The Cardigans/Nina Persson/A Camp

Maurice E

Anyone heard Nina's new 'A Camp' thing?
I thought the last album was fantastic. Possibly the best thing she's ever done.
The Cardigans were a great band, at least theoretically, but never really reached their full potential.

Here are their 10 best songs;
For what it's worth (I love you)
Carnival
Blah blah blah
Sick and tired
Daddy's car
Nasty sunny beam
Favourite game
If this is communication
You're the storm
Suits me very fine

It's brilliant! The adorable Nina Persson hasn't done a single bad thing in her life! ;)

Ah yes. I have a bit of a thing for the gorgeous Miss Persson too. She is also something of a Moz fan which is always a fine quality in a woman! Asked which song described her best, she said 'Wide to Receive'.
The last two Cardigans albums weren't great but the sublime 'For What It's Worth' could be one of my own personal, favourite, all-time songs (of all time).

It's brilliant! The adorable Nina Persson hasn't done a single bad thing in her life! ;)

well, once she acted in a film [om gud vill 2006]- and it wasn't to successful :)

but you're right. know that I've listened to "colonia" I can see the lyrical brightness in her voice. And Nathan Larson plays [I think] a huge role in the music itself. The first single "stronger than Jesus" can sound quite ordinary, but when one has heard the chorus more than once; you fall in love with it.
The best thing with A Camp, is Nina Perssons personal space - she can allow herself a musical freedom.
In the cardigans - she was the "front-man", but not so dominant as in this solo-works of her.
None of you probably heard Ninas first Solo-work, the album "A Camp" -
now that is a great sound.

and she do love Morrissey :)

Here are their 10 best songs;
For what it's worth (I love you)
Carnival
Blah blah blah
Sick and tired
Daddy's car
Nasty sunny beam
Favourite game
If this is communication
You're the storm
Suits me very fine

please, do let me rate mine: :)

1 Erase & Rewind
2 And then you kissed me
3 If there is a Chance
4 Rise & Shine
5 For what Its worth
6 Step on me
7 Godspell
8 Sick & Tired
9 Celia Inside
10 never recover

None of you probably heard Ninas first Solo-work, the album "A Camp" -now that is a great sound.
Of course I did, sometimes I'm still humming in the bathroom, "I'm a frequent flyer, a notorious liar..." :D
There's so much beauty and melancholy in her voice.

nina-a wonderful woman;)
she did the my city my life for cnn in malmö
http://edition.cnn.com/CNNI/Programs/mycity_mylife/
for some reason i can only see the ads but not the show itself on the cnn site
but not the show but you can catch it as long as in the month january
(luckily i have catched it on tv earlier this month)
EDIT : ITS UP ON YOUTUBE
http://de.youtube.com/results?search_query=nina+persson+cnn+my+city+my+life&search_type=&aq=f
also:
i have watched boys dont cry for the repeated time and i like that song nina persson sang in there(and chloe in the film did sing a cover of it, which she did wonderfully and when the credits roll you hear miss person singing the song

the bluest eyes in texas

Last edited by a moderator:
heard Nina's new single on Radio 2 last night (Radcliffe/Maconie).
was pretty impressed. looking forward to the album which I think comes out on Feb 2nd...

Back
Top Bottom