I've Just Come Home From Midnight Mass

Just "these days"? :rolleyes:;)

I'm glad we have someone with your superior intellect to interpret what the pope really meant in his message.

Everyone knows full well what he meant, you are only trying to pretend otherwise because it's embarrassing on this site.

Take for example the Irish Independent, who said that:

"He declared that saving humanity from homosexual or transsexual behaviour was as important as saving the rainforests from destruction."

The Irish Independent is a right-wing catholic newspaper so they seemingly understood what he was trying to say.

It boggles my mind that anyone gives these medievalist demagogues the time of day in the 21st century. Though, the static birthrates of both Ireland and Italy suggest most people have given up the contraception = evil nonsense.

Sadly the centuries of hatred and bigotry directed towards minority communities may take a while longer to heal.

Having just had a Thorn Bird's fest (found it in the attic and hadn't seen it for two decades!).I now have a new found love for the Pope and Richard Chamberlain.And i've finally forgiven him for being gay.

My great great grandma was a catholic and had over 20 children.

..and I have never felt more persecuted for my sexuality and existence.

God accepts me in open arms? I am eternally in debt to the Lord?

God condemns me a sinner, and the Lord decrees me to hell and fire.

I'm not religious but you just seem to unfairly imply you were at the brunt of preachings about the lake of fire or something.

Is this a report from your visit to church? The title suggests so but the message doesn't really tell me much that I didn't already know about Christianity.

I beging to wonder why mods allow this sort of idiocy on the forums, when they specificially created a section for morons you like to act out your idiocy as you please, but then I realize the state of moderation here and all my questions are answered.

..and I have never felt more persecuted for my sexuality and existence.

God accepts me in open arms? I am eternally in debt to the Lord?

God condemns me a sinner, and the Lord decrees me to hell and fire.

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus"
Romans 3: 23-24

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

I don't know what you heard or what the message was at your mass, but it doesn't read like it was a typical Christmas message.
Christianity isn't complicated. Catholicism is so far removed from what Jesus taught that it shouldn't even be considered "Christian".

Catholicism is so far removed from what Jesus taught that it shouldn't even be considered "Christian".
even as an exCatholic that the kind of stuff that can still rile me up a bit :eek:
i have heard many protestants call Catholics not really Christians, what you still trying to get back for the non total success of Luther's revolt?
get over it, move on, a lot of the 'Christian World' is Catholic
it aint gonna change dude :cool:

even as an exCatholic that the kind of stuff that can still rile me up a bit :eek:
i have heard many protestants call Catholics not really Christians, what you still trying to get back for the non total success of Luther's revolt?

oh yeah totally. being raised Baptist I heard this all the time. and i think its funny when I tell people I went to Christian school, they automatically think I'm talkin about Catholic school. and they have no idea how big the difference is. I was talking to a friend on Christmas who went to Mass in the morning (he's not religious, but went with his mom) and i said something about never attending Mass or going to any kind of Catholic service, and he was like "whaaa?" totally didnt understand the difference or why there was one at all.

there goes my vision of you in a catholic school girl uniform :tears:

hahaha, oh man, it was totally the opposite. we had to wear dresses or skirts to the middle of our knees or lower. I looked very nerdy and modest back then. Closer to amish school girl uniform. :rolleyes::p

still, pics please :pray:

Here's an old pic Nugz gave me, I hope she doesn't get mad at me for posting it.

amish%20girl-thumb.jpg

I understand what you are saying but what I was implying is that Christianity at it's core is very simple...accepting Jesus Christ as one's savior. That is it, plain and simple.
All the other things added on: confessing to a priest, observing specific days as "holy", praying to Mary and "saints", purgatory, etc etc etc are what make Catholicism a religion and not Christianity.
Would I say that all Catholics are not Christians? No. But if a person says they are a Christian because they are Catholic, they are mistaken. The same goes for a Lutheran, Baptist, etc. IMO

"a lot of the 'Christian World' is Catholic it aint gonna change dude"
I agree with you.

Tags
church is for schmucks why go in the first place
Back
Top Bottom