Paypal Holding Seller's Payments = wtf?

D

Dave

Okay, i started a new ebay account a few months ago to sell a different type of item than I do on my other accounts. It is connected to a Paypal account I have had for three years. I have managed to have a 100% positive rating with perfect stars.

But Paypal has held payments twice now because this new account does not have 100 feedbacks yet. the first time it was only $65 and not a big deal. It was a repeat customer and shipping was not high.

See, until they receive the item and you show delivery confirmation, you don't get paid, including the shipping costs. Then they wait three more days. If the person leaves a positive you get paid 24 hours later. If there is no feedback and you don't have delivery confirmation you don't get paid for 21 days.

This is a problem because you can't get delivery confirmation overseas. You could only show the customs number and I don't know if they accept it.

Anyway I sold a large item that will cost $60 to pack and ship, and now I have to pay that money up front. I could see this for new accounts, but I have a good record. I have to risk the item plus the shipping fee.

Also, ebay no longer lets you take any payment except Paypal.

There is another thread about Paypal but it is about how they are an unsecured business acting as a bank in effect, with no guarantees, and this is a different story.

I advised you not to start a new account and use the reputation on the old one. I had heard rumors of such things.

My honest fears though stem from the post I made a while ago regarding why you should take that money out of the account ASAP.

My honest fears though stem from the post I made a while ago regarding why you should take that money out of the account ASAP.

Why? :confused: Sorry to intrude; I'm just really curious about Ebay/Paypal stuff...

Right - that's me settled. I was going to create a new account for the SLC auctions this weekend, but I'll use my own instead. Thanks for the advice.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom