, i can safely say i know better, than most here, exactly what you mean
it took years for me to go from hating my exwife for trying to steal moz from me to only annoyed and now i really dont care
so you are halfway there :guitar:
now, back on task
this one is from early 2008:
my uncle said to me:
"You really still listen to that guy? He's my age you know..."

My current girlfriend is just the best. Been with her for over a year. She's seen Moz twice, but doesn't claim to be some huge Morrissey fan when she isn't, and just leaves the Morrissey worship up to me. She's coming with me on the 23rd May in Manchester actually.

One of the weirdest things I've heard is from my Uncle Lee: "Morrissey. No, you want U2, best band ever." That was very strange, yet really laughable.

My current girlfriend is just the best. Been with her for over a year. She's seen Moz twice, but doesn't claim to be some huge Morrissey fan when she isn't, and just leaves the Morrissey worship up to me. She's coming with me on the 23rd May in Manchester actually.

One of the weirdest things I've heard is from my Uncle Lee: "Morrissey. No, you want U2, best band ever." That was very strange, yet really laughable.

hey, u2 was great when i was 12 :cool:

hey, u2 was great when i was 12

I can't say I've ever been a U2 fan.
The first band I was into were Madness when I was three (obviously I didn't understand the lyrics, I just loved the music and the silly imagery). They're my dad's favourite band, along with the Jam, and my mums mum (me nan) had a Madness videotape for some reason, and I used to watch it nearly every time I went round. I still have that video to this day.

"I like the guy and his music, but damn you play it so much that I hate his guts"

Why do you say "women" if you think of your ex-girlfriend? Not all are like her. In fact there are many with whom I have nothing in common whatsoever - apart from genitales, but even those are my very own and not theirs.
i think he was being funny
but i gotta say that well, and i a bit ashamed to admit this :o
but i do tend to let my prior relationships with women cloud all of new ones i am currently enduring/longing for/being stalked by :eek:
i think a lot of men are like this, but are afraid to admit it :cool:

I've asked her but she wasn't keen.
Same here :cool: though I'm going with my brother - he does like Morrissey (but a healthy amount:rolleyes:).

Well, I originally bought tickets for a friend and I, but the gig is the day of our final deadline and so my friend decided she wanted to stay in Cardiff and go out that night instead. When I told my mum, thinking I'd have to sell the tickets, she offered to come with me.

We're gonna spend a few days in a hotel, make a proper mini-break of it - she's well excited, bless her :)

My mum's coming to the Albert Hall gig with me!

Yeah, I'm so cool that I can't even get anyone else to come with me :cool:

Don't feel bad... I am taking my dad with me to the El Paso show.... When I asked him to come with me.... he said "Morris who???? and then said oh God your still not listening to that guy, what is he like a hundred years old?

Were you too young before they started to play those very expensive stadium gigs? I was lucky enough to catch them for one concert before that. Well, wasn't one of the best concerts i went to, to be honest. Stadium, even crap back then.

Their song "Our house" was one of my favourite songs in the 80s. Even though I wonder if it has any hidden meaning that I was and not aware. :rolleyes: I studied lyrics much more then than I do now because at the time they were my only exposure to the English language and the only incentive to actually learn it.

Why do you say "women" if you think of your ex-girlfriend? Not all are like her. In fact there are many with whom I have nothing in common whatsoever - apart from genitales, but even those are my very own and not theirs.

As Robby said, I was being funny.

I didn't intend to make you or anyone else laugh you f***ing idiot.

Last edited:
Okay, last night I was showing my friend Maggie some photos of Moz at Smiths gigs like rolling around on the floor, curled up in a ball, laying across the speakers, etc. and she was like "WHY WOULD ANYONE EVER THINK ANY OF THIS IS A GOOD IDEA? THAT IS A TERRIBLE IDEA."

Okay, last night I was showing my friend Maggie some photos of Moz at Smiths gigs like rolling around on the floor, curled up in a ball, laying across the speakers, etc. and she was like "WHY WOULD ANYONE EVER THINK ANY OF THIS IS A GOOD IDEA? THAT IS A TERRIBLE IDEA."

The picture of Davey Havok was a much worse idea

My mum's boyfriend said 'Of course he is miserable havent you heard last of the gang to die?' :confused:

A friend of mine also said he didnt like Morrissey because nobody will remember him in 10 years!

Back
Top Bottom