Weird things people say to you about Moz.

One of my friends loves to imitate his dancing. I mentioned a tour and just got the look like you need help. Only told my co-workers about 1 concert.

my mom's got a huge crush on morrissey

i like you`re mom,she has excellent taste :D
the other day my best friend asked me how old morrissey is ,and i said 49 and she laugh and she said:morrissey is not 49,he`s 60, he`s lying :mad:

Not really strange but kinda took me by surprise. My dad last night was talking to me about Moz lyrics, mentioning how prolific his song writing is and how he has taken a liking to Little Man, What Now. I need to keep him away from the internet.

Ummm pretty much all my housemates loathe (does that word have an "e"? :confused:) him with a passion, so I won't regale you with all that they say about him.

My parents like First of the Gang to Die, so always demand to listen to "Hector".

Best of all was my housemate from last year. I was heading upto London for the ill-fated Friday Roundhouse gig, and I said: "I'm off to London tomorrow to see the second coming!"
She didn't know what the phrase "second coming" meant, and then when I explained it to her, she got confused and thought I was talking literally, and started asking me if it was all officially documented that he was the second coming of Christ :D

The first time that I was lucky enough to stand near that front at a Morrissey gig, I was talking to some colleagues about what an intense experience it was and how wild and passionate the fans around me were. One of my colleagues told me that he thought that the fans at a Morrissey concert would all stand around looking at the floor and not say or do anything. He seemed to be being serious.

Ahead of the Roundhouse gigs last year I asked my boss for the time off. She was fine about it, and asked what I was planning on doing. I responded saying I was going to see Morrissey, to which she said (in a silent office with about 30 people in) "Isn't that the guy who takes his shirt off and grown men try to get on stage to hug him?" That was a tad embarrassing. :o

Ahead of the Roundhouse gigs last year I asked my boss for the time off. She was fine about it, and asked what I was planning on doing. I responded saying I was going to see Morrissey, to which she said (in a silent office with about 30 people in) "Isn't that the guy who takes his shirt off and grown men try to get on stage to hug him?" That was a tad embarrassing. :o

Hahaha, your boss was well informed about Morrissey. :D

A girl from Manchester told me: "Everyone in Manchester hates Morrissey."

A boy from Manchester told me: "Everyone in Manchester loves Morrissey."

I met a girl from Manchester on a cruise and she said (about Morrissey), "He's not popular anymore."

An English guy I worked with for a time asked, "Has he come out of the closet yet?"

"Morrissey?? Is that a he or a she?" - My dad

"He looks like a grandad" - My sister

"Oh yes the guy that used to be skinny but let himself go" - A friend

"He has weird teeth" - Another friend.

Morrissey equals gay to most people that are not fans.
Weird because when you mention Elton John or George Micheal the first remark (usually) isn't about them being gay and they ARE openly gay.
Morrissey isn't flamboyant to me so not sure how these people that have NO idea about him .

Totally agree. I'm so sick of people saying isn't he gay! Who the hell cares! What does that have to do with him being a singer.

Morrissey is "nearly as good as Daniel O'Donnell" according to my cleaner. :D

All of these comments made me laugh, but this one made me giggle madly for about two minutes. :D

My friend says that he is 'lemon party old'. :sick: (You seriously do not want to know)

All of these comments made me laugh, but this one made me giggle madly for about two minutes. :D

My friend says that he is 'lemon party old'. :sick: (You seriously do not want to know)

I thought Morrissey might like to use that as a promotional slogan, but as all royalties would be due to someone called Joyce, I think it might put him off a bit.

Oh, I already know. I've had words with Dad about inviting his mates over and borrowing my camcorder. He promises it won't happen again.

I thought Morrissey might like to use that as a promotional slogan, but as all royalties would be due to someone called Joyce, I think it might put him off a bit.

Oh, I already know. I've had words with Dad about inviting his mates over and borrowing my camcorder. He promises it won't happen again.

:eek: Don't bring back those awful memories. Give us the brain bleach, will you?

I get a lot of 'is he gay?'s like >70% of the people here as well. :rolleyes:

A number of conversations between my father and I have been along the lines of......

"he's that druggie isn't he?"

"No, that's Jim Morrison"

"Oh right, you mean the Irish bloke"

"That's Van Morrison"

And so forth and so forth.....

Ha - sounds like my Dad. When I mentioned I was going to see Morrissey in concert he said, "Isn't he dead?" Turns out he had 'im confused with Jim Morrison.

That's a great phrase! Go on, I do want to know!

My friend says "I do like Morrissey's songs, I just can't stand his singing voice..." I asked her what was he favourite song that she knew of, and she told me it was 'The Devil Makes Work for Idle Hands' :rolleyes:

My mum is the same age as Moz, and every time she sees him on telly she says 'He's old, isn't he? What age is he?' and gets a bit flustered when I tell her. :D

It's alright actually, I just looked it up on Urban Dictionary. :eek::eek::eek:

Back
Top Bottom