Moz on Jay Leno 1992

echobay

fades into the background
Just saw this, thought it was a great clip.:)

Loved how Leno got his signed copy.

And Morrissey missed one of his heroes Kirk Douglas by just one week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fans going mental in the background.
And the band sounds so crisp. Sorry, Jesse.

Just saw this, thought it was a great clip.:)

Loved how Leno got his signed copy.

And Morrissey missed one of his heroes Kirk Douglas by just one week.

hey thx for that post I think I saw one of those clips before but not both. For F@#k sake that band was tight! I coulda sworn that was a backing track but it ain't.

How sorry do you feel for the other guests? They are like sitting there saying "Um I'm famous too" you can hear the crowd drop in volume when Jay thx them and then go way back up when the camera gets to Moz again.

Question: What is this long rectangular sleeve that Jay is holding up? I've seen it in the pics for the signing in 92 but no idea what it is. I assume it's a CD but what's with the shape?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh that was wonderful. Oh at the end when Jay shakes their hands, Morrissey just wavers on the side with his painful shyness. God it's unbelievably adorable!

Oh my gosh that was wonderful. Oh at the end when Jay shakes their hands, Morrissey just wavers on the side with his painful shyness. God it's unbelievably adorable!

I like how Jay shakes Morrissey's hand first. Then Moz looks to the audience like "Am I really here on stage with these other people?"

This makes me really want to hear Certain People I Know during the next tour.

I was lucky enough to be in the audience. It was really awesome, especially after not getting in the year before when Johnny Carson was still there.

We got there the evening before and slept out on the sidewalk overnight. From when we got in line until when the show taped was probably close to 24 hours. Tiring but worth it. Jay was really cool. He came out to the line a little while before the show and talked to everyone in line for a minute or two and thanked everyone for coming, etc.

I also love the part after Morrissey shakes Jay's hand and then looks so shy.

Jeff

jeff992, you lucky duck :) What a treat to have been there!

I can barely watch that. :sweet:

3131679337_513e46a794_o.jpg

I remember staying up to watch it with my dad. I thought it was a school night but it I checked iCal and it was a Friday. I remember falling deeper in love with him watching the awkward handshake afterward. "Get me off this couch now!"

Awesome clip......but I still can't stand Jay, he's such a phony.

Alain's guitars are seriously bad-arse......love that first Les Paul with the bigsby tremelo.

Can't believe Jay was this "hip" back in the day....the next week he had the Ramones and Motorhead on?!?!?!?

I, too was one of the fortunate ones to have gotten in to that show. It was just mere months after moving to CA. I do recall "sleeping" (no real sleeping took place) on the sidewalk as well. It was crazy good.

The best part was that at one point I didn't think I'd get in because of all those in front of me. Then we were kind of in a holding pattern right before being admitted later that afternoon. As it turned out I was permitted to fill in the VIP seating right down front to the guest side of the stage. It was unreal and it still stands out to me to this day.

dcn

Back
Top Bottom