Setlist for US tour 2009?

lepoeteforcat

Does anyone think that Moz might pick older songs he hasn't played in awhile or maybe songs that he hasn't played live before?

My top choices would be
Speedway
Spring Heeled Jim
Mute Witness
Maladjusted
Alsatian Cousin
Glamorous Glue

or Smiths songs he's never played before?
Unhappy Birthday
I started something I couldn't finish
I won't share you
Cemetry Gates
Some Girls Are Bigger than Others
I know it's over

new songs aside i would like to here:

boy racer
alma matters
boxers
seasick yet still docked
jack the ripper
to me you are a work of art
glamorous glue/the national front disco
suedehead
that joke isnt funny anymore
i am hated for loving
late night maudlin street

I don't understand why he has not played "We Hate It" since 92 and "Fatty" since 95? Seems they have been dropped all together.
Anyone know why?

I don't understand why he has not played "We Hate It" since 92 and "Fatty" since 95? Seems they have been dropped all together.
Anyone know why?

They're easily the weakest songs on Your Arsenal. It's even more a crime that nothing from Kill Uncle has been played since 1991.

When Morrissey goes on tour for a new album, the setlist is contained 8-10 songs of new album track including single B side tracks.
other 7-8 songs are old solo materials and Smiths songs.

I really want to hear The Loop live, I want to rock out to that one so I hope it's kept in the set .. and Playboys! Wouldn't be sad to see the return of Jack the Ripper either ... other than that I'd be happy to see him wipe the slate clean of the last touring setlist (besides the new songs of course).

They're easily the weakest songs on Your Arsenal. It's even more a crime that nothing from Kill Uncle has been played since 1991.

I agree with every word. Bring back Kill Uncle, please. :tears:

When Morrissey goes on tour for a new album, the setlist is contained 8-10 songs of new album track including single B side tracks.
other 7-8 songs are old solo materials and Smiths songs.

I think he generally plays more songs than that live these days.
Usually at least 20.
Moz tends to play a decent number of Smiths songs (between 4 and 6
), and also lots of Quarry/ROTT/new stuff.

The main omission is the lack of 1988-97 songs. The early solo years generally had much better songs than the post 2000 era so it's a real shame that he chooses to play so few.

I think he generally plays more songs than that live these days.
Usually at least 20.
Moz tends to play a decent number of Smiths songs (between 4 and 6
), and also lots of Quarry/ROTT/new stuff.

The main omission is the lack of 1988-97 songs. The early solo years generally had much better songs than the post 2000 era so it's a real shame that he chooses to play so few.

I'm referrimg 2006 UK tour which was almost 40 dates.

boy racer
alma matters
boxers
seasick yet still docked
jack the ripper
suedehead
i am hated for loving

All of them would be great to hear live:).

Me thinks with the repackage, remastered and reissued versions of Southpaw and Maldajusted, he'll be bringing a few of those tracks from that era back.. Love to hear Satan Rejected My Soul, Ammunition, The Boy Racer, Nobody Loves Us, Lost and Do your Best and Don't worry.

Damn its so great to read the words "US 2009 Tour"!

boy racer
alma matters
boxers
seasick yet still docked
jack the ripper
suedehead
i am hated for loving

yep, some great songs there but most are pre-2000 solo songs, the very part of the Mozologue that he tends to play least these days.
I think Morrissey really wants people to believe that his current/recent stuff is his very best, so we get way too much Quarry/ROTT material in the live concerts (as we also did on the Greatest Hits compilation).
hopefully, he'll change his mind when selecting songs for the 2009 tour...

yep, some great songs there but most are pre-2000 solo songs, the very part of the Mozologue that he tends to play least these days.
I think Morrissey really wants people to believe that his current/recent stuff is his very best, so we get way too much Quarry/ROTT material in the live concerts (as we also did on the Greatest Hits compilation).
hopefully, he'll change his mind when selecting songs for the 2009 tour...

Hmmm, very important to impress the audience that Morrissey hasn't been fallen into nostalgia circuit yet.

The Tel Aviv setlist had a number of variations from the Greatest Hits tour such as There is a Light.., Everyday is Like Sunday etc.
This might suggest that they will be resurrected for the forthcoming tour, but I suspect he was just using some of his strongest material to attract new "fans" from an area where he is relatively unknown.
A total overhaul of the current setlist, save a few, would be very exciting.

boy racer
alma matters
boxers
seasick yet still docked
jack the ripper
suedehead
i am hated for loving

GREAT choices!:D
I'll add in Sunny which is a beautiful, emotional song.

The Tel Aviv setlist had a number of variations from the Greatest Hits tour such as There is a Light.., Everyday is Like Sunday etc.
This might suggest that they will be resurrected for the forthcoming tour, but I suspect he was just using some of his strongest material to attract new "fans" from an area where he is relatively unknown.
A total overhaul of the current setlist, save a few, would be very exciting.

I think that was because he probably won't visit Israel again so he did a sort of greatests hits set for them.

I'd like to hear Boxers again.

you can take this to the bank:

7-8 from Years of Refusal
4-5 Smiths
2 from Quarry
1-2 from Vauxhall
1-2 from Arsenal
1-2 B-Sides
1 of the two 2007/2008 singles
1 Cover
0-1 from Maladjusted
0-1 from Southpaw