The f*** My Life Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 6305
  • Start date
I have a seriously evil hangover and can't walk properly.:(FML

And another time. 30 pieces of silver. :tears: Hang in there, no pun inteded but that is kinda funny. :o Also, realize that everyone loves you, so it makes it easier to have a good time.

Top Ramen sucks balls. :mad:

I was visiting an out-of-town friend and he began boiling up a pot of ramen on the stove while we were catching up. He then went on to plug in the waffle maker which I assumed was for something unrelated. I was taken completely by surprise when he mixed the cooked ramen noodles with sesame oil and dropped them on the heated waffle iron. They sizzled for a while and when he deemed they were done he took the "waffle," cut it in half, plated the halves and poured maple syrup and sesame seeds on each piece, offering me one. The most surprising part ... it was actually kind of good. Much like a pan-fried noodle. But I think it would have gone better under a nice stir-fry. It occurs to me I now have a waffle maker of my own. Perhaps I'll give it a try.

Ben Williams

Austin, Texas

My own favorite experience with ramen began when my teenage son, out fishing with a group of family and friends near our cabin, called to ask me if he could bring home a trout he caught but unintentionally killed at a nearby lake, which happened to be a catch-and-release-only lake. The all-teenage group on the other end of the phone clearly wanted to show off and eat their catch. I said sure, but I knew we had nothing in our meager stores at the time (no flour, no breadcrumbs, etc.) to use to prepare the fish. When they got home we decided to have some fun to see how creative we could be with what we had to prepare a batter. I pulled out a couple of packets of ramen (those that had not been nibbled on by the mice), opened one, and after fashioning a mortar and pestle with available utensils, began to grind the noodles into a flour, or I should say into a chunky flourlike compound. I had some bad beer so we added a little of that to make it pasty enough to stick on the fish, and oh yeah, the flavor packets (chicken flavor I believe), we of course had to throw that in too for the proper seasoning. We dipped the rainbow fillets in the homemade batter, grilled them, and they were delicious! Even the doubters I think were impressed. Ramen: the duct tape of fast food.

Tom Ciaglo

Louisville, Colo.

I lived in Tokyo and can't describe how good the ramen there is and how much I miss it here, since the only restaurant that made it in Philly has closed. I like to make kimchi ramen. I buy fresh kimchi from the Korean supermarket and a product called kimchi moto or kimchi base (although it is not in fact used in making kimchi). I break an egg into the boiling water along with the noodles and add the kimchi base to the regular "Oriental" ramen flavor packet in the bowl. Place the fresh kimchi, a little pork or ham, and some scallions on top when it's done. It comes out pretty close to what I used to get in Japan.

Joe Hughes

Philadelphia

Head. Brick wall. Bang. :tears: Same shit, different week. FML.

My old boss once told me that when he was in college he cooked ramen, dumped out the liquid and stirred it together with mayonaisse. I went :sick: but later when I was unemployed, had no money at all and no promise of getting any for several days and only a few things in the cupboard with an angry tyrant to feed, I tried it and it tasted pretty good. :o

I just googled my ex from 10 years ago :o.
I discovered she's a rugby player now (!), and quite good at it too. Also, she's training a junior rugby team. Considering her fiery temper and sharp tongue, I would give a lot to see her in action!
(Honey, if you read this give me a call. I promise I'll take it :o)

Nothing has changed. FML.

OK, I woke up this morning with a sore throat and a painful muscle spasm in my lower back. On top of that my legs are sore from working out. Now I'm just tired. FML

So you know how directors of "reality" shows take the non-actors aside and tell them to say something that'll make the plot more interesting? I kinda feel like there's an invisiable force doing that to me in real life so I get mad and want to punch these invisible forces faces, but that's exactly what it wants to make the story more interesting. FML

Also I sound like a totally f***ing crazy woman when I talk about this shit and I'm not. FML

Ugh, have you ever had a friend suddenly mail you that you're a bad friend, and you're completely surprised (well, not completely; I already thought she didn't come to my birthday for other reasons than 'being busy') and oblivious to why?

I really want her to go die in a corner right now just for sending me a shitty email and making me feel f***ing awful. :)

So you know how directors of "reality" shows take the non-actors aside and tell them to say something that'll make the plot more interesting? I kinda feel like there's an invisiable force doing that to me in real life so I get mad and want to punch these invisible forces faces, but that's exactly what it wants to make the story more interesting. FML

Also I sound like a totally f***ing crazy woman when I talk about this shit and I'm not. FML
You aren't crazy. I feel the same way. FML

Signs say that one of Morrissey's past times is being a computer programmer? :confused:

Seriously doubt it. :mad:

My signs are feeding me a line of shit. FML

I mean I'm not saying he couldn't, I just think I'm seeing what I want to see.

Tags
*pole dansa bikehumpa bordwalk empire doggie style fanny freeze i like moaning lol ha! loserville pepper balls real talk robby 4 mod robby appeases robby rocks robbygod scott=sad shawnhaspenis small bike sodeepinside spicy crotch suicide talk
Back
Top Bottom