What's your favourite 'Birthday' song?

What is your favourite birthday song?

• Happy birthday to ya (Wonder)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It’s not your birthday any more (SP Morrissey)

• Happy birthday (trad arr)

• Total voters
Little is what you know then..

Actually, I do know a fair amount. I'm just trying to wind up the Nugzster!
They were clearly fantastic musicians and wonderful songwriters. But I don't like the sound of Lennon's voice - always found it quite thin and distant. And I think a lot of the lyrics are clichéd (although some were great).
But the main problem is probably overfamiliarity - if I were to hear their oeuvre for the first time today, I'd be hugely impressed.
I'm open minded about McCartney's solo stuff. Thought one of his recent singles (My Ever Present Past) was fantastic. Great fuzzy guitar lines, some lovely vocal melodies, and a pleasing nostalgic lyric.
Also, 'Wonderful Christmas Time' is at least three zillion times better than the dire, grating 'Happy Christmas (war is over)'!

They were clearly fantastic musicians and wonderful songwriters. But I don't like the sound of Lennon's voice - always found it quite thin and distant. And I think a lot of the lyrics are clichéd (although some were great).
But the main problem is probably overfamiliarity - if I were to hear their oeuvre for the first time today, I'd be hugely impressed.
I'm open minded about McCartney's solo stuff. Thought one of his recent singles (My Ever Present Past) was fantastic. Great fuzzy guitar lines, some lovely vocal melodies, and a pleasing nostalgic lyric.
Also, 'Wonderful Christmas Time' is at least three zillion times better than the dire, grating 'Happy Christmas (war is over)'!

oh no no no. are you kidding??? "wonderful christmas time" is HORRIBLE!!! "Happy Christmas" is lovely.

Maurice, you said t yourself, I am always right. and I am right on this one too. :cool::p

oh and besides, you still shouldve added it to the poll IMO, b/c the poll wasnt about YOUR fav, its about OUR fav. so there! :D

Fair enough, I prefer Lennons voice,though McCartney sings Birthday..

oh no no no. are you kidding??? "wonderful christmas time" is HORRIBLE!!! "Happy Christmas" is lovely.
Maurice, you said t yourself, I am always right. and I am right on this one too. :cool::p
oh and besides, you still shouldve added it to the poll IMO, b/c the poll wasnt about YOUR fav, its about OUR fav. so there! :D

You sure ain't right this time, dude!
Wonderful Christmas Time is cool. It's jaunty, synthy and, err, Christmassy! Happy Christmas (please let this song soon be over) is just ghastly.

Yes, I would've added the Beatles song if I'd only heard of the flipping thing.
I've just Googled the lyrics (below) and frankly, I hope the music is better than the words!

You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too, yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.

Yes we're going to a party party

I would like you to dance (Birthday)
Take a cha-cha-cha-chance (Birthday)
Dance

Dance

Well it's my birthday too, yeah
Happy birthday to you.

Wonderful Christmas Time is cool. It's jaunty, synthy and, err, Christmassy! Happy Christmas (please let this song soon be over) is just ghastly.

I've just Googled the lyrics (below) and frankly, I hope the music is better than the words!

Happy birthday to you.

Dance

Dance

Well it's my birthday too, yeah
Happy birthday to you.

It's pretty lame for a Beatles song...Hehe..

You've never heard it?!? Hell, I'd heard it as a kid before I even knew it was by The Beatles! I think the animatronic characters at Billy Bob's Pizza (is that what it was called?) sang it.

Happy birthday to you.