2020 live dates

Re: USA, UK & European Dates 2009

Absolutely and I'm not blaming Stephane. I was more wondering if any literature buffs here had spotted it out.

Its read by John Betjeman who was played during the 2002 intro..That's all I know.

I just know that it is WH Auden reading his own poetry. At one point in the recording a BBC RP voice announces that we are now crossing over to the Masonic Hall in Edinburgh for a live poetry reading by, amongst others, WH Auden.
Wystan Hugh doesn't quite rock a phat one as much as old Johnny Bitchin' Betjeman did but it's still nice to hear.
I intended to get to the Royal Albert for the doors opening just so that I could hear his voice booming around that old space. Not to be, not to be.....
:(

A Child Ill
- John Betjeman

Oh little body, do not die.
The soul looks out through wide blue eyes
So questioningly into mine,
That my tormented soul replies
"Oh little body, do not die
You hold the soul that talks to me,
Although our conversation be
As wordless as the windy sky."

So looked my father at the last,
Right in my soul before he died,
Though words we spoke went heedless past
As London traffic-roar outside.
And now the same blue eyes I see
Look through me from a little son,
So questioningly, so searchingly
That youthfulness and age are one.

My father looked at me and died
Before my soul made full reply.
Lord, leave this other light alight
Oh little body, do not die.

Just got an email from seetickets about an Alexandra Palace show in November, tickets on sale on Friday. Hope this hasnt already been posted, had a quick look but couldnt see anything. :)

Great avvy, there. My favorite pics of Johnny are from that session.
What part of CA are you from? I think he'll be adding more dates this end. Especially in So Ca to end the tour near L.A. One I'm hoping for anyway!

I see a string of US dates at the HOB. Horrible venue, with many obstructions, as opposed to an expansive space. Unless, of course, you have balcony seating. Sounds like most of the HOB venues are built the same. Oh noes.

Im hoping for more in So Ca as well, if I can get my ass over by the end of Nov. What's the Gibson Amph like? BTW, all reports of the Holly bowl as a venue have been positive but I would rather Moz in a hall, but then I'm like that with most bands these days.

Last edited:

Im hoping for more in So Ca as well, if I can get my ass over by the end of Nov. What's the Gibson Amph like? BTW, all reports of the Holly bowl as a venue have been positive but I would rather Moz in a hall, but then I'm like that with most bands these days.

gibson is a nice sit down venue with a nice view from most spots. hollywood bowl he cannot sell out IMO. aside from that the bowl sucks a fat cock. The pomona, ventura, and vegas shows will be intimate. Thats where you wanna be. :D

Re: UK & European Dates 2009

phoned perth tourist office today.....they put me through to perth concert hall (city hall is "mothballed!") who confirmed his majesty will be playing/is due to play there on june 15th..they said tickets would be on sale friday 18th(tho i bet its the 14th) and most probably ticketmaster and themselves would be selling www.horsecross.co.uk is link to their ticket office

phoned perth tourist office today.....they put me through to perth concert hall (city hall is "mothballed!") who confirmed his majesty will be playing/is due to play there on june 15th..they said tickets would be on sale friday 18th(tho i bet its the 14th) and most probably ticketmaster and themselves would be selling www.horsecross.co.uk is link to their ticket office

Good work lord byron. I'm just glad the whole City/Concert Hall thing has been cleared up as every google search I did gave me info on the City hall being demolished and I was pure :S

I checked the Dunfermline website and they are also listing tickets on sale this Friday, the 18th. :confused: Maybe that is just for Box Office/website sales? Maybe somebody could call to check it out...sorry I am not in the UK.

http://www.alhambradunfermline.com/listings_detail/166/

Last edited:
Re: 2011 live dates

Not great timing for me as Im off to Glastonbury. Hoping to do Dunfermline and Hawick as Im a bit stuffed on the rest. Bit of a busy week it will be. Still hoping the blank Sunday means an appearance at Worthy Farm from the main man !

Re: 2011 live dates

whats the point of this thread when there already one for the 2011 tour , this ones been renamed but is from 2009 ???

I decided to keep this thread because I can edit the title and FIRST post then add the latest info.

Back
Top Bottom