Live At The Hollywood Bowl DVD

Re: MORRISSEY Live At The Hollywood Bowl DVD out 6th October (UK)

For a Morrissey Solo thread, there hasnt been enough moaning about this, on this thread.

Allow me to rectify.

As any fule know, my birthday is on the 5th and this comes out on the 6th and therefore no one will be able to buy it for my birthday.

Tut, typical Moz always thinking of himself not his fans.

i would cancel my subscription if I had one.

Stuart, you or your friend can pre-order it from HMV, Amazon etc.
They will deliver before 6th October. ;)

Last edited:

I quite like the cover. It has a nice classic Sixties look to it, the muted golden wash, semi-obscured view of the singer singing into the spotlight. I like the diagonal symmetry of the spotlight top left and the little flare beneath his shoe, as well as the edge lighting of his profle. Has that Frank, late night, one more on the road kinda vibe. And the hand. The Cabaret font is sweet.
But I remember that when he wore that stunning ivory outfit on the night, thinking to myself 'he's only wearing that for the DVD cover'. He removed the jacket pretty swiftly, it must have been pretty hot, so I'm quite disappointed that the jacket isn't featuredon this artwork.
I was expecting something along the lines of this :

wow can't wait. wonder what bonus stuff will be on it. maybe the recent promo videos & hopefully more live footage. dvd "bonus goodies" can be truly disappointing.

Stuart, you or your friend can pre-order it from HMV, Amazon etc it.
They will deliver before 6th October. ;)

Thanks Kewpie, thats what I love about you. Never problems only solutions.

wow can't wait. wonder what bonus stuff will be on it. maybe the recent promo videos & hopefully more live footage. dvd "bonus goodies" can be truly disappointing.

No, there isn't going to be any bonus on this. This is an off-label release for Morrissey, Warner don't own the rights to his recent promo videos. As for more live material, they would have had to record another show, and as far as I know, this is the only one they filmed.

Stephane

No, there isn't going to be any bonus on this. This is an off-label release for Morrissey, Warner don't own the rights to his recent promo videos. As for more live material, they would have had to record another show, and as far as I know, this is the only one they filmed.

Stephane

I thought I remembered some people who attended the Bowl show saying that they had been taped by the Warner crew giving a message to Morrissey or something, kind of like what happened at the filming of the 'Introducing Morrissey' concerts.
Am I mis-remembering ?:confused:
That's the only possible supplemental material that might be included, perhaps as an 'easter egg' ?

Just got this great news about the DVD!
Can't wait, have worn out "Who put the M in Manchester" !

I actually would like an audio rip more than a DVD. SO I have something for the iPod.

Morrissey hates this DVD and say's don't buy it...

If Morrissey says not to buy it I think that I might have to buy 2 copies :tears:

If you look on the main page he is getting a real slating in the comments section as lots of people seem fed up with being dictated to! Some very valid comments really as he is quickly disappearing into diva-dom and losing touch with his fans. A bit sad really as a few years ago it seemed that we were all in it together but his recent success seems to have gone to his head a bit.

If he has to keep issuing statements via TTY I'd rather hear other news such as a tracklisting for the new album or news about the long awaited Southpaw reissue. I'm not bothered with his petty legal disputes and being told what to do/buy/eat etc etc.....

If Morrissey says not to buy it I think that I might have to buy 2 copies :tears:

If you look on the main page he is getting a real slating in the comments section as lots of people seem fed up with being dictated to! Some very valid comments really as he is quickly disappearing into diva-dom and losing touch with his fans. A bit sad really as a few years ago it seemed that we were all in it together but his recent success seems to have gone to his head a bit.

If he has to keep issuing statements via TTY I'd rather hear other news such as a tracklisting for the new album or news about the long awaited Southpaw reissue. I'm not bothered with his petty legal disputes and being told what to do/buy/eat etc etc.....

I don't think looking on the main page of this site gives you a fair idea of the feelings involved. It's generally inhabited by trolls. Most people there jumped on the royalties comment as if it was all he said and therefore proof that he is money obsessed whereas if you read the statement in full that is not his main reason for objecting.

Best just to take these comments from Morrissey with a pinch of salt and laugh about them. It doesn't prove he is a diva, he just had a tendency to put into the public arena what most artists probably just moan about in private. It's all a bit silly but no big deal.

Get the 2-cd edition of the recent "Greatest Hits". It's about half that concert in audio.

Stephane

I ummm... found that thanks to a friend.

A complete show would be nice though and I know I may have to wait but I will eventually find that as well.

Play.com says the 15/9/08 for release.

http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?sea...that, not that I'm going to buy it of course.

Perhaps I'm being a right idiot here... but just looked at the tracklisting on Play and there's no I Just Want To See The Boy Happy...now, didn't he play that? I'm sure it's on bonus disc of GH introduced by Julia's incredibly annoying voice. Why would they cut it out of DVD?

Again forgive me if I'm being a bit dumb, very little sleep!

Perhaps I'm being a right idiot here... but just looked at the tracklisting on Play and there's no I Just Want To See The Boy Happy...now, didn't he play that? I'm sure it's on bonus disc of GH introduced by Julia's incredibly annoying voice. Why would they cut it out of DVD?

Again forgive me if I'm being a bit dumb, very little sleep!
When the 'Moz comments on Bowl DVD' story was first posted on the main page one of the many comments was purportedly from the producer of the DVD (user name 'mc_muzzle') and he said that there are actually 23 tracks on the disc and 'I Just Want To See The Boy Happy' is definitely on there, along with an alternate angle cut of 'That's How People Grow Up', as well as an easter egg...
Believe, don't believe ? You decide.

Back
Top Bottom