Salford lads club charity auctions now up

Do you know the story behind the QiD cassette - there can't be many items signed by 5 members of the Smiths - where has this one come from?

Rather predictably, I want all 4 items, can the bank balance cope?

Dave

Do you know the story behind the QiD cassette - there can't be many items signed by 5 members of the Smiths - where has this one come from?

Rather predictably, I want all 4 items, can the bank balance cope?

Dave

Dave
Leslie at the club did tell me who donated it but I cannot recall who it was, will ask him again and let you know.

I'm bidding for just one of those items;)

Jukebox Jury

Dave
Leslie at the club did tell me who donated it but I cannot recall who it was, will ask him again and let you know.

I'm bidding for just one of those items;)

Jukebox Jury

Found space for the Roundhouse poster on your bedroom wall? :D

Presumably only Peter knows who the bidders are - and can possibly work out if they are solo-ers, and how many people are watching.

It's going to be odd watching these; we all like a good bargain (spend half the time boasting about how cheap we bought something) but we all want SLC get loads of money from the sales.

I wonder which will go for the most and which for the least. I feel a Chris Tarrant moment coming on... "place these items in order of value, starting with the most expensive"

A - Huge Morrissey Roundhouse hoarding poster - donated by Merck Mercuriadis.
B - The Queen Is Dead Cassette - signed by all 5 Smiths.
C - Cymbal signed by Mike Joyce.
D - New design Salford Lads Club T-Shirt - signed by Johnny Marr.

ba, da, ba, dum..

I'm not going to put any figures on them, but I reckon A, B, C then D

Presumably only Peter knows who the bidders are - and can possibly work out if they are solo-ers, and how many people are watching.

It's going to be odd watching these; we all like a good bargain (spend half the time boasting about how cheap we bought something) but we all want SLC get loads of money from the sales.

I wonder which will go for the most and which for the least. I feel a Chris Tarrant moment coming on... "place these items in order of value, starting with the most expensive"

A - Huge Morrissey Roundhouse hoarding poster - donated by Merck Mercuriadis.
B - The Queen Is Dead Cassette - signed by all 5 Smiths.
C - Cymbal signed by Mike Joyce.
D - New design Salford Lads Club T-Shirt - signed by Johnny Marr.

ba, da, ba, dum..

I'm not going to put any figures on them, but I reckon A, B, C then D

I think the cassette may go for a higher price than the banner.:eek:
I just think the banner is too big for anyone to do anything with it. Be glad to be proved wrong:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

I can only apologise - I put "The Queed is Dead" and it won't let me change it. Any help?

Peter

Bloody hell.......

The banner / cassette and cymbal are all 20 odd pounds yet the T Shirt is £84:eek:

Jukebox Jury

JJ/Unk ~
Do you have any idea what the HugePoster is made of ? Is it really heavy material, like a vinyl banner, or is it just normal poster weight paper ?
Very clever by the way to place a photo of the poster in situ outside the Roundhouse. I lost track of time standing staring up at that thing back in January. I remember gazing at it from the window of the bar inside, just wondering how easy it may or may not be to slip it off its perch !
You do realise I'm going to have to bloody bid now don't you ?! ;)

JJ/Unk ~
Do you have any idea what the HugePoster is made of ? Is it really heavy material, like a vinyl banner, or is it just normal poster weight paper ?
Very clever by the way to place a photo of the poster in situ outside the Roundhouse. I lost track of time standing staring up at that thing back in January. I remember gazing at it from the window of the bar inside, just wondering how easy it may or may not be to slip it off its perch !

I asked the same question. I believe it's just heavy-duty paper, not Tyvek, or some such type of polymer. I'm just logging on to see how the auctions are going...

Peter

**EDIT** - bloody hell, look at that t-shirt go!!

Last edited:
I asked the same question. I believe it's just heavy-duty paper, not Tyvek, or some such type of polymer. I'm just logging on to see how the auctions are going...

Peter

**EDIT** - bloody hell, look at that t-shirt go!!

Well done people. :)

JJ/Unk ~

Peter

I dont know the precise material, but it is a very thin and light plastic.

Jukebox Jury

Dave

Leslie confirmed that the lad who donated it, waited backstage at a gig in Nottingham in 1986 and got all 5 members of the band to sign it.
he's since just had it on a shelf gathering dust and thought it would be good to donate it to the club to help raise money.:)

Jukebox Jury

Can't believe the price of the t-shirt.

It's the only one of the 4 that might not be unique - let's face it, anyone could buy the lads club t-shirt and then seek out Johnny for an autograph, but the others could never be re-created.

Still, good news for SLC - remember, it's all for charidee!

Dave

A - Huge Morrissey Roundhouse hoarding poster - donated by Merck Mercuriadis £29.
B - The Queen Is Dead Cassette - signed by all 5 Smiths. £35
C - Cymbal signed by Mike Joyce. £21
D - New design Salford Lads Club T-Shirt - signed by Johnny Marr. £82

The above are the current bids as I type. If I win the lottery this Wednesday I'm 'avin all four:p;):p

Is this a fake item?

By the way, I saw this item on Ebay while scouting around. The seller appears to be a t-shirt shop, but it doesn't look official to me. Do you think Leslie should be told? It's one of several he/she has up for sale. I could be wrong, but it looks like money going elsewhere that could be going to the SLC

Peter

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: Is this a fake item?

By the way, I saw this item on Ebay while scouting around. The seller appears to be a t-shirt shop, but it doesn't look official to me. Do you think Leslie should be told? It's one of several he/she has up for sale. I could be wrong, but it looks like money going elsewhere that could be going to the SLC

Maybe, but would you also narc on all the SoLowists who make fanmade shirts, like april and mozgrrl?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: Is this a fake item?

Maybe, but would you also narc on all the SoLowists who make fanmade shirts, like april and mozgrrl?

True, but they are not taking the money out of someone else's pockets by using their name without permission. Or maybe the seller on Ebay has permission? What do I know.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom