Posting Members Pics

anon x

Following Pigsty Photogate :

I've asked lots of times in The Pigsty but why is it against TOS to repost photos
of members that have already been posted on here ?

Quotes often means a photo is reposted and it seems that photos (especially of Moz) can be "stolen" and reposted as many times as people like.

Right,I KNOW this TOS exists (as Kewpie,Bored and Skinny have pointed out)
BUT WHY does it exist
What is the point of it?

Following Pigsty Photogate :

I've asked lots of times in The Pigsty but why is it against TOS to repost photos
of members that have already been posted on here ?

Quotes often means a photo is reposted and it seems that photos (especially of Moz) can be "stolen" and reposted as many times as people like.

Right,I KNOW this TOS exists (as Kewpie,Bored and Skinny have pointed out)
BUT WHY does it exist
What is the point of it?

Because it could be construed as stalking. You might not remember, but there have been several occasions, going back many years, where some users have taken pictures of others, posted in good faith, then reposted them later with other personal information. Sometimes the pictures were doctored in in an offensive manner. Now, you could quite reasonably say what's the problem with posting someone else's picture? Fair point. When someone posts a picture of themselves, you could very well save a copy. However - re-posting the same picture falls under the category I described above. In my understanding, it's based on past experience of trolls who have mis-used personal pictures of other posted in good faith, and I believe that is why that section of the TOS exists. personally, I believe it's right.

Peter

I have never posted my pictures in any internet sites.

However, a forum user I met before Hyde Park gig in July this year took my photo without my knowledge and later his partner posted in the forums.
This is clearly a violation of privacy.

Also I witnessed some users hacked other users' photobucket accounts, stole their private photos and posted in the forums.

Because it could be construed as stalking. ... some users have taken pictures of others, posted in good faith, then reposted them later with other personal information. Sometimes the pictures were doctored in in an offensive manner. Now, you could quite reasonably say what's the problem with posting someone else's picture? Fair point. When someone posts a picture of themselves, you could very well save a copy. However - re-posting the same picture falls under the category I described above. In my understanding, it's based on past experience of trolls who have mis-used personal pictures of other posted in good faith, and I believe that is why that section of the TOS exists. personally, I believe it's right.

Peter

Thanks for the answer (at last !)
Personally,i feel people are taking things just a tad too seriously on here and do think that banning someone for reposting pics that another member had already posted rather silly.

Still not too sure what's actually so bad about it but it's not my site to make the rules.(who makes the rules ?)

Because it could be construed as stalking. You might not remember, but there have been several occasions, going back many years, where some users have taken pictures of others, posted in good faith, then reposted them later with other personal information. Sometimes the pictures were doctored in in an offensive manner. Now, you could quite reasonably say what's the problem with posting someone else's picture? Fair point. When someone posts a picture of themselves, you could very well save a copy. However - re-posting the same picture falls under the category I described above. In my understanding, it's based on past experience of trolls who have mis-used personal pictures of other posted in good faith, and I believe that is why that section of the TOS exists. personally, I believe it's right.

Peter

i think thats the key right there. just reposting a pic for the sake of reposting it, especially just a day or two after the pic was originally posted, i dont think is a bannable offense. all about intention.

in reality though i dont really plan on reposting pics anyway, so this doesnt affect me none, just thought id put in my two cents for whatever reason.

Also I witnessed some users hacked other users' photobucket accounts, stole their private photos and posted in the forums.

Nobody's "hacked" anything. All you have to do is right-click on a photo, select "View image in new window", then remove the image name from the URL. Voilà! If the user has a public Photobucket account, you have access to all of their pics. Public accounts are meant for public viewing (but not for linking to from here or elsewhere, IMHO). End of.

I've notified several users here that their Photobucket accounts are public, yet most of them haven't changed their settings. Including a user who has several compromising pics, as well as pics of another SoLowist. :cool:

^^ You can't be talking about me. Anymore. :o:D

I just changed my settings to private.
I don't think I have any compromising photos stored there; but Corrissey, I did have some pics of our night out in Indy....but not the compromising ones ;)

I didn't have any compromising ones either, in or out of Indy :rolleyes::p...

Funny you should ask, corny. The other SoLowist in the pics was you. And I wouldn't call it stalking. I would call it idle curiosity.

Ohhh you remembered what I looked like, I'm flattered, (also could you tell this to the odd ball who has kept the said picture of me). ....but your idle curiosity is stalking though J;)

Fine, I'm a stalker. But you know exactly who it is.

Actually Jason, if your not shit stirring 'again', which every so often you seem to engage here on solo. You tell me, who it is? Come on....or get them to PM me or write on profile.

Better still, tell us on here, on this thread or provided the link and post it yourself.

or are you just been creepy again as you were with your sneaky tactics in finding IP addresses. Or your mockery of adults with down syndrome, as your Halloween costume....hey creepy Nrith "BOO".

Actually Jason, if your not shit stirring 'again', which every so often you seem to engage here on solo. You tell me, who it is? Come on....or get them to PM me or write on profile.

Better still, tell us on here, on this thread or provided the link and post it yourself.

You sure you want me to post it here on this thread?

or are you just been creepy again as you were with your sneaky tactics in finding IP addresses. Or your mockery of adults with down syndrome, as your Halloween costume....hey creepy Nrith "BOO".

:rolleyes:

Nothing creepy about it. She posted a pic, I looked at her Photobucket account, and there you were. I didn't get her IP address, and I'm pretty sure she's not retarded, even though she had your pics in her Photobucket account. ;)

Now is Kewpie going to warn you not to troll me outside of the Pigsty? Calling me "Jason" or "JT" (as anon x did the other day) is bad form, since I've never once mentioned my name publicly here.

You sure you want me to post it here on this thread?

yeah, go on.

Nothing creepy about it. She posted a pic, I looked at her Photobucket account, and there you were.
so, a woman, posts her picture and you feel you need to look at her photobucket account....no that isn't creepy.

I didn't get her IP address, and I'm pretty sure she's not retarded, even though she had your pics in her Photobucket account. ;)

never said you did get her IP address (did you find out who paris hilton is). But you had a look at her Photobucket account...why is that?

Now is Kewpie going to warn you not to troll me outside of the Pigsty? Calling me "Jason" or "JT" (as anon x did the other day) is bad form, since I've never once mentioned my name publicly here.

I am not trolling you Jason, just asking you question about something you mentioned on this thread.

so, are you going to provide the information i asked for?

yeah, go on.

so, a woman, posts her picture and you feel you need to look at her photobucket account....no that isn't creepy.

never said you did get her IP address (did you find out who paris hilton is). But you had a look at her Photobucket account...why is that?

WTF? Because that's what people do on the Internet. Why do you think that there are sites like MySpaz & Facebook?

I am not trolling you Jason, just asking you question about something you mentioned on this thread.

You are, in fact, trolling me by calling me by my real name. Do I call you by your real name, which you've never posted here, but which is quite easy to find on Facebook?

so, are you going to provide the information i asked for?

I'll PM you.

WTF? Because that's what people do on the Internet. Why do you think that there are sites like MySpaz & Facebook?

is it? may be you...which is very odd!

You are, in fact, trolling me by calling me by my real name. Do I call you by your real name, which you've never posted here, but which is quite easy to find on Facebook?

find me on facebook then, you seem to have a lot of information about me, why is that?

I'll PM you.

i better let you then...shame you have got the guts to post it or say who is it on this thread. you are a creep.

Tags
character assassination check yourself before you pot calls kettle black rant
Back
Top Bottom