2020 live dates

Re: 2011 live dates

From TTY:

* Update: The Cheltenham date will now not take place, and once a substitute venue has been found then these shall constitute the only Morrissey concerts in the UK for this year.

Oh man, Cheltenham was the only one I'd have had a chance of getting to. Why are they all so far away? I can't believe those are the only dates for this year, so gutting. I can only hope he reschedules at a decent place. I tried working out how much it'd cost to get to York, and the train ticket just there was £90 odd. Ridiculous.

C'mon Morrissey, cater for us southerners!

"these shall constitute the only Morrissey concerts in the UK for this year"

Waaaaaaah! Way to turn up the pressure Moz! So presumably, the headline gig at Hop Farm is not being classed as a Morrissey gig as it's a festival. I suppose this doesn't rule out other festival appearances but it seems that's it for solo gigs.

I enjoyed their use of the word "constitute" :cool:

To be honest I'm relieved. I couldn't have afforded many more gigs than the three that, legs crossed, I might get to on this summer Jocks'n'Yorks 2011 tour.
Plus, I like the fact that it's mental. Thirty years in to what is laughably called his 'career' who else but Morrissey would 'constitute' a UK tour of Brigadoon, Shap Fells, etcetera?

However, I may not be so approving if I cannae get tickets :o

Last edited:

I called the Alhambra in Dunfermline and they were still waiting on confirmation from the promoters as to when the tickets were going on sale.

So the pre-sale is on St Paddy's Day. Balls to it. Ironically enough I'm going to be on my way to Cheltenham for the festival!

Realistically, do people think these really will be the only UK dates this year? Would love to go to all of them but they're simply too far away for me. Plus, how so many people can afford all the travelling and hotel costs etc is beyond me! Keeping my fingers crossed for more 2012 dates in UK (preferably Manchester or Leeds)!

QUOTE=Bluebirds;1986628896]So the pre-sale is on St Paddy's Day. Balls to it. Ironically enough I'm going to be on my way to Cheltenham for the festival![/QUOTE]

Festival of death:mad:;)

Unless hes in Europe and America for the rest of the year i can see a second UK leg covering the south like he did in 91

I am confused I know thats easy LOL but if tickets go on sale tomorrow (monday) how can presale for scotland be on 17th.....any clarification would help, even tho I will more than likely be at work whenever they go on sale anyway........so if you manage to get any spares think of me kindly

In todays 'Sunday Mail' Billy Sloan has a piece 'Morrissey's little big tour' detailing the dates.
One of Billy's many tour 'insiders' said: "Morrissey insisted on playing in towns he never usually plays in, so he handpicked the venues personally. They will be his most intimate ever solo gigs in Scotland."
"Tickets go on sale on Friday"
DF concerts have a page of concert adverts elsewhere in the paper but the Morrissey concerts are not listed.

~ paranoid and proud of it...

Any possibility to touch some of you and then selling me 2, reasonably priced, York tickets?
I'm italian, Berlusconi is my Prime Minister: this can be considered a misfortune enough to be rewarded with my first time Morrissey concert?

Any possibility to touch some of you and then selling me 2, reasonably priced, York tickets?
I'm italian, Berlusconi is my Prime Minister: this can be considered a misfortune enough to be rewarded with my first time Morrissey concert?

I'm sorry, this thread is not the place to ask others to sell their spare tickets.
You should post a thread in MARKETPLACE forum.
Hope someone will be able to help you.

Also keep checking venue website http://www.yorkbarbican.co.uk, Ticketmaster and SeeTickets websites, nearer the time of the gig you might be able to buy tickets.

Back
Top Bottom