This bloke is selling some top stuff

Dave2006

I've no idea who this seller is (I've never bought anything from them) but over the last day or so they have listed some tasty stuff

Seller - http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/graham9217

Hightlights include:
Japanese promo cassette copy southpaw grammar on RCA BMG Victor mint!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MORRISSEY-SMI...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

French There's a Light
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Smiths-Th...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

HULMERIST AND THE MALADY LINGERS ON - USA sealed laser disc
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MORRISSEY-SMI...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

The seller says they are selling off their 20 year collection.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I used to have a Japanese promo cassette of Your Arsenal.
It didn't occur to me that it'd become a collectible item.

I managed to win the auction for that Japanese Southpaw Grammar promo cassette, for £19. Bargain in my eyes.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I managed to win the auction for that Japanese Southpaw Grammar promo cassette, for £19. Bargain in my eyes.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I got the Japanese Suedehead promo. I paid £50 for it - which I think was very high, but I fell into a trap of bidding against myself!!!!

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=260343523023

The next highest bidder was only £40.02. But when I bid £44.44 it said I was the highest bidder but had not reached the reserve. I thought I'd up my bid to avoid a last minute outbid, and, becaused my second bid reached the reserve it automatically made that my bid.

Surely ebay should have left my bid at just £1 above the next highest person, then, if no one lese bid, the item would have gone unsold as it hadn't reached its reserve and I could have negotiated a price with the seller.

Still, I had a premium bond win of £50 on Friday, so it has only cost me the postage :)

I got the Japanese Suedehead promo. I paid £50 for it - which I think was very high, but I fell into a trap of bidding against myself!!!!

The next highest bidder was only £40.02. But when I bid £44.44 it said I was the highest bidder but had not reached the reserve. I thought I'd up my bid to avoid a last minute outbid, and, becaused my second bid reached the reserve it automatically made that my bid.

Surely ebay should have left my bid at just £1 above the next highest person, then, if no one lese bid, the item would have gone unsold as it hadn't reached its reserve and I could have negotiated a price with the seller.

Still, I had a premium bond win of £50 on Friday, so it has only cost me the postage :)

I bidded on those 10" promos he had, but I just knew they were gonna go for high prices and I spent £80 in Manchester on Smiths/Morrissey records that day, so I just didn't bother and got the cassette instead. Put a high bid in of £30, but no one else mustve bidded for it as I got it for £19 as I said before.

Nice one on winning the Suedehead promo.

I bidded on those 10" promos he had, but I just knew they were gonna go for high prices and I spent £80 in Manchester on Smiths/Morrissey records that day, so I just didn't bother and got the cassette instead. Put a high bid in of £30, but no one else mustve bidded for it as I got it for £19 as I said before.

Nice one on winning the Suedehead promo.

I was chuffed to get the 10" 'We Hate It when Our Friends....' . I have been after this for ages and ages which explains why I went a lot higher than I meant to:guitar::guitar:

Only one more HMV special label to get now :cool:

I was chuffed to get the 10" 'We Hate It when Our Friends....' . I have been after this for ages and ages which explains why I went a lot higher than I meant to:guitar::guitar:

Only one more HMV special label to get now :cool:

you must have some money you:eek: and to think i got all them for nothing:p

How did you manage to get them all for nothing?

back in 98/99 a club i was working the door at, midweek there was an indie/rock night. anyway i got on with the dj and he knew i was into morrissey and he gave me quite a number of promo cds/vinyls for nothing as he'd had them himself at home for while and morrissey wasn't exactly hot property on the dance floor then. the thing was, i didn't really want them as i had all the songs on the original sinlgle/album. i just ended up taking them and looked happy. they ended up in the attic for ages:o

back in 98/99 a club i was working the door at, midweek there was an indie/rock night. anyway i got on with the dj and he knew i was into morrissey and he gave me quite a number of promo cds/vinyls for nothing as he'd had them himself at home for while and morrissey wasn't exactly hot property on the dance floor then. the thing was, i didn't really want them as i had all the songs on the original sinlgle/album. i just ended up taking them and looked happy. they ended up in the attic for ages:o

You jammy sod!

Which releases did you sell? I'm guessing it was all good stuff?
You are a jammy sod. I've spent hundreds on my collection to get it where it is, and I'm still collecting. I certainly don't have any of those limited edition HMV promos.
I was bidding on the 'Tomorrow' purple vinyl 12" yesterday. Put in a high bid of £45. The guy who won got it for £46. I'm well gutted, but the auction ended at 2am and I was in bed!

Which releases did you sell? I'm guessing it was all good stuff?
You are a jammy sod. I've spent hundreds on my collection to get it where it is, and I'm still collecting. I certainly don't have any of those limited edition HMV promos.
I was bidding on the 'Tomorrow' purple vinyl 12" yesterday. Put in a high bid of £45. The guy who won got it for £46. I'm well gutted, but the auction ended at 2am and I was in bed!

i listed a bit on here last jan. over 160 itmes in total, including the 5 retro promos you mention plus the 2 "top in pops". i never ever owned the "certain people i know" promo though. i think when i listed some smiths records on here it was under the title 43x smiths 12"s or summat similar. since then and i've just flogged off pretty much everything, a lot to people on here;)

That's not what happened. The reserve was 50 pounds. Any bid less than that would not have met the reserve and the auction would not have been won. You can't bid against yourself.

If you bid the reserve, which you did, then why should eBay not recognize it?

That's not what happened. The reserve was 50 pounds. Any bid less than that would not have met the reserve and the auction would not have been won. You can't bid against yourself.

If you bid the reserve, which you did, then why should eBay not recognize it?

I suppose I was just surprised that my first bid (£44.44) only took the bids up to £41.02 which is £1 above the second highest bidder. So when I placed my second bid (£52.52) I didn't expect the price to rise at all. So it was a shock to see it go all the way to £50.

Thankfully I won the auction. And Ernie the Premium Bond machine paid for it :)

Oh, if it makes you feel better, I paid $100 for mine 15 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom