The "bands which are better than the Strokes" thread.

?

post band(s) that are better than the strokes - let's see if they really are as @#!!! as I say they are!

> post band(s) that are better than the strokes - let's see if
> they really are as @#!!! as I say they are!

I don't hate the Strokes, but I don't think they're so wonderful, either (rather mediocre if you ask me). Maybe they'll impress me if Julian Casablankandkndaswhatshisname learns how to not sing like an aimless drunk and the band start to think up melodies that don't all sound simliar (Oasis, anyone?). For now, though: thumbs down, I'm afraid.
Relating to the original question, ehh... most bands you can name are better than The Strokes, except - for example - rap, Limp Bizkit, the god-awful Stereophonics and any of that garage-dance "music".

Yes, I'm closed minded. ;]

> post band(s) that are better than the strokes - let's see if
> they really are as @#!!! as I say they are!

when you buy a cd you don`t care if it`s from a band or singer, ok? so we can compare bowie and strokes, and bowie is better! so here comes the first 20 or something ones (i don`t know how many bands more and better than the strokes... perhaps hundreds). And i didn`t put any nu-metal, rap, blues, brazilian music or classical music in my list (it would be coward from me...)

the band
black sabbath
beatles
bowie
belle and sebastian
ramones
any hardcore band
smiths
cure
smashing pumpkins
echo and the bunnymen
new order