Irish Republic dates

Jim Carroll (Irish Times) wrote in his blog earlier to-day...

His Mozness will be celebrating his 50th birthday next year with four Irish shows. He plays Killarney’s INEC (April 28), Galway’s Leisureland (April 29), Omagh’s Leisure Centre (May 1) and Belfast’s Waterfront (May 2). Tickets go on sale on Friday, ranging in price from £33 for the shows up north to €54.80 for the shows down south.

Tickets priced €54.80 on sale 9am Friday December 12.

Welcome to the rip off republic. The Belfast gig is priced at £33 which equates to about €38. No wonder people from here are heading north in droves to do their shopping. Still, good news about the gigs though.

Get that hotel room booked pronto - the Gleneagles (Killarney) still has rooms, I just booked mine.

Peter

Get that hotel room booked pronto - the Gleneagles (Killarney) still has rooms, I just booked mine.

Peter

Killarney's chock full of hotels of all grades. The Gleneagles is convenient, but I wouldn't panic if I couldn't get a room there - there'll be plenty more rooms, and there's plenty of hotels and B/B's within walking distance of the venue. Make sure and take a walk down by the lakes, or rent a bike and go for a spin around by Muckross etc. Its worth it for the views. The weather should be nice in May.

And even better I spotted this when looking through the INEC website:

http://www.inec.ie/Events/index.php?event_action=view&eid=78&instance=2009-6-19#

Don't know which I'm looking forward to more

Last edited:
This is great news.I suppose we'll find out in the next day or two what dates Moz will be playing in Dublin.
An expensive couple of months ahead I think.

Welcome to the rip off republic. The Belfast gig is priced at £33 which equates to about €38. No wonder people from here are heading north in droves to do their shopping. Still, good news about the gigs though.

You said it, Joe, you said it...
By the way, do you like your new statue in Mullingar?

This is great news.I suppose we'll find out in the next day or two what dates Moz will be playing in Dublin.
An expensive couple of months ahead I think.

I'm not so sure about Dublin dates, but fingers crossed :)
I'm getting me paper-cup ready for the pan-handling to raise the necessary funds!

Panhandle away do what's necessary to get the cash but don't listen to piccadilly palare for a bit in case you get any bad ideas.;)

Do tell Peter.I'd love to know.

I have me belted coat ready along with the paper-cup, IB!

I too want to hear naughty Peter's story. Spill the beans, as it were, Unc :) Did it involve Joe Dolan?!?!?!?

Panhandle away do what's necessary to get the cash but don't listen to piccadilly palare for a bit in case you get any bad ideas.;)

Do tell Peter.I'd love to know.

Me and a colleague were travelling back from Longford. We stopped at Hammills (on the Mullingar by-pass). John went up and ordered and got a stew and roll - being Veggie, I was told my veggie stir-fry would take a while, so I went up and got a bread roll from the display cabinet. Back at the table, the bread roll was a bit tough, but I cut in and began to eat. I saw the waitresses laugh, then they came over with a pile of tissues. "Sir, you really don't want to eat that", they said. "Why not?" says I - "because it's a display bread roll made of plaster" says they.

In mitigation - I was very hungry.

A year later, I went back, and back at the same place...

"Excuse me sir, weren't you here last year asking for a vegetarian meal?"

"Indeed I was"

<pile of laughing waitresses>

Joy.

Peter

Me and a colleague were travelling back from Longford. We stopped at Hammills (on the Mullingar by-pass). John went up and ordered and got a stew and roll - being Veggie, I was told my veggie stir-fry would take a while, so I went up and got a bread roll from the display cabinet. Back at the table, the bread roll was a bit tough, but I cut in and began to eat. I saw the waitresses laugh, then they came over with a pile of tissues. "Sir, you really don't want to eat that", they said. "Why not?" says I - "because it's a display bread roll made of plaster" says they.

"Indeed I was"

Joy.

Peter

Hahahahah.
Just shows, we veggies are made of strong stuff!!

In light of recent events, I'm glad I haven't eaten pork in years...

"Indeed I was"

Joy.

Peter

:D that's hilarious!
These Irish dates are brilliant. I'd reckon he's gonna announce a single date at the new O2 arena. Leisureland looks like a good venue, small and intimate, The Smiths played there in 1984 long before my time :)

Peter

If you book a room at the INEC you usually get a discount for the shows like, er, er... Riverdance. :o (I saw it for free twice and got a commission for bringing people to the show) ...So maybe Spongebob too? :D
Shame none of that works for Morrissey shows!

It's a lovely area. Beautiful oak forest, lakes...Don't bother visiting Muckross house though anyone, you'll get sick at all the hunt trophies everywhere!:sick:

I have me belted coat ready along with the paper-cup, IB!
QUOTE]

He He, Hope you fancy yourself as a "reasonably good buy"

"Indeed I was"

Joy.

Peter

Ha Ha,Great story you made quite an impression,because it was in the Mullingar region I wonder what did they find stranger? The fact you were trying to eat a bread roll from the display cabinet or that you requested a vegetarian meal.:confused:

Just in case people are thinking of coming over for the Killarney concert there's a small airport in Kerry and the fly to and from London Stanstead,London Luton,Manchester,Dublin,Lorient and Hahn.
http://www.kerryairport.com/

Tags
avoid emma
Back
Top Bottom