Didn't Janet Jackson claim that her new album would be Morrissey influenced?

M

Mimi

And that was just a few months ago.....meanwhile, the album is out, and though I haven't heard it, the two singles that are around suggest that she's doing the same old crap than before - so what's all this supposed Morrissey influence about???? Has anyone else heard more of the album?? Not that I care too much, just out of curiosity...

The Bozmachine

Re: I've got Janet Jackson's new album

I bought it when it first came out, just because. I admit it, I used to like Janet so I had to check it out. As far as it being Moz influenced, I just don't see (hear) it anywhere. It's the same old Janet. A couple of the songs may be a bit depressing, so maybe that's the connection? I listened to it twice and shelved it, so best off saving your cash.

> And that was just a few months ago.....meanwhile, the album is
> out, and though I haven't heard it, the two singles that are
> around suggest that she's doing the same old crap than before -
> so what's all this supposed Morrissey influence about???? Has
> anyone else heard more of the album?? Not that I care too much,
> just out of curiosity...

> And that was just a few months ago.....

Yes, I do remember. There was a mention here on Morrissey-solo, no?

meanwhile, the album is
> out, and though I haven't heard it, the two singles that are
> around suggest that she's doing the same old crap than before -
> so what's all this supposed Morrissey influence about???? Has
> anyone else heard more of the album?? Not that I care too much,
> just out of curiosity...

Well, but if you didn't even listened to her album, I don't see your point? Just curiosity, as you said? And who said her songs are 'crap'? You opinion, I suppose. You can't blame her for NOT making rockabilly 'crap'. I have read some of your posts before, and you seem to be a rockabilly fan, aren't you? If so, forget Janet, and listen to Boz Boorer 'crap'.

Re: I've got Janet Jackson's new album

I admit it, I
> used to like Janet so I had to check it out.

What's wrong with that? Unless she does not jump on the stage with snakes all around her body, like Britney Sperm. There's no shame if you like her.

As far as it being
> Moz influenced, I just don't see (hear) it anywhere. It's the
> same old Janet. A couple of the songs may be a bit depressing,
> so maybe that's the connection? I listened to it twice and
> shelved it, so best off saving your cash.

How could work this supposed Morrissey influence on her mind? You need to abstract! You can't expect songs like 'heaven knows i'm miserable now'. Her way to deal with this influence is too personal. We are talking about artists here, not impersonators.

> Yes, I do remember. There was a mention here on Morrissey-solo,
> no?

> meanwhile, the album is

> Well, but if you didn't even listened to her album, I don't see
> your point? Just curiosity, as you said? And who said her songs
> are 'crap'? You opinion, I suppose. You can't blame her for NOT
> making rockabilly 'crap'. I have read some of your posts before,
> and you seem to be a rockabilly fan, aren't you? If so, forget
> Janet, and listen to Boz Boorer 'crap'.

Aaah, first of all, welcome back Somnium! But don't try different names, your writing style is too distinctive....

And: I don't see much sense in argueing about the artistic value of songs like "All for you" because they are spit out by some millionaire songwriter for the sole purpose of making money. They don't represent the actual state of emotions or thoughts of this divorced and openly depressed woman with eating disorders who grew up in a golden cage. Don't you think Janet Jackson has more things in her life that would be worth writing about? Yet she keeps writing unimportant, unimpressionable little dance tunes (if she even writes them herself at all). Well, you are impressed, obviously.

Well and then.... I don't see how Morrissey, Belle and Sebastian and Janet Jackson mingle well in a cd collection, but everyone has the right to listen to their own crap. So you keep listening to your dance crap, I keep listening to my rockabilly crap (which at least is honest music).

> Aaah, first of all, welcome back Somnium! But don't try
> different names, your writing style is too distinctive....

errr, what? I hate to say that, but I'm not the person you think I am.

> And: I don't see much sense in argueing about the artistic value
> of songs like "All for you" because they are spit out
> by some millionaire songwriter for the sole purpose of making
> money. They don't represent the actual state of emotions or
> thoughts of this divorced and openly depressed woman with eating
> disorders who grew up in a golden cage. Don't you think Janet
> Jackson has more things in her life that would be worth writing
> about? Yet she keeps writing unimportant, unimpressionable
> little dance tunes (if she even writes them herself at all).
> Well, you are impressed, obviously.

Not impressed at all. But I'm not supposed to decide what janet must write about. You are making criticism about a 'whole' album, wich I believe, you didn't listen to?

> Well and then.... I don't see how Morrissey, Belle and Sebastian
> and Janet Jackson mingle well in a cd collection,

This has nothing to do with my simple honest note. They are obviously different.

but everyone
> has the right to listen to their own crap. So you keep listening
> to your dance crap,

I don't listen to any dance, my dear. Why are so nervous? I'm not a Janet Jackson enthusiastic, by the way.

I keep listening to my rockabilly crap
> (which at least is honest music).

But still a crap. I just have made a simple criticism, and you, for some reason (God only knows) felt offended by my words. I'm sorry, I will not bother you anymore. I won't even reply any of your posts anymore. But before saying something about an album you didn't listen, please unless search some informations. And stop accusing me for posting on different nick names, I am a fan of Belle & Sebastian, and I thought I could share my points with Morrissey fans, but now I see you are all lunatics.

Ps: Why everyone on this forum is so paranoid?

Re: Boz question.. ?

Hi Mimi... Is Boz playing with the Folsom Four this weekend at the 12 Bar?? I see it is in the Boorer.co.uk diary.. but I wonder what Boz's actual involvment is?? Can you enlighten me?

> Hi Mimi... Is Boz playing with the Folsom Four this weekend at
> the 12 Bar?? I see it is in the Boorer.co.uk diary.. but I
> wonder what Boz's actual involvment is?? Can you enlighten me?

Hi Ruffian,
the Folsom Four are playing indeed, but from what I know Boz isn't playing with them at all, it's Lyn's band and they're a Johnny Cash tribute...sounds like fun.

> Hi Ruffian,
> the Folsom Four are playing indeed, but from what I know Boz
> isn't playing with them at all, it's Lyn's band and they're a
> Johnny Cash tribute...sounds like fun.

Hi Mimi.. Thanks for that.. may go.. But please excuse my abject ignorance here.. but who is Lyn.. is that Boxz's wife?

Johnny Cash is quite hip nowadays isn't he!! The Tom Jones of country.. hmm.. maybe not!

And when you in London next? You owe me 10 fags and two lagers!! ha ha

> Hi Mimi.. Thanks for that.. may go.. But please excuse my abject
> ignorance here.. but who is Lyn.. is that Boxz's wife?

She is indeed. You should go really, she's an excellent bass player and I'm sure it'll be a fun gig.

> Johnny Cash is quite hip nowadays isn't he!! The Tom Jones of
> country.. hmm.. maybe not!

> And when you in London next? You owe me 10 fags and two lagers!!
> ha ha

That'll take a while as I'm most unhappy to report....I'm very busy at the moment but next time I make it I'll make sure to bring looaads of fags and chilled drinks.

Back
Top Bottom