I've Just Come Home From Midnight Mass

I agree with him whole heartedly.

Gee, that's a shocker.

Did you even listen to what he said? He said that preserving the fundamental nature of the human race is the very basis of life. What is so controversial about that?!

Why is it when someone has a different opinion they're automatically stupid? :rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with the pope being stupid. I do have a problem with him spreading hate and fear. Spiritual leaders suppose to give guidance and support. Instead they use their power to inflame violence and intolerance against whole groups of people. The pope's words are claiming victims in body and soul. It is vile and criminal.

Besides, did you even listen to what he said?! the man was comparing fighting homosexuality to saving rainforests. That is stupid!

Gee, that's a shocker.

I don't have a problem with the pope being stupid. I do have a problem with him spreading hate and fear. Spiritual leaders suppose to give guidance and support. Instead they use their power to inflame violence and intolerance against whole groups of people. The pope's words are claiming victims in body and soul. It is vile and criminal.

Besides, did you even listen to what he said?! the man was comparing fighting homosexuality to saving rainforests. That is stupid!

Well I do remember never hearing the world 'homosexual' even being mentioned. I do recall him saying something along the lines of protecting the rainforest does not deserve more attention than protecting human life. If THAT'S hate and fear....... Then I don't even know what to tell you to be honest.

..and I have never felt more persecuted for my sexuality and existence.

God accepts me in open arms? I am eternally in debt to the Lord?

God condemns me a sinner, and the Lord decrees me to hell and fire.

I am sorry to hear you had to go through that. :mad:I have to say I havent been to church in years. To me the church and god dont have much in common. Of course I cant speak for all churches and priests in this world. But when I was growing up people in this village (that they forgot to close down) would look at you like you had a disease if you didnt turn up at church every sunday. My parents thankfully let me decide if I wanted to go or not. The church couldnt be more oldfashioned. The bible doesnt say anything against condoms or girls who love girls or boys who love boys or boys who love both and girls who love both. If you really wanna be a good "Christian" or a good person in general - I would say be tolerant and accept people for who they are. The church is fast when it's about wanting money but that's about it.

Don't listen to them, there's nothing wrong with you. :)

My question is: How low is this person's self esteem that listening to some homophobe priest, who's a member of one of the largest orders of pedophiles and closet homosexuals on the planets, makes them feel bad?

Well I do remember never hearing the world 'homosexual' even being mentioned. I do recall him saying something along the lines of protecting the rainforest does not deserve more attention than protecting human life. If THAT'S hate and fear....... Then I don't even know what to tell you to be honest.

The pope actually does not know what he's talking about. Protecting the rainforests is protecting human life.

When he talks about protecting human life, he talks about the 'danger' in letting people live their lives in a way that doesn't suit his definition of human nature. Here specifically he was referring to the traditional gender roles as human nature. (I think it's save to assume that by gender roles he does mean, among other things, heterosexual reunions.) He is not stopping by praising a certin manner of life, but he take the opportunity to warn from people who live their lives differently, as it means 'self-destruction for humans and therefore a destruction of the work itself of God'. That's spreading fear and hate.

It isn't a statistic, it would be an individual case file. Accusations and 'opinions' passed off as fact. Whenever someone says something that irks you, you find the need to make up 'feelings' for them and play internet psychiatrist and ad hominem your way to internet victory! Well, are the people you know in the exact area of the attacks?

What?

That made absolutely no sense whatsoever and the people around you are now dumber for being exposed to it.

Take your bullshit to the pigsty and stop clogging the forum with your idiocy, please. Just a friendly request.

When he talks about protecting human life, he talks about the 'danger' in letting people live their lives in a way that doesn't suit his definition of human nature. Here specifically he was referring to the traditional gender roles as human nature. (I think it's save to assume that by gender roles he does mean, among other things, heterosexual reunions.) He is not stopping by praising a certin manner of life, but he take the opportunity to warn from people who live their lives differently, as it means 'self-destruction for humans and therefore a destruction of the work itself of God'. That's spreading fear and hate.

For many years Ratzinger served under Pope John Paul II and wrote some of the Vatican’s most anti-gay statements.

He has, as may be said, "a history" by which his remarks can be interpreted.

it's very politically correct to persecute catholics these days isn't it.

Just "these days"? :rolleyes:;)

I'm glad we have someone with your superior intellect to interpret what the pope really meant in his message.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry to hear you had to go through that. :mad:I have to say I havent been to church in years. To me the church and god dont have much in common. Of course I cant speak for all churches and priests in this world. But when I was growing up people in this village (that they forgot to close down) would look at you like you had a disease if you didnt turn up at church every sunday. My parents thankfully let me decide if I wanted to go or not. The church couldnt be more oldfashioned. The bible doesnt say anything against condoms or girls who love girls or boys who love boys or boys who love both and girls who love both. If you really wanna be a good "Christian" or a good person in general - I would say be tolerant and accept people for who they are. The church is fast when it's about wanting money but that's about it.
well said

Tags
church is for schmucks why go in the first place
Back
Top Bottom