Katie's Revenge

Cassius

bildeog9.jpg

CARLISLE, Indiana-- An inmate serving a life term for molesting and killing a 10-year-old girl named Katie somehow got "Katie's Revenge" tattooed across his forehead, and prison authorities were trying to determine how it happened.

The Indiana Department of Correction placed Anthony Ray Stockelman, 39, in protective custody away from the general inmate population last weekend after authorities discovered the tattoo, said Rich Larsen, a spokesman for the Wabash Valley Correctional Facility.

Stockelman was sentenced to life in prison after pleading guilty to abducting, molesting and killing Katlyn "Katie" Collman. Katie was missing for five days before her body was found January 30, 2005, in a creek about 15 miles from her home in the southern Indiana town of Crothersville.

Larsen refused to comment on what Stockelman has said about it or what else investigators have learned. He said he did not know how a picture of the crude tattoo was taken and distributed outside the prison, including on the Internet.

Collman's father, John Neace, said he heard about the tattoo from friends and believes it was the work of inmates.

"If I had to guess I'd say it's a statement from the inmates," he said Wednesday. Neace said he has no idea whether his late daughter's distant cousin, who is also serving time at Wabash, played any role.

Stockelman's tattoo, which covers nearly his entire forehead, has "KATIE'S" in large letters and "REVENGE" below in smaller letters.

The search for Katie, a bright child who enjoyed basketball and the Disney Channel, had consumed Crothersville. Police initially believed she was abducted and slain so she would not reveal methamphetamine activity in her neighborhood.

Investigators had interviewed Stockelman early on because he matched the description of a man seen with the girl. Then another man told police that he was involved in the murder.

That confession was eventually shown to be false as evidence pointed investigators back to Stockelman and DNA from the crime scene was found to match his.

(The cousin did it, by the way.)

they should have done worse to him,child killers should be executed.or at least tortured on a daily basis.

Living in southern Indiana is torture enough!

Only slightly kidding.

I think I remember seeing this a few years back, he just needs to go away.

oh it cant be that bad?
i live on cape cod, old people and tourists.

He's actually stuck with the tattoo, I believe. The cousin escaped punishment because the molester was afraid to testify against him in court. He was supposed to be getting the tattoo removed, but last I heard they couldn't justify a cosmetic procedure in his state.

How do you feel about gays & adulterers being executed in certain parts of the world?

Are you really comparing gay people to child molesters? I know you aren't saying they are the same thing, but we're talking about consensual adult sex versus molesting and murdering a ten year old child. Big difference.

Do I think the government has the right to torture them? Absolutely not. Do I care if Bubba finds out what this piece of shit did and decides to show him a little prison justice? Nope.

Are you really comparing gay people to child molesters? I know you aren't saying they are the same thing, but we're talking about consensual adult sex versus molesting and murdering a ten year old child. Big difference.

I'm not comparing gays to child molesters at all. In modern Western culture (generally speaking), child molestation is punished more harshly than sodomy. In other cultures, it may be the opposite.

Do I think the government has the right to torture them? Absolutely not. Do I care if Bubba finds out what this piece of shit did and decides to show him a little prison justice? Nope.

"Prison justice" is an oxymoron. Revenge like this is archaic and incompatible with what can reasonably be considered polite society.

Back
Top Bottom